Senn HD 280 vs. Audio Technica ath-m50
Jul 25, 2008 at 1:37 AM Post #2 of 25
I haven't heard those ATs, but it might help if you said what you're looking for from them.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 25, 2008 at 9:10 AM Post #3 of 25
well, ive heard the hd 280s forwards and backwords, as ive used them to mix at a church, but i have not owned a pair of 280s, mostly the 64 ohms turned me down, thats just high enough to justify buying a headphone amp if i did buy the 280s so i could use them with my mp3 player and whatever else happened to be underpowered

however, that AT pair is like 36 ohms, i mostly used the 280s as a reference, since their the most accurate headphones ive heard, id rather pay ~115 or so for the AT pair then pay ~170 or more for the 280s + amp

hope that helps

Nov 18, 2008 at 7:28 PM Post #4 of 25
Sennheiser 280 Pro lacks the bass

Nov 18, 2008 at 9:19 PM Post #6 of 25
The 280s do not need an amp. I powered them quite capably out of my bloody slow laptop's headphone port for the longest time and they sounded fine. All they need is a bit of EQ to make them enjoyable for music, that's all.

And they do not lack bass. There bass is merely overpowered by those omnipresent and honky mids. Recess the mids a tad and they have the best bass (IMO) of any phones in their price range.

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:03 AM Post #10 of 25
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1Time /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The HD280 won't come close to the M50, which sells for ~$110 shipped in the U.S.

Thank you buddy I certainly do hope you were right. Cause I heard good things about the HD280 PRO.

But I heard they do lack bass.

So I am going by your words and I have now officially ordered the ATH-M50.

I hope I won't disappointed now.
smily_headphones1.gif
L3000.gif

Ok so they will go to my skybox in Miami within 7 days I believe and they shall land home by me within 5 days.

So I shall receive them approx 1st December
smily_headphones1.gif

Ok so its done ATH-M50 purchased no turning back now
smily_headphones1.gif

I paid $130 USD for them on Amazon though. But small thing I guess I sure they are brand new and original.

I guessed it was best I listened to your advice and if you say the M50 is miles ahead of the 280 PRO then I am gonna go with what you say. Plus the M50 seems better the headband is metal and it looks much better overall.

I hope they block out as much noise as possible to.

Mind you this $130 US headphone gonna ultimately cost me $1300TT when it lands. lol

Nov 19, 2008 at 9:19 AM Post #14 of 25
Nah dont worry I cannot sacrifice the bass for blocking out sound. lol

Besides I heard the HD 280 is kinda uncomfortable and the head band breaks.

I do not need them to block out all the sound once they block out enough.

And I am not willing to sacrifice the bass for isolation.

BTW will you say they will block out a great deal more noise than the HD555?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back