Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Feb 12, 2015 at 4:55 AM Post #856 of 1,054
Thank guys
I thought the momentum in ear sound similar to the momentum over/on..
Jvc are a pair of in ear that I would like to buy even for me!
What about the use in the office
Are not noisy?

The JVC don't isolate as good as others but they don't leak sound. 
They sound pretty amazing....

Cheers,
K

Feb 12, 2015 at 4:23 PM Post #858 of 1,054
i think vsonic gr07 be might even be better sounding than amperiors, many people compare them to hd600 sennheiser, so, but ofcourse she likes amperiors cause they sound better than momentum on or over ear. i listened to both and compared them to my amperior. i do find amperiors not very comfortable, but they are no more uncomfortable than apple earbuds which are pretty uncomfortable for longer use. ye amperiors are not very comfortable but not that uncomfortable. you might want to consider beyerdynamic t51p lachlan from lachlanlikesathing channel on youtube prefers them to amperiors in sound. and finds them a bit more comfortable than amperior headphones. but they are 50 euro more expensive than amperior headphones.

Feb 12, 2015 at 9:05 PM Post #859 of 1,054
I think they key to solving the Amperior's (or the HD25s' in general) comfort issues is the HD25 Aluminum's pads. They really look similar to the T51p's pads and might be more or less as soft.

Or you know, work out and grow ear muscles.

Feb 13, 2015 at 3:42 PM Post #860 of 1,054
  I think they key to solving the Amperior's (or the HD25s' in general) comfort issues is the HD25 Aluminum's pads. They really look similar to the T51p's pads and might be more or less as soft.

Or you know, work out and grow ear muscles.

where would one buy those hd25 aluminium earpads? they seem to be leather like just like on t51p, on ear headphones are not the most comfortable i find. cause to stay on head they need to press to your ears. over ear are a bit more comfortable cause they don't press on ears that much or at all. ofcours i mean true over ear headphone like hd700 or beats studio 2 but they are also bigger at the same time and are less portable. so i think it's a good compromise for me. althought i tend not to use them outside anymore kind of prefer not having any headphones for outside or i would use earphones when they get to me in post. so ye where would one get those hd25 aluminium earpads? cheers

Feb 13, 2015 at 7:07 PM Post #861 of 1,054
Sennheiser sells them on their site:

http://api.sennheiserusa.com/parts/find.php?product=505969 (US site, there's also a EU site)

They are a bit expensive though, it'll set you back $27.40 + shipping.

I've seen them on stock as well on B&H (asked a clerk in-store) but I can't find the link on their site.

Feb 21, 2015 at 8:18 PM Post #863 of 1,054
Am i the only one who thinks the hd25 sounds better and overall more detailed and well layered that the amperiors? I have both and i think that vocals and guitars sound much better and with more raw power on the hd25, listening to artic monkeys first 2 albums, biffy clyro and stuff like that is much more fun on the hd25's IMO.... the amperiors sound a bit more boring, less detailed and layered and overall although they are easier to drive and the bass is nice for edm, i prefer the bass on the hd25... its cleaner, tighter and overall the hd25 is much easier to eq than the amperiors....

Feb 22, 2015 at 1:59 AM Post #864 of 1,054
Am i the only one who thinks the hd25 sounds better and overall more detailed and well layered that the amperiors? I have both and i think that vocals and guitars sound much better and with more raw power on the hd25, listening to artic monkeys first 2 albums, biffy clyro and stuff like that is much more fun on the hd25's IMO.... the amperiors sound a bit more boring, less detailed and layered and overall although they are easier to drive and the bass is nice for edm, i prefer the bass on the hd25... its cleaner, tighter and overall the hd25 is much easier to eq than the amperiors....

Have you considered swapping the pads out? It might have been that the stock pads of the HD25 seal better than the Amperior's for your ears. I do find the Amperior's pads a bit stiff.

Feb 22, 2015 at 4:54 AM Post #865 of 1,054

I had the HD25 before and my experience is pretty much the opposite of yours - i.e. that the Amperior is clearer overall! I definitely find the bass cleaner and tighter on the Amperiors - I swapped back to a friend's HD25s just to compare again recently and the bass response seemed ever so slightly muddy by comparison. Maybe the use of plastic cups as opposed to aluminium is a factor (something Tyll touches on here, when comparing the two); I'd be interested to hear the HD25 Aluminiums.

Feb 22, 2015 at 12:56 PM Post #866 of 1,054
I had the HD25 before and my experience is pretty much the opposite of yours - i.e. that the Amperior is clearer overall! I definitely find the bass cleaner and tighter on the Amperiors - I swapped back to a friend's HD25s just to compare again recently and the bass response seemed ever so slightly muddy by comparison. Maybe the use of plastic cups as opposed to aluminium is a factor (something Tyll touches on here, when comparing the two); I'd be interested to hear the HD25 Aluminiums.

are they the same speakers? hd25 aluminium and hd25 standard edition?
at first when I got amperiors they were so different and not used to cause i was used to bass and not very detailed sound. now i really like them and the details is better than any headphone earphone that i listened to. I think when you start comparing them to other headphones earphones you start to really understand how detailed the audio is on them. I would like to get different earpads may be but now i am comparing them to zero audio tenore, I'm not ready to say anything which is better cause i only got tenore. I don't have hd25, but is hd25 the same speaker and just the aluminium driver cups are different and stock earpads? cheers

Feb 22, 2015 at 1:37 PM Post #867 of 1,054
are they the same speakers? hd25 aluminium and hd25 standard edition?
at first when I got amperiors they were so different and not used to cause i was used to bass and not very detailed sound. now i really like them and the details is better than any headphone earphone that i listened to. I think when you start comparing them to other headphones earphones you start to really understand how detailed the audio is on them. I would like to get different earpads may be but now i am comparing them to zero audio tenore, I'm not ready to say anything which is better cause i only got tenore. I don't have hd25, but is hd25 the same speaker and just the aluminium driver cups are different and stock earpads? cheers

Maybe it's cos I've never spent that long with really bass-heavy phones, but I've always felt the Amperiors have a good amount of bass slam. I agree with you though - it's the detail retrieval that draws me to them most as well (they're more detailed than any other portables I've tried to date). Couldn't say whether the HD25 standard and aluminium have the same drivers sorry - I'd be interested to know that too.

Feb 24, 2015 at 1:55 PM Post #869 of 1,054
Planning on getting the oyaide cable.. Do i need to also get the hd25 clamp set in order to use the cable?

For the amperior, yes. You need the clamp set.

Feb 27, 2015 at 8:21 PM Post #870 of 1,054
Just joined the amperior crew. Got em brand new for 173nzd (about 130usd) ******* stoked! They're my portable/at uni cans (have k7xx/he500 + desktop amp at home). They sound really impressive straight from my moto g. Found the highs initially were a little sibilant and still can be on certain tracks, but that's really in comparison to my at home open backs which isn't a fair comparison at all. Much more comfortable than my old pair of sr60i's and does well at my normal listening volume (which is quite low seemingly compared to the majority).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back