Sell Beat Pros and do what?
Jan 1, 2012 at 8:56 PM Post #32 of 68

Quote:
How about the Shure srh840? 

won't work. When we get Beats or bass people come over. Shure is the last company you recommend. Shure's are not bass heavy. im sorry if it seems like i'm attacking u. im not..or trying not too. i've just seen about 5 posts on recommending shure's to bass lovers.

Jan 1, 2012 at 9:34 PM Post #33 of 68
May be a junior headfier but im not an hi-fi noob
just registered today, bringing you some of my engineering wisdom.

closed, bassy, cheaper:

AT 50s

For any tweaks i need i use an eq

Jan 2, 2012 at 12:26 AM Post #35 of 68

Quote:
Avoid M50s

I wouldn't say avoid per see but there are some problems now. they are not as recommended as before.
the new batch have some quality problems. not to mention. the HFI 580's have just take it's place. it might justbe me but i see the 580's being recommended EVERYWHERE now

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:00 AM Post #36 of 68
Quote:
yes u can. junior head fi'ers these days.
He is looking for a beats alternative that sounds better. Criteria:Closed, Bassy, cheaper.
Grado is for rock and it's hard to wear them out.

I'm not really trying to get involved in this whole thread about what he should and should not buy, but in the last 100 posts I've read from you, all you do is talk about post count as if it's meaningful when I'd say about 80% of what I've seen you post is simply repeating what has been said all over the topic. You simply regurgitate and boost your post count as if it's important or an indication of one's knowledge. Although I know this plea will go unheard because I have like 6 posts and that's important to you, please stop, even if just for the children.

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:08 AM Post #37 of 68

Quote:
I'm not really trying to get involved in this whole thread about what he should and should not buy, but in the last 100 posts I've read from you, all you do is talk about post count as if it's meaningful when I'd say about 80% of what I've seen you post is simply repeating what has been said all over the topic. You simply regurgitate and boost your post count as if it's important or an indication of one's knowledge. Although I know this plea will go unheard because I have like 6 posts and that's important to you, please stop, even if just for the children.

100 posts? wow. i have a fan :) I don't regurgiate. i add to teh discussion. some of my posts are adding support for a headphone that was previously voted for so the OP knows that other head fi'er support it also.

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:14 AM Post #38 of 68
I would take a look at the ATH-PRO700 MK2 if you want some powerful bass. M-80 sounds good too, is comfortable, more portable overall and have just the right amount of isolation for home use. Also take a look at the CAL! - great sq for a low price and definitely not as isolating as the other two. The most comfortable of all is the CAL!. 

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:16 AM Post #39 of 68

Quote:
I would take a look at the ATH-PRO700 MK2 if you want some powerful bass which you can take on the go. It has more bass than the M50s.

The M50s, HD25s, and the M-80s are great choices, but if you're looking for bigger/more bass, the PRO700 MK2 is worth a try IMHO. 

:) Ahh that's what i forgot about. Those :) i saw them in a reviwe a while back but couldnt' remember what they were called

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:21 AM Post #40 of 68
Yep the only thing about the PRO700 MK2 is that I am not sure how much they isolate so I cannot vouch for that. But they are indeed a basshead can and seem like one of the better alternatives coming from Beats.  

Jan 2, 2012 at 1:36 AM Post #41 of 68

Quote:
Yep the only thing about the PRO700 MK2 is that I am not sure how much they isolate so I cannot vouch for that. But they are indeed a basshead can and seem like one of the better alternatives coming from Beats.  

the only thing about that is
http://www.head-fi.org/t/556509/review-battle-of-the-entry-level-rivals-ultrasone-hfi-580-vs-audio-technica-m50-vs-pro700-mk2
t
his was one of the deciding factors of my ultrasone purchase

The Ultrasone has since (as u can see) replaced the M50 to be a very suggested bassy "audiophile" bass can, more so than the muddier pro 700mk2

but this brings me back to my initial point. most consumer's don't like audiophile bass

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:13 AM Post #42 of 68
Jan 2, 2012 at 2:25 AM Post #43 of 68

Quote:
I think you forgot Ultrasone HFI580/680

We didn't, look back a page. i suggested it. not the 680's. From what I heard and the specs. It's only the 580/780 that should be offered. the 580's use 50mm mylar drivers for the bass. the 680 and 780 use regular 40mm "(neodymium? i forgot) drivers and are more rock oriented.

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:27 AM Post #44 of 68

Quote:
the only thing about that is
http://www.head-fi.org/t/556509/review-battle-of-the-entry-level-rivals-ultrasone-hfi-580-vs-audio-technica-m50-vs-pro700-mk2
t
his was one of the deciding factors of my ultrasone purchase

The Ultrasone has since (as u can see) replaced the M50 to be a very suggested bassy "audiophile" bass can, more so than the muddier pro 700mk2

but this brings me back to my initial point. most consumer's don't like audiophile bass

Oh congrats on the purchase! I'm sure you'll love the Ultrasones. I haven't tried the HFI-580s but I had the HFI-700s and I now have the PRO650s (for the second time) and I find the Ultrasone sound very enjoyable. I think you'll appreciate the detail also. Let us know how you like them. :)

Jan 2, 2012 at 2:35 AM Post #45 of 68

Quote:

Oh congrats on the purchase! I'm sure you'll love the Ultrasones. I haven't tried the HFI-580s but I had the HFI-700s and I now have the PRO650s (for the second time) and I find the Ultrasone sound very enjoyable. I think you'll appreciate the detail also. Let us know how you like them. :)

haha check out my review at the bottom :) IT is the premier post on the web for any review related to teh Ultrasone 580 :) I did a quick google one day and was amazed to find that it topped the list. Tell me how it is :) Good or bad or whatever. it's in my signature :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back