Seeking Hifiman EF-1000 amplifier impressions
Mar 28, 2024 at 10:14 AM Post #32 of 36
Stand by for a pending review of the EF1000 v EF1000 DAC. I'll test the rca xlr sq and post some sound samples on my YouTube review. Obviously, the Susvara will be worn🙂
I also happen to have a Feliks Envy, and a hand built McNeish Designs Speaker/Headphone Amp. All 4 are no compromise Headphone Amps, and 2 of them offer a no compromise speaker amp in addition.
As time permits, I'll bring you YouTube reviews of these and post them here
look forward to them

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:23 AM Post #33 of 36
Stand by for a pending review of the EF1000 v EF1000 DAC. I'll test the rca xlr sq and post some sound samples on my YouTube review. Obviously, the Susvara will be worn🙂
I also happen to have a Feliks Envy, and a hand built McNeish Designs Speaker/Headphone Amp. All 4 are no compromise Headphone Amps, and 2 of them offer a no compromise speaker amp in addition.
As time permits, I'll bring you YouTube reviews of these and post them here
Although I really loved the sound of the EF1000. I has very poor experience with 3 of them last year. Yes I said 3. All 3 had some issues with the RCA vs XLR switch and every time I played a dynamic track like Dire Straits private investigations , the amp sound would shutdown when the hi dynamic passage came along. HiFiman was great about replacing them no issues but it seemed to me like they were aware of some issue with ti as I never experienced anything like it. We did all the regular trouble shooting , cables, power cords diffenent dac set ups but it just kept happening??????????????????? I pity the EF000 and Susvara was my favorite set up and I have had Aperio, Lina,. Just know getting into Woo 33 elite with JPS wiring and AB 1266 too early to judge how I feel yet, very good but not ready to say the best I have had yet until its broken in a bit literally just received the unit. I saw HIFIMan at can jam and they were using the EF1000. I even quietly mentioned my experience to their rep, he just shrugged................pity I wanted a hybrid

Mar 28, 2024 at 10:36 AM Post #34 of 36
Although I really loved the sound of the EF1000. I has very poor experience with 3 of them last year. Yes I said 3. All 3 had some issues with the RCA vs XLR switch and every time I played a dynamic track like Dire Straits private investigations , the amp sound would shutdown when the hi dynamic passage came along. HiFiman was great about replacing them no issues but it seemed to me like they were aware of some issue with ti as I never experienced anything like it. We did all the regular trouble shooting , cables, power cords diffenent dac set ups but it just kept happening??????????????????? I pity the EF000 and Susvara was my favorite set up and I have had Aperio, Lina,. Just know getting into Woo 33 elite with JPS wiring and AB 1266 too early to judge how I feel yet, very good but not ready to say the best I have had yet until its broken in a bit literally just received the unit. I saw HIFIMan at can jam and they were using the EF1000. I even quietly mentioned my experience to their rep, he just shrugged................pity I wanted a hybrid
I have never had the problems you mention with my EF1000.
The only thing I found (apart from the main unit getting very hot), was the direct input RCA connections (for 'CD' & 'DAC' inputs) were far superior to the RCA 'AUX' and the balanced XLR 'AUX' inputs. The XLR 'AUX' was also the same as the RCA 'AUX' even when connected to a dedicated balanced TOTL Phono Stage (CH P1 with X1) which is not what I have experienced before with XLR balanced inputs ! So I connected my Chord DAVE to RCA 'DAC' input and my CH P1 Phono Stage to RCA 'CD' input which gives me the best sound !

Mar 29, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #36 of 36
I have never had the problems you mention with my EF1000.
The only thing I found (apart from the main unit getting very hot), was the direct input RCA connections (for 'CD' & 'DAC' inputs) were far superior to the RCA 'AUX' and the balanced XLR 'AUX' inputs. The XLR 'AUX' was also the same as the RCA 'AUX' even when connected to a dedicated balanced TOTL Phono Stage (CH P1 with X1) which is not what I have experienced before with XLR balanced inputs ! So I connected my Chord DAVE to RCA 'DAC' input and my CH P1 Phono Stage to RCA 'CD' input which gives me the best sound !
Glad to hear you did not have the same issue. I also saw the RCA connection was superior? Shame on the amp. I really liked it when it worked. I'm gun shy or i would to have one with Susvara

Users who are viewing this thread

Back