Sennheiser Amperiors?
Mar 10, 2012 at 10:50 PM Post #16 of 1,022

Quote:
Ok, but it's been 23 years.  Twenty three yearrrsss

Fair enough! I'd assume that Sennheiser is sticking to the whole if it ain't broke, don't fix it mentality with their precious flagship portable. :p Still, if it's able to stump the top mid-fi portables like Tyll says (M-80's, Dt1350, and its little brother) I don't think it's TOO smalll a feat.

Since I'm a young'in, I'm spoiled in that I haven't had to wait 23 years for a new model, but if you've had to wait that long, I see how it could be irritating.

Mar 10, 2012 at 11:37 PM Post #17 of 1,022

Quote:
Fair enough! I'd assume that Sennheiser is sticking to the whole if it ain't broke, don't fix it mentality with their precious flagship portable. :p Still, if it's able to stump the top mid-fi portables like Tyll says (M-80's, Dt1350, and its little brother) I don't think it's TOO small a feat.

Since I'm a young'in, I'm spoiled in that I haven't had to wait 23 years for a new model, but if you've had to wait that long, I see how it could be irritating.

It's not, but when you look at price and performance people are going to go for the cheaper and still good sounding headphone option.
And 23 years of waiting? I would definitely be irritated! o_o

Mar 11, 2012 at 12:45 AM Post #18 of 1,022
Slightly off-topic, but I find it kinda funny that the HD25 seems to get discussed a lot in the full-size headphone forum even though everyone refers to it as a portable. Not that there's anything wrong with that. It competes with and is obviously a worthy alternative to many full-size cans.

Carry on. :D

Mar 11, 2012 at 8:13 AM Post #20 of 1,022

Quote:
They're just too lazy or too cheap to design something better.

It's more like they don't want. The better it sounds, the more they expect money.
And they want to sell a maximum too. So currently, it might be  not in their interest  to improve radically the sound.
But if one day a competitor a product that kills the hd25 value, then magically they'll find a way to improve their hd25.

Mar 11, 2012 at 9:11 AM Post #21 of 1,022
I think the amperior is a direct price-point competitor for the Beats HD Studios.

Some people are saying that Sennheiser should significantly upgrade the hd25-1-ii - why? They are excellent at their price point, in the actual consumer space, there is no market for >$350 portable headphones. $200 is already more than what most people would ever want to spend. 

If there was a market, there would already be a beats product at that price point, perhaps the Super XHD Beats Pro Studio Bass Enhanced would be a good model name.  

Mar 11, 2012 at 10:05 AM Post #25 of 1,022
Think I'll grab a pair of these when they're priced a bit lower than the MSRP. 
popcorn.gif

Mar 11, 2012 at 11:12 AM Post #26 of 1,022
It's sad that they have lowered their impedance that much. The normal HD25-1 is already very sensitive and can play at deafening volumes out of an ipod. I guess most people are deaf these days and need their music at 120 dB to be able to hear it.
Seems like the Amperior wouldn't pair that well with high end amps, waaay too sensitive. Maybe some day I'll buy an Amperior to put their aluminum cups on my normal 70 ohm HD25-1 
smile_phones.gif

Mar 11, 2012 at 11:19 AM Post #28 of 1,022

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaed /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Still, if it's able to stump the top mid-fi portables like Tyll says (M-80's, Dt1350, and its little brother) I don't think it's TOO smalll a feat.

Better than the DT1350?!? I seriously doubt it..

Mar 11, 2012 at 12:08 PM Post #29 of 1,022
It's sad that they have lowered their impedance that much. The normal HD25-1 is already very sensitive and can play at deafening volumes out of an ipod. I guess most people are deaf these days and need their music at 120 dB to be able to hear it.
Seems like the Amperior wouldn't pair that well with high end amps, waaay too sensitive. Maybe some day I'll buy an Amperior to put their aluminum cups on my normal 70 ohm HD25-1 
smile_phones.gif

I didn't even notice the 18 ohm impedance. That's lower than most headphones and iems with much greater sensitivity.

I guess it's to try and put something out against beats... quantity vs quality
Higher volumes=better for the ignorant consumer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back