Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Aug 26, 2013 at 11:21 PM Post #331 of 1,054
Quote:
Don't count on me but I have a feeling like suggesting TF10...

Not even close, hahaha!

Quote:
Is there any recommendation cable for Amperior?? I just got mine but I want to try maximize amperior's potential.

What I am looking for is Tighter and punchy bass + tight attack on snare drum!

Use a Torx T6 bit to remove the stock cable, flip the cups upside down, and build yourself a Blue Dragon HD6x0 cable to go in there.

Aug 27, 2013 at 10:52 PM Post #332 of 1,054
Awesome. These will probably replace my HD25 once I make a sale :)
Quote:
I have not heard the hd 25s in years, but Tyl at Inner Fidelity pointed out that the Amperior's highs are superior :)

I am really sensitive to highs that are peaky in the lower treble such as in the female vocal region and the Amperiors do not offend.

Aug 29, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #334 of 1,054
Can I just say, how emotive these headphones are? they just drip with emotional beauty, and while my other headphones (He-400) are superior in all technicalities, I have to compliment the Amperior! from all headphones I've heard, this emotive characteristic of the Amperior is only bested by the hd650. but still, good job sennheiser. 

Aug 30, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #335 of 1,054
Quote:
Can I just say, how emotive these headphones are? they just drip with emotional beauty, and while my other headphones (He-400) are superior in all technicalities, I have to compliment the Amperior! from all headphones I've heard, this emotive characteristic of the Amperior is only bested by the hd650. but still, good job sennheiser. 

x2 - they are indeed very involving and fun to listen to.

Aug 31, 2013 at 4:29 PM Post #336 of 1,054
I just got myself a new pair of blue a Amperiors...and I'm surprised. They are the best on ears I've ever heard! I was considering the hd-25 II but since the Amperiors had this crazy price drop after being discontinued I decided the extra cash was really worth it considering the lower impedance, aluminum cups, color, remote, etc. I am so happy with them. They are extremely comfortable, look great, and have a really exciting punchy sound. They make me want to listen to my favorite songs again and that is always a good sign.

Sep 1, 2013 at 5:56 AM Post #338 of 1,054
Sep 1, 2013 at 12:32 PM Post #340 of 1,054
Quote:

Are these two headphones below the same ?
http://en-uk.sennheiser.com/dj-headphone-over-ear-amperior-stereo
http://en-de.sennheiser.com/dj-headphones-stereo-hd-25-aluminum
I wanted to buy the Amperior and am getting a good deal on the HD 25 Aluminium. If they are the same then I will buy the HD 25 Aluminium.
Thanks

I am also deciding between the Amperior and the HD 25 Aluminum.  The Amperior has an impedance of 18 Ω making it easier to drive making it ideal for portable listening. It comes with a detachable smart remote with in-line mic, the cable length is 1.2 m. The HD 25 Aluminium has an impedance of 70 Ω and like the Amperior the metal ear cups minimize the resonances in the audible range, the cable length is 2 m.

Sep 1, 2013 at 8:54 PM Post #341 of 1,054
Quote:
Don't think so; the specs on the HD25 Aluminum say 70 ohms, and the Amperior drivers were 16 ohms.

Just because the impedance is different doesnt mean they wont sound similar... Theres no doubt the new Aluminium will have a similar sound to the Amperior being from the same family and all.

Sep 1, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #342 of 1,054
Considering the HD25 and the Amperior sound different from each other, I'd expect the HD25 Aluminum to sound different as well. Sure they might share a similar sound sig but the HD25 Aluminum, assuming they're using the same drivers of the HD25, will most likely sound closer to a more refined HD25 than Amperior. Looking forward to trying them as I preferred the HD25 to the Amperior.

Sep 3, 2013 at 7:31 AM Post #343 of 1,054
From what I understand, the HD25 Aluminium Edition uses the same driver as the HD25. Since a higher impedance driver should probably lead to less ringing (as per Tyll's measurements of all 3 versions of the DT880) I would expect ever so slightly better performance out of the Alu Ed. driver over the Amperior.

The HD25 also has different earpads from the Amperior and the HD25 - they are a pleather which is apparently more supple. So I would expect them to achieve a better acoustic seal.

I am really wanting to get my hands on an Alu Ed. just so I can decide whether to keep the Amperior or the Alu Ed. Then I will anodise the silver cups gunmetal :D

Sep 3, 2013 at 11:59 AM Post #345 of 1,054
Similar, sure, but not "pretty much the same." Remember this is Head-Fi, telling us that two headphones with different ohmage sound the same is like telling a wine connoiseur that two bottles using grapes grown in Italy and California taste "pretty much the same" just because they came from the same seeds.
Quote:

Just because the impedance is different doesnt mean they wont sound similar... Theres no doubt the new Aluminium will have a similar sound to the Amperior being from the same family and all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back