Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Dec 13, 2013 at 9:55 AM Post #496 of 1,054
How do you guys carry your Amperiors around? Awhile back I asked Sennheiser about a case and they had mentioned trying to find a camera bag. I use my Amperiors at work connected to a HiSoundAudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary and they just stay at my desk. Right now when taking them to work I have them enclosed in the bubble wrap bag(they were refurbs) that they can in, inside my backpack. My question is how do you guys transport them when not in use?

Dec 13, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #497 of 1,054
  How do you guys carry your Amperiors around? Awhile back I asked Sennheiser about a case and they had mentioned trying to find a camera bag. I use my Amperiors at work connected to a HiSoundAudio Studio V 3rd Anniversary and they just stay at my desk. Right now when taking them to work I have them enclosed in the bubble wrap bag(they were refurbs) that they can in, inside my backpack. My question is how do you guys transport them when not in use?

toss in my bag and go

Dec 16, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #499 of 1,054
Regarding recabling the Amperiors:

Does anyone know what the part # is for that little piece on the headband through which the cables run and that holds the earcup on? 

I want to flip the cups and try another cable (hanging down from both ears) so need that part to do so.  Having no idea what it would be called, I can't find it in the Sennheiser part catalog.  

Thanks.

Dec 16, 2013 at 9:32 PM Post #500 of 1,054
  Regarding recabling the Amperiors:

Does anyone know what the part # is for that little piece on the headband through which the cables run and that holds the earcup on? 

I want to flip the cups and try another cable (hanging down from both ears) so need that part to do so.  Having no idea what it would be called, I can't find it in the Sennheiser part catalog.  

Thanks.

Not sure about the part number but I think you are referring to this cable clamp.

http://customcans.co.uk/s/s/index.php/shop-for/hd-27/clamp-set-for-sennheiser-hd-25.html

Dec 17, 2013 at 9:50 AM Post #502 of 1,054
I have been wondering if "discontinued" also means no more spare parts? Not that I see it breaking anytime soon but you know.... The only thing I see that might go wrong eventually is where the cable meets that groove in the headband, like that corner. I find the headset cable quite useful.

The amperiors are always a suprise on clarity when coming back from any laid back set. I think the forward engaging sound is what you want on the go. I do fancy a pair of momentums though for more soundstage.

concerning a case I think the momentum on-ear version of the case would fit the amperiors, the hd25 aluminium also has that case I think.

Dec 17, 2013 at 9:52 AM Post #503 of 1,054
  I have been wondering if "discontinued" also means no more spare parts? Not that I see it breaking anytime soon but you know.... The only thing I see that might go wrong eventually is where the cable meets that groove in the headband, like that corner. I find the headset cable quite useful.

The amperiors are always a suprise on clarity when coming back from any laid back set. I think the forward engaging sound is what you want on the go. I do fancy a pair of momentums though for more soundstage.

concerning a case I think the momentum on-ear version of the case would fit the amperiors, the hd25 aluminium also has that case I think.

I wouldn't worry about spare parts.  It seems like all the HD-25 stuff will work with it 
biggrin.gif

Dec 19, 2013 at 4:55 PM Post #504 of 1,054
Not sure if its been covered here but I just ordered the blue colored ones; is the aluminum anodized or painted? if they are anodized I might just throw them in a coffee can with some oven cleaner removing the blue color and bring them to silver & then polish and clear spray them. 

I emailed Sennheiser but I figured someone here might know as well. 

Dec 19, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #505 of 1,054
  Not sure if its been covered here but I just ordered the blue colored ones; is the aluminum anodized or painted? if they are anodized I might just throw them in a coffee can with some oven cleaner removing the blue color and bring them to silver & then polish and clear spray them. 

I emailed Sennheiser but I figured someone here might know as well. 

It's anodised :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MfxjXvQOHFg

Dec 27, 2013 at 2:11 AM Post #509 of 1,054
Agreed. Looks way better and feels way better. I don't think a shortened stock cable can be bought through any shops. Had mine DIY-ed by member warrior05 but that was years ago. If you're a little handy with a soldering iron you can build one yourself. Had it been me I would start searching or asking around in the DIY forum or even the Cables, Speakers, Tweaks, Accessories forum.

Dec 27, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #510 of 1,054

toss in my bag and go

Pretty much that. I do carry them in a thin nylon-like bag inside my backpack to prevent unnecessary crap like whatever food or drinks may spill. A small effort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back