Sell Beat Pros and do what?
Jan 2, 2012 at 2:53 AM Post #46 of 68
A lot of you seem to be underestimating the Beats Pros - they're really not that bad.

Just to clarify, didn't the OP say he wanted something that didn't isolate well, and was light...?  I'd rule the HD-25 out just from that, though they do sound pretty excellent (never really compared them to the Beats before though, since I've only listened to both of them for a very short period of time).  I'm not really sure about the Denons though, are they much lighter than the Beats?  I looked up the datasheet for the D2000 and they weigh 350g...not sure where to find the weight of the Beats though.

The Denons would be even worse than the Beats for using outside though, since they are not designed to be portable in any way, shape or form.  Probably not recommended if you want to use them outside much at all.

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:56 AM Post #47 of 68

Quote:
A lot of you seem to be underestimating the Beats Pros - they're really not that bad.

Just to clarify, didn't the OP say he wanted something that didn't isolate well, and was light...?  I'd rule the HD-25 out just from that, though they do sound pretty excellent (never really compared them to the Beats before though, since I've only listened to both of them for a very short period of time).  I'm not really sure about the Denons though, are they much lighter than the Beats?  I looked up the datasheet for the D2000 and they weigh 350g...not sure where to find the weight of the Beats though.

The Denons would be even worse than the Beats for using outside though, since they are not designed to be portable in any way, shape or form.  Probably not recommended if you want to use them outside much at all.

The Beats Pro's aren't that bad headphones use. an extremely well built body. Dual connectors. Easy to drive. Very high quality. Not as muddy......yes...good... $500 after tax good...... ?
oo btw that wasn't some attack or sounding mean. i was making fun of beats,  not at you or anythig

Jan 2, 2012 at 3:18 AM Post #48 of 68

Quote:
The Beats Pro's aren't that bad headphones use. an extremely well built body. Dual connectors. Easy to drive. Very high quality. Not as muddy......yes...good... $500 after tax good...... ?
oo btw that wasn't some attack or sounding mean. i was making fun of beats,  not at you or anythig

Of course, they are way overpriced.  But he already has them, so that is beside the point!

Jan 2, 2012 at 3:20 AM Post #49 of 68

Quote:
Of course, they are way overpriced.  But he already has them, so that is beside the point!

..that is a good point..i forgot about that.wow..u are da bomb. (pun intended) 
Selling them and getting ...HD650 or AHD2000. if he could live with a heavy beats pro. he can live with a AHD2K no?

Jan 2, 2012 at 10:57 AM Post #54 of 68
If i were you, I would definitely go for the ATH-M50s their great for most genres, and very comfortable. But, you will still have the problem of not being able to hear whats going on around you.
-NOwl

Jan 2, 2012 at 6:06 PM Post #56 of 68
The M50 is nowhere near the value it used to be. If you want a bassy can, the HFI-580 does a better job for less. If you want a monitor, KRK does it better for less.

Jan 3, 2012 at 3:27 PM Post #58 of 68
Just an update - managed to find Grado SR325is selling for £200 - which is around 280$ - very cheap considering the cheapest online is £325. Brand new as well boxed with the receipt. 

I'm hoping to now sell my beats and then use the cash to buy a good set of speakers or an amp. Thanks for the help guys, pictures will follow.

Jan 3, 2012 at 3:29 PM Post #59 of 68
Also I don't mind headphones with little bass, just nice crisp notes as I listen to a lot of acoustic and recorded music. RnB also which I'd mainly prefer to hear the beat crisp and smooth as opposed to overpowered bass which I don't like - if I'm honest I only got the pros as I got them from a official distributor on a misprice which meant I paid around 150$ for them.

Cant wait for my SR325is :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back