Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Nov 2, 2013 at 8:45 AM Post #421 of 1,054
Why are you asking for the silvers only?
I've done it with my blue ones.

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:01 AM Post #424 of 1,054
Well, I actually have two pairs and i've done it on every single cup, but it wasn't as easy as just pushing the cup away from the drver with my hands. When you take the earpads of, do you see the little hole located at the right of the drivers? I have to stick something in it and push it in so that you can get it under the plastic housing, after that just move it all around the earcup so that you hear the housing popping as it gets unlocked from the cups, only then I can take them apart with my hands.

Nov 2, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #425 of 1,054
  I haven't been following - what mod are you planning to apply after you release the drivers?

Thanks,

Mike

Swap the Amperior drivers with HD25-13 ones :) currently not really looking at blue tak or acoustic foam mods

Well, I actually have two pairs and i've done it on every single cup, but it wasn't as easy as just pushing the cup away from the drver with my hands. When you take the earpads of, do you see the little hole located at the right of the drivers? I have to stick something in it and push it in so that you can get it under the plastic housing, after that just move it all around the earcup so that you hear the housing popping as it gets unlocked from the cups, only then I can take them apart with my hands.

Thank you for this tip. I am away from home so can't try it now. As soon as I am back will try this method on the silver

Nov 4, 2013 at 9:05 PM Post #426 of 1,054

Could you perhaps post a picture which hole you mean? I see different holes in the driver... Also what do you use to push ? A paperclip?

Nov 5, 2013 at 12:57 PM Post #427 of 1,054
I used the thing you find in the middle of the nail cutter lol, but be careful by using metal against metal cause you might scratch the side of the cup with it.

By the way, is anyone looking to get an Amperior in blue?
I have two pairs, and only have the need for one.
I'm interested in $ or trades for a vmoda m100 (I add $).

Nov 10, 2013 at 10:56 AM Post #428 of 1,054
After a couple of weeks of listening to the Amperior's, I'm truly impressed by the sound. They were absolutely dull out of the box, but they've livened up and so I'm glad I'll be keeping them. I initially compared them to my Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro's, my only other closed headphones. The Beyer's have more soundstage, which I attribute, at least in part, to their circumaural design. And there is the possibility of more bass in the Beyer's thanks to the very effective bass slider. However, the Senn's have richer mids, more resolution and better instrument separation, especially apparent in the highs. In those aspects, they're closer to my DT880s. In fact, they're exactly what I was hoping they would be: a compact and sturdy portable with good isolation and without sacrificing much in sound quality.

Nov 11, 2013 at 10:38 PM Post #429 of 1,054
Just got my Amperiors today.  The cable is kinda wonky to me as is the headband.  Soundwise I'm enjoying them.  Definitely more treble and mid forward than my M-100's.  Mid-bass seems to hit harder, sometimes too hard.  These are definitely a fun set of cans.  Am suprised that they are going at such a great discount.

Nov 12, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #430 of 1,054
Can't wait to get mine; hopefully this week! 
basshead.gif

Nov 12, 2013 at 1:10 AM Post #431 of 1,054
  Just got my Amperiors today.  The cable is kinda wonky to me as is the headband.  Soundwise I'm enjoying them.  Definitely more treble and mid forward than my M-100's.  Mid-bass seems to hit harder, sometimes too hard.  These are definitely a fun set of cans.  Am suprised that they are going at such a great discount.

I just bought some m100s to compare, which ones are you liking better so far?
And what genres do you listen to?

Nov 12, 2013 at 6:23 AM Post #434 of 1,054
I just bought some m100s to compare, which ones are you liking better so far?

And what genres do you listen to?

Lots of pop, jpop, classical and jazz. What I'm finding is that the Amperiors are very finicky with their source material. When I stream MOG on my phone with the Amperior the trebles get too sibilant. The M-100s don't have this problem as they are a more forgiving HP IMHO. That being said, I really like the Amperiors when I played ALAC material w/ the VAMP VERZA. With certain tracks the M-100s and Amperiors can sound very similar.

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:36 AM Post #435 of 1,054
What I'm finding is that the Amperiors are very finicky with their source material. When I stream MOG on my phone with the Amperior the trebles get too sibilant. The M-100s don't have this problem as they are a more forgiving HP IMHO. 

So much this. If you get a second, pull up the Sixto Rodriguez track "Cause" from "Coming from Reality" - the Amperior makes this track borderline unlistenable. I pretty much have to pull out my M-100's to listen to that album.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back