Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Oct 27, 2015 at 2:04 PM Post #947 of 1,054

Cheers,
K

Its very strange, most will say compared to the HD25, the Amperior is a more aggressive headphone with less bass and sharper treble, but the graphs simply don't show this to be true.

Maybe this is due to the fact most people are listening to the Amperior with velour pads rather than the HD25's pleathers?.

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #948 of 1,054
  Its very strange, most will say compared to the HD25, the Amperior is a more aggressive headphone with less bass and sharper treble, but the graphs simply don't show this to be true.

Maybe this is due to the fact most people are listening to the Amperior with velour pads rather than the HD25's pleathers? Innerfidelity's graphs do show the HD25's have more sub-bass than the Amperior, somehow.

i also found this weird too, but in the end of the day, this is what i hear. it definitley has sharper treble and less bass. 

Oct 27, 2015 at 2:53 PM Post #949 of 1,054
Well what pads are you using for your HD25? Looking at innerfidelity's graphs again, the amperior does have a wider treble peak, though it isn't as high.

Oct 27, 2015 at 3:00 PM Post #950 of 1,054
I actually hear bass, treble, and midrange as quite well balanced with the Amps. For my daily driver this week I've gone back to the vanilla HD25, and for me It's not quite as an engrossing and exciting listen as the Amp. There's not much to call between the two, but there's a certain je ne sais quoi with the Amps that the HD25 doesn't have.

I guess I'm going to have to hunt out and buy the HD25 Alu now. Damn it - you guys cost me money :D

Oct 27, 2015 at 3:09 PM Post #951 of 1,054
I actually hear bass, treble, and midrange as quite well balanced with the Amps. For my daily driver this week I've gone back to the vanilla HD25, and for me It's not quite as an engrossing and exciting listen as the Amp. There's not much to call between the two, but there's a certain je ne sais quoi with the Amps that the HD25 doesn't have.

I guess I'm going to have to hunt out and buy the HD25 Alu now. Damn it - you guys cost me money
biggrin.gif

switch amperior drivers with hd25 - won't that give you hd25 aluminium?

Oct 27, 2015 at 3:15 PM Post #952 of 1,054

Maybe this is due to the fact most people are listening to the Amperior with velour pads rather than the HD25's pleathers?.

My hd25-1 are quite old. We might all be correct in what we hear. Take a look at the three (3) hd25-1 versions Tyll measured. There is some difference going on that could explain why we all hear them so different.

Cheers,
K

Oct 27, 2015 at 4:10 PM Post #953 of 1,054

i think they have different drivers also pads are different.

there's a certain je ne sais quoi with the Amps that the HD25 doesn't have.

may be its more resolution and airness. but i'm afraid to repurchase them again because i had ear fatigue with them. may be if i keep them as casual listen it would ok. i dont know. and i already have fidue a73 for detail. now im looking for something with better bass.

you guys cost me money :D

your welcome

My hd25-1 are quite old. We might all be correct in what we hear. Take a look at the three (3) hd25-1 versions Tyll measured. There is some difference going on that could explain why we all hear them so different.

Cheers,
K

could be, i listened to a new hd25 last week, the guy had a brand new hd25 has lots of bass. but older hd25 i listened dont have this prominent bass. and mids and highs seemed superb to me on new

i think they have different drivers also pads are different.

there's a certain je ne sais quoi with the Amps that the HD25 doesn't have.

may be its more resolution and airness. but i'm afraid to repurchase them again because i had ear fatigue with them. may be if i keep them as casual listen it would ok. i dont know. and i already have fidue a73 for detail. now im looking for something with better bass.

you guys cost me money :D

your welcome

Cheers,
K

could be, i listened to a new hd25 last week, the guy had a brand new hd25 has lots of bass. but older hd25 i listened dont have this prominent bass. and mids and highs seemed superb to me on new

this guy seem to confirm you get less bass with velour pads vs pleather pads.

[VIDEO]http://youtu.be/qjwptZ2Bcd0[/VIDEO]

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:21 PM Post #954 of 1,054
Wow, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybB0ZBNtw-g

makes the HD25 sound outright terrible compared to the DT1350 which I passed up. Sure the DT1350 sounds "creamy" but the HD25 sounds insanely sibilant.

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:34 PM Post #955 of 1,054
Well, I've always like their attempt to try to sample headphones' sound signature, but it's ultimately flawed. You pretty much need a logarithmically flat headphones or speakers. And that's just for the general signature.

Oct 28, 2015 at 11:41 PM Post #956 of 1,054
  Well, I've always like their attempt to try to sample headphones' sound signature, but it's ultimately flawed. You pretty much need a logarithmically flat headphones or speakers. And that's just for the general signature.

In theory it helps you sample sound signatures in comparison to your own. Btw my Amperiors are on the way but I'm having second throughts, how do you guys compare it to the HD 280 and HD 380? Keep in mind that I think the KSC 75 has the perfect sound signature, and according to Goldenears it has very linear treble, not really recessed in any way though never pronounced.

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:03 AM Post #957 of 1,054
  In theory it helps you sample sound signatures in comparison to your own. Btw my Amperiors are on the way but I'm having second throughts, how do you guys compare it to the HD 280 and HD 380? Keep in mind that I think the KSC 75 has the perfect sound signature, and according to Goldenears it has very linear treble, not really recessed in any way though never pronounced.

You seem to have some brighter phones in your sig (ie ad900x, gr07be, B3's). I have those as well, and if you don't have any issues with their highs, I don't think you will with the Amperiors. Correction: I had the gr07be's, but sold them because they were too sibilant for me.

Thanks for mentioning the ksc75's.. it prompted me to throw them on. Amazing SQ for the price - love them. Having said that, the Amperiors are at a different level imo. Way more dynamic, engaging and impactful. The amperiors for me (at the $100 price I paid for them) are ridiculously good, just like the ksc75's were for their price.

Anyway, I'll be interested in hearing your impressions once you get them!

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:05 AM Post #958 of 1,054
I have personal hatred towards the HD280. Probably the worst of the classic "studio monitor" headphones (7506/V6, M50, DT770).
Haven't really heard the KSC75 (closest thing I can relate to is the PortaPros), but this might help you:

So pretty much tad more mid- to sub-bass, less 5-6kHz, and probably less grainy treble.

Well, if you think the KSC75 is perfect for your ears then you might not need another pair of headphones.
The KSC75 said to rival $600+ headphones and pretty much makes this hobby pointless (just take a look at the KSC75 thread).

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:23 AM Post #959 of 1,054
Wow, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ybB0ZBNtw-g

makes the HD25 sound outright terrible compared to the DT1350 which I passed up. Sure the DT1350 sounds "creamy" but the HD25 sounds insanely sibilant.

I just listened to this with my HD25-1 re is no sibilants (the parts where they don't emulate anything). The HD25 does sound nothing like what they claim there, sorry.

Cheers,
K

Oct 29, 2015 at 12:28 AM Post #960 of 1,054
I just listened to this with my HD25-1 re is no sibilants (the parts where they don't emulate anything). The HD25 does sound nothing like what they claim there, sorry.

Cheers,
K

Good point. I did the same with my amperiors, and no sibilance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back