Sennheiser Amperior Impressions Thread
Oct 25, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #931 of 1,054
Personally I don't find the midrange recessed, certainly in comparison with the HD25. While it may be true that the higher treble level of the Amp may appear to push the midrange into the background it's not something that I hear, in fact I find the midrange quite sweet and balanced with everything else that's going on.

One thing that I forgot to mention in my previous post is that the Amps seem to give an impression of space, far more than any of my other closed HPs, DT1350 included. They seem to get outside of my head rather than just create an in head experience. It's subtle but definitely noticable. The only other closed HPs that I have that seem to be able to do this are the Momentums, but they have a number of other problems as far as I'm concerened, which means they don't make the grade for me. Yes, I own the original Momentums as well, but they were a disappointing purchase.

Oct 25, 2015 at 2:15 PM Post #932 of 1,054
alright i see. that playlist is actually songs that were on my playlist but i deleted to save space on iphone and i aded these songs to youtube playlist so i can find them when i want to. cause sometimes i readd songs to playlist on my iphone cause i might start like it again. cause sometimes you get bored of a song after listening to it a few times, so i delete those from iphone and add them to youtube playlist. to save space on iphone and so i can find those later. and its also good to know what songs i liked before. i dont even know what kind of music genre i like cause i only pick songs i like and it could be from any genre. i asked a few times what kind of genre it is and no one ever said what genre it is. the closest music gets to metal is nickelback photograph, we all want to be superstars, some songs by avril, and one song cool for the summer dami lovato. the closest music jenre i can think it is is dance music.

ofcourse technology and detail wise amperiors are probably a bit better than hd25, but i prefer a bit more bass though!! my favorite headphone right now is denon d400 with smsl sap-5 bass amp. but i want something for detail, but i also want good bass, and no sibilance and not ressesed mids. and i think hd25 is the one cause i think it has everything equally done bass is good, mids are superb, and high frequency is also good, a bit too extended actually also airy, you can feel the same tech in it but better bass. i want a headphone just for clarity but with good bass not ressesed mids and good uppper. and i have a dac here 100 ohm which is a bitch to use on lower impedance headphones cause it doesnt adjust gradually, and you can use hd25 with iphone too. most dacs and amps tend to be more powerful than iphones androids.

do you know good deals on hd25

most of the music you listed there is mainly hip hop, not quite dance music, almost.

as for the hd25, when i bought the amperior i also looked around for the hd25 and was not able to find a good deal on them. I can't even find them refurbished, the cheapest i saw them was about 125$ on ebay in almost new condition (they looked new, barely used, second hand) but that was after i had bought amperior.

i might recommend waiting for black friday in 1 month, they might be on sale, there are usually many items in sale.

Oct 25, 2015 at 8:38 PM Post #933 of 1,054
i would say the are both descent

Oct 26, 2015 at 12:31 AM Post #934 of 1,054
Personally I don't find the midrange recessed, certainly in comparison with the HD25. While it may be true that the higher treble level of the Amp may appear to push the midrange into the background it's not something that I hear, in fact I find the midrange quite sweet and balanced with everything else that's going on.

One thing that I forgot to mention in my previous post is that the Amps seem to give an impression of space, far more than any of my other closed HPs, DT1350 included. They seem to get outside of my head rather than just create an in head experience. It's subtle but definitely noticable. The only other closed HPs that I have that seem to be able to do this are the Momentums, but they have a number of other problems as far as I'm concerened, which means they don't make the grade for me. Yes, I own the original Momentums as well, but they were a disappointing purchase.

to me on many songs, the vocals feel they are behind the instruments, while with the hd25 they are singing together with them. They feel upright and close to my ear. Im curious more about vocals specifically, do you feel this way, or not at all?
i will probably eq them soon, never done it before though.

Oct 26, 2015 at 1:18 AM Post #935 of 1,054
Interesting. I don't find the amperiors fatiuging at all, and I'm somewhat sensitive to highs.

Oct 26, 2015 at 12:35 PM Post #937 of 1,054
i dont know if hd25 pads on amperiors would make bass the same. can anyone confirm this?

i have fidue a73 which sounds fantastic, sometimes i wonder how it would compare to amperiors if i had them. but i like having small earphones and nothing pressing on pina ears and not having a largeish headphone, well its large compared to a73 earphones. the only thing that isnt comfortable on it is the cable behind ears that you always feel but other than that they are more comfartable than amperiors that squish on ears to stay on. and the beadband made my hair stand up lol

Oct 26, 2015 at 11:12 PM Post #938 of 1,054
i dont know if hd25 pads on amperiors would make bass the same. can anyone confirm this?

There's a difference. Mostly having a bit more bass overall. The sub is increased, but not something you'll even notice when used outside.

Best thing it really offers for me is a better seal, which might explain what I said above.

Oct 26, 2015 at 11:22 PM Post #939 of 1,054

i have fidue a73 which sounds fantastic, sometimes i wonder how it would compare to amperiors if i had them. but i like having small earphones and nothing pressing on pina ears and not having a largeish headphone, well its large compared to a73 earphones. the only thing that isnt comfortable on it is the cable behind ears that you always feel but other than that they are more comfartable than amperiors that squish on ears to stay on. and the beadband made my hair stand up lol

I have them both, HD25 and Amperior and the Amperior has definitively more bass with the pleather pads. More bass than with the velour and more bass than the HD25.

Cheers,
K

Oct 27, 2015 at 12:29 AM Post #940 of 1,054
I have them both, HD25 and Amperior and the Amperior has definitively more bass with the pleather pads. More bass than with the velour and more bass than the HD25.

Cheers,
K

Hmm. I really love the Amperiors SQ with their velour pads, but I'm very tempted to try them also with the pleathers. 

Hmm, expensive little buggers ain't they..
http://www.amazon.ca/Genuine-Replacement-Cushions-SENNHEISER-Headphones/dp/B008JEU3RE/ref=sr_1_fkmr0_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1445920132&sr=8-1-fkmr0&keywords=hd25+pleather+pads

Oct 27, 2015 at 3:31 AM Post #942 of 1,054
Has any one here considered the vmoda M80/XS over the amperior/hd25 at any point? If so, why did they choose the amperiors over them? I think that in detail and clarity the sennheisers are a bit better but the m80 offers other things such as smoothness
i know they have rolled off highs and sound smooth, so they also be good for me, seeing as im sensitive to the amperiors treble.
also, is it safe to assume that grado headphones are not for me if i find the amperiors treble too much?

Oct 27, 2015 at 7:14 AM Post #943 of 1,054

Cheers,
K

more bass than hd25, i want more people confirming this.

Demius you have bothe headphones, why dont you swop out the pads and tell us how it sounds? salu

Oct 27, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #944 of 1,054
more bass than hd25, i want more people confirming this.

Demius you have bothe headphones, why dont you swop out the pads and tell us how it sounds? salu

To my ears the Amperior has more bass, but not a LOT more, but you can hear it. I also think it's a tiny bit loose, but with my music, I like it.

My two portable Senns:

Review to read:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/704613/review-sennheiser-hd25-1-ii-vs-sennheiser-amperior-comparison-review

And the specs seem to confirm what people hear too:

Cheers,
K

Oct 27, 2015 at 9:18 AM Post #945 of 1,054

Users who are viewing this thread

Back