Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Sep 3, 2013 at 2:38 PM Post #349 of 1,054
Sep 3, 2013 at 9:19 PM Post #350 of 1,054
Im waiting until Sennheiser put the new HD25 alum carry case up as a spare part. It looks killer :)

Sep 5, 2013 at 5:29 PM Post #351 of 1,054
Don't mean to sidetrack things, but it is the "Appreciation Thread".  I've got a nice home headphone rig and decided to get a Firefly and Amperior for travel.  Wow, this combo is crazy good.  I am digging it so much I am sorta regretting how much I've spent on my dedicated home headphone rig.  Yeah, the home rig is unambiguously "better" in audiophile terms, but this one is really fun and engaging.  I'm loving this combo on rock or anything with drive.  Right now, I'm grooving to the Beastie Boys and remember seeing them live in Chicago.  Certainly, one of my favorite concerts ever.  Next up....."No Sleep Til Brooklyn".  RIP Adam.

Sep 6, 2013 at 9:57 AM Post #352 of 1,054
S
Don't mean to sidetrack things, but it is the "Appreciation Thread".  I've got a nice home headphone rig and decided to get a Firefly and Amperior for travel.  Wow, this combo is crazy good.  I am digging it so much I am sorta regretting how much I've spent on my dedicated home headphone rig.  Yeah, the home rig is unambiguously "better" in audiophile terms, but this one is really fun and engaging.  I'm loving this combo on rock or anything with drive.  Right now, I'm grooving to the Beastie Boys and remember seeing them live in Chicago.  Certainly, one of my favorite concerts ever.  Next up....."No Sleep Til Brooklyn".  RIP Adam.
[/quote

And you have the LCD 2s! Dayum. When you say firefly do you mean dragonfly?

Sep 6, 2013 at 10:28 AM Post #353 of 1,054
Yup, meant the Dragonfly.  I definitely see why people either love or hate these cans.  If you want an immediate, forward, dynamic sound, the Dragonfly + Amperior is an amazing deal.  I'll likely swap out the stock cable with something from Moon Audio to smooth things out a bit, while trying to maintain the same general sound.  Also, toying with the idea of some Westone 5s.  I've got the Shure 215s for the gym and have had the Westones in the past.  

My home headphone rig is abt as tricked out as you can get.  It sounds stellar, but I'm amazed at what you can get for your money these days in Audio Land. The balanced cable for the LCD 2s cost almost double the Dragonfly + Amperior combo.  I'm on the list for the upcoming Geek dac from the Light Harmonic guys.  It'll be interesting to see how this compares to the Dragonfly.

Sep 6, 2013 at 11:22 AM Post #355 of 1,054
I haven't been a fellow Canadian in decades, tragically, but I recall how hard it could be to get U.S. prices on gadgets in a country that dared support the arts -- I'm vicariously thrilled you located that silver morsel.

Sep 7, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #356 of 1,054
Yup, meant the Dragonfly.  I definitely see why people either love or hate these cans.  If you want an immediate, forward, dynamic sound, the Dragonfly + Amperior is an amazing deal.  I'll likely swap out the stock cable with something from Moon Audio to smooth things out a bit, while trying to maintain the same general sound.  Also, toying with the idea of some Westone 5s.  I've got the Shure 215s for the gym and have had the Westones in the past.  

My home headphone rig is abt as tricked out as you can get.  It sounds stellar, but I'm amazed at what you can get for your money these days in Audio Land. The balanced cable for the LCD 2s cost almost double the Dragonfly + Amperior combo.  I'm on the list for the upcoming Geek dac from the Light Harmonic guys.  It'll be interesting to see how this compares to the Dragonfly.

I have the 215s too. Seems like we have the same audio taste although you're a few years in the future. Because I want that LCD real bad. Have the he400 now and my socks just keep flying off to the point I have no more socks. Wondering what a higher level planar can do

Sep 7, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #357 of 1,054
These badboys went on sale here in Canada for $150 which I think is an absolute steal.

I was looking for a closed portable that had a similar sound signature to my px100-ii's but obviously regular price on these made them unattainable. So when they went on sale for $150 I had to jump on them seeing as how the HD-25-1 ii aren't readily available around here. These have not disappointed, they just make listening to music so fun.

Sep 10, 2013 at 11:38 PM Post #358 of 1,054
Pick these babies up at Best Buy for $150, woahh what a steal! My main headphone is HE500 but I am still very much enjoying them when pairing with my Ipod Classic. Exciting sound with forward mid, much more comfy then the HE500. Isolation is very good, as I live next to a busy traffic road, and its no longer a problem with the Amperior.

Sep 11, 2013 at 12:42 AM Post #359 of 1,054
  Pick these babies up at Best Buy for $150, woahh what a steal! My main headphone is HE500 but I am still very much enjoying them when pairing with my Ipod Classic. Exciting sound with forward mid, much more comfy then the HE500. Isolation is very good, as I live next to a busy traffic road, and its no longer a problem with the Amperior.

Whoa run don't walk to your nearest Canadian Best Bey.  Since they are sold out online, I would definitely grab a pair in store.  In the US they are $349 and not available in store.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back