Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Nov 23, 2013 at 6:36 PM Post #451 of 1,054
I bought the Amperiors for $168.44 in Canadian dollars at BestBuy a few days ago when they're on sale. I gotta admit, they're worth the money in a long-run and it actually sounds better than the HD-25's imo.

Nov 24, 2013 at 1:05 AM Post #452 of 1,054
Another user posted this in the deals thread but you can pick up the silver Amperiors from Newegg for $130 - 10% off using code 
MBLNOV24 at checkout (expires tomorrow 11/24 at 11:59PM).​

http://promotions.newegg.com/nepro/13-5719/index.html?SID=2OB4MFTNEeOkqNpHTkpJrQAlC3_CYjo3_0_0_0&AID=10440897&PID=1225267&nm_mc=AFC-C8Junction&cm_mmc=AFC-C8Junction-_-cables-_-na-_-na&cm_sp=

You have to use the mobile website (aka smartphone/tablet) to get it to work but I was able to get it to work on my computer using the User Agent Switcher Add-on app on Google Chrome after a few tries (website was being finicky at first).​

I actually picked up the blue Amperiors a few days ago from VMinnovations for $155 and was so impressed that I decided to get another silver pair as backups.  Came out to $125 shipped after California tax.

Nov 25, 2013 at 8:15 PM Post #453 of 1,054
  From what I understand, the HD25 Aluminium Edition uses the same driver as the HD25. Since a higher impedance driver should probably lead to less ringing (as per Tyll's measurements of all 3 versions of the DT880) I would expect ever so slightly better performance out of the Alu Ed. driver over the Amperior.

The HD25 also has different earpads from the Amperior and the HD25 - they are a pleather which is apparently more supple. So I would expect them to achieve a better acoustic seal.

I am really wanting to get my hands on an Alu Ed. just so I can decide whether to keep the Amperior or the Alu Ed. Then I will anodise the silver cups gunmetal :D

I want to do this too but the anodizing company asked if they were already anodized. I assumed that they weren't because it isn't as obvious as the blue ones. Does anyone know if the silver is anodized or if it just straight aluminum?

I will call the guy and  update him to see if it can still be done. BTW, if anyone is in the Anaheim area I found a guy that will do it for $15 off the books. 

Thanks!

Nov 26, 2013 at 4:31 PM Post #454 of 1,054
I just got my Amperior and i looove it:)

This is truly legendary.. Blowing up my mind!!

One question,

Has anyone changed cable on Amperior

with a cable clamp set from HD25?

I have a Oyaide cable and realized i need a clamp set to

get this done..

I see some people talked about it but i don't see anyone

who actually posted after doing it themselves.

So does the cable clamp set fit on Amperior?

Nov 26, 2013 at 5:13 PM Post #455 of 1,054
I just got my Amperior and i looove it:)

This is truly legendary.. Blowing up my mind!!

One question,

Has anyone changed cable on Amperior

with a cable clamp set from HD25?

I have a Oyaide cable and realized i need a clamp set to

get this done..

I see some people talked about it but i don't see anyone

who actually posted after doing it themselves.

So does the cable clamp set fit on Amperior?

I have changed the cable on my amperiors and the cable clamp fits it perfectly. Nothing to worry about.

Nov 26, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #457 of 1,054
  I have changed the cable on my amperiors and the cable clamp fits it perfectly. Nothing to worry about.

Edit nevermind. Does anybody know where I can buy a clamp set in the U.S.A.?

I'll looked through Sennheiser's parts store, but not listed under HD-25 for some reason... Should I just call them up?

Nov 26, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #458 of 1,054
I live in Canada but i ordered that clamp set from http://spares.sennheiser.co.uk/pro-audio-headphones/hd-25-sp-ii/hd25-cable-clamp-set.html

I took a look at other websites too but they are over priced... It is like $2 but the shipping cost was like $10. Why dont you order something else with a clamp set so that you can make the beat out of shipping cost like i did?

I hope it helped:)

Nov 27, 2013 at 12:06 AM Post #459 of 1,054
Normally I wouldn't bother with this kind of thing for a portable can, but the Amperiors are worth it. I'm rocking out on these tonight with the X3. So good, OMG.

My LCD-2/HE-500 are watching me thinking What? You're home now son you need to put us on... LOL.
biggrin.gif

Nov 28, 2013 at 5:59 PM Post #462 of 1,054
I switched out that crappy extension cable for some cables that came with my Shure SE530. Much better now. Sound improvements? Questionable. But I like what I hear. It didn't effect it negatively at least.

Nov 29, 2013 at 3:55 PM Post #463 of 1,054
I switched out the thin oem cable with the shure se530 cable too. I find the cable thickness a nice length and diameter for the amperiors. I've been using the combination (amperior with se530 cable) for a month and find that the se530 cable went intermittent on me. Is it the amperior doing all the damage to the cables?? I take great care of my headphones and I never had such a problem before. I'm waiting on replacement cables to come in from Sennheiser canada so I hope the new cables can at least last a lot longer than a few months.

Dec 1, 2013 at 1:09 AM Post #464 of 1,054
Hey guys taking advantage of the Amazon deal on the Westone 3s, I'm curious to know if their sound signature similar to the Amperiors? I love that extra thumpy bass especially while on the bart/train, etc. Would you recommend it? I have no experience with IEMs.. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back