Seiun player, $150 player with monster spec. Too good to be true?
Jan 12, 2016 at 12:57 PM Post #363 of 1,652
  Im currently in a fix whether to get back the pro X to replace my ipod touch 4G or to upgrade to a ipad mini 3 retina as a player instead. 

Well... when the ipad mini 3 is mated up with the ifi micro DSD with Onkyo HF player that takes advantage of the 64bit processor its a good match up.....  
not something you want to put in a pocket... but super nice to travel with...

AT&T has the ipad mini 3 128GB  for $349 ...   so its a pretty nice deal...  

Then mate it all up with the picopro laser projector...  ( same size as an iphone ) and you can really enjoy those free movies on Amazon Prime..  :)

Jan 12, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #365 of 1,652
  Well... when the ipad mini 3 is mated up with the ifi micro DSD with Onkyo HF player that takes advantage of the 64bit processor its a good match up.....  
not something you want to put in a pocket... but super nice to travel with...

AT&T has the ipad mini 3 128GB  for $349 ...   so its a pretty nice deal...  

Then mate it all up with the picopro laser projector...  ( same size as an iphone ) and you can really enjoy those free movies on Amazon Prime..  :)

If you're listening to music, there's no reason to use the iPad over an iPhone or iTouch.

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #366 of 1,652
  If you're listening to music, there's no reason to use the iPad over an iPhone or iTouch.

Correct...  they all three will be equal as to music....    just mentioned the ipad as its now cheaper to own than either the iphone 6 or ITouch (128gb) at this moment if you get one from ATT...  for 128gb its only $349...  the iphone 6 is much more than that and the itouch is $400...   thats a great deal for a Ipad mini3 compared to the others...   

Jan 12, 2016 at 7:28 PM Post #367 of 1,652
  Correct...  they all three will be equal as to music....    just mentioned the ipad as its now cheaper to own than either the iphone 6 or ITouch (128gb) at this moment if you get one from ATT...  for 128gb its only $349...  the iphone 6 is much more than that and the itouch is $400...   thats a great deal for a Ipad mini3 compared to the others...   

It's an older model, though.
I think it would be best just to get a dedicated DAP or an android device that supports mircroSD cards.

Jan 14, 2016 at 8:50 AM Post #368 of 1,652
Thanks guys for the feedback. Just backed this project! hope it turns out well! 

Jan 14, 2016 at 9:04 AM Post #370 of 1,652
We are still getting some feed back on IDGG but other crowd funding sites have ruined the reputation of any new ones. Most agree it should be all good with CYBERDRIVE and so far headphones and the basic player have come good. Just waiting for a firm review.

Nothing is set in stone and developing on the fly causes issues. People on IDGG forget a target isn't a 100% promise. It should be a small gamble and a bit of fun. Never gamble what you can't afford to loose...

There is a community forum @ Cyberdrive main web site.

Some good news, I got my first highend cans with Mr speakers ETHER. So burning them in should pass the time while Cyberdrive beaver away until March.

Good luck brother

Regards
Dave

Jan 16, 2016 at 4:06 AM Post #371 of 1,652

The picopro laser projector...  ( same size as an iphone ) and you can really enjoy those free movies on Amazon Prime..  :)

I have the Picopro and a Pro X on order - am looking forward to it . What with my Mojo and my ACS Encore CIEMs there's a lot of high quality portable gear out there

Jan 16, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #375 of 1,652
How does this compare sound wise to Cowon X5/X7 and Sandisc Clip +? Any early testing at all? Also which player can this player compete with? Long thread so excuse the questions. :) Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back