Seeking beta testers for the Aiwa Arc-1 Bluetooth Headphones
Jun 21, 2018 at 8:16 AM Post #47 of 117
Dear Sir Or Madam,

I have decided after many years away from reviewing, That I would dip my toes again. I still believe in the written review
as I find it can convey certain details that a video may overlook. I am currently asking around to see if any members of the industry
would be interested in written reviews being made of their products. So if you are interested & would like me to review any of your
items please let me know.

I have been an avid music lover and hifi enthusiast since I was about 6 and it has remained my passion since.
Thank you for taking the time to read & respond to this email.

Facebook - https://www.facebook.com/groups/516367948761119/

Blog - https://theaudiophilecafe.wordpress.com/#jp-carousel-49

Yours Sincerely, Mr Paul Hoskin. Owner of The Audiophile Cafe.

Jun 25, 2018 at 12:14 PM Post #49 of 117
FYI: We are close to closing the beta application for now, we will be notifying selected testers in the next couple days. Thanks so much to everyone who applied, we'll be in touch soon.

Just signed up - fingers crossed I get a chance to give these test.

Thanks for applying! Only a handful of people will get to test in this round, but I'm hoping to develop a special offer, closer to launch day, for those who applied to test also.

Dear Sir Or Madam,

I have decided after many years away from reviewing, That I would dip my toes again. I still believe in the written review
as I find it can convey certain details that a video may overlook. I am currently asking around to see if any members of the industry
would be interested in written reviews being made of their products...

Paul, thanks for applying, we appreciate it!

Inscribed! Thanks for opportunity to test your product.

Thanks!

Jul 6, 2018 at 9:13 PM Post #50 of 117
Really looking forward to hearing the Arc-1, they look fantastic.

Jul 9, 2018 at 11:47 AM Post #53 of 117
@Zapp_Fan, guessing that if we haven’t heard back from you by now we have not been chosen to be beta testers. Is this a correct assumption? If that is the case thanks for the opportunity.

I've been wondering as well.

Hi guys. You're correct, we've contacted the handful of people who were selected to beta-test this time around. However, we're hoping to be able to offer something special for the (many) folks that we couldn't fit into this round of beta testing. Thanks for following up!

Jul 26, 2018 at 12:01 PM Post #55 of 117
I ordered one as well.

For those interested, the Beta testing is going well. It is a very well thought out and flushed out product, even in beta.

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2018 at 1:06 PM Post #56 of 117
I'm quite interested in testing these ones so also pre-ordered at the first batch. I need to calm down buying Bluetooth headphones now though as I should be able to at least find one great if not several great ones among these Aiwa ones, Audeze Mobius and Ora GrapheneQ which have respective MSRP pricing of $199, $399 and $499 respectively so will be interesting to see how well they perform at their respective price range. All have their own strengths too in various ways, the Aiwa is built with Biocellulose drivers which have had great success in other headphones and I dig their design cue due the lightweight, comfortable, minimalistic and fairly compact over ear design language and supports aptX-LL for lowest possible latency over Bluetooth which is pretty uncommon. The Mobius again will be the first Planar Magnetic Bluetooth supported LDAC headphone with built-in headtracking/surround emulation and Ora GrapheneQ are the first retail highend Bluetooth headphone coming to the market based on the new "wonder" material Graphene with its excellent acoustic properties and supports aptX HD again so every headphone do things a little bit differently and at difference price ranges. Will be interesting to compare these headphones.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2018 at 8:28 AM Post #58 of 117
I have to say, there's something that feels inherently deceptive about picking up the Aiwa brand name and using it as your own when you have literally nothing to do with the original company. It's clear you're not trying to hide that fact - as the blog post on your website attests - but it's also clear that you're banking on the brand recognition people still have (as evidenced by some of the posts in this thread). Given that you have no relationship with any previous incarnations of the company, it would be a complete mistake to make any presumptions about the level of quality of any new products under the Aiwa name based on the reputation of the old Aiwa products.

So according to wikipedia, you guys are Hale Devices? And you make speaker docks for Android phones, which apparently get middling reviews. So that's what we as consumers should look to when gauging your reputation and the level of product quality we should expect under the Aiwa brand name today

Aug 15, 2018 at 10:01 AM Post #59 of 117
I have to say, there's something that feels inherently deceptive about picking up the Aiwa brand name and using it as your own when you have literally nothing to do with the original company. It's clear you're not trying to hide that fact - as the blog post on your website attests - but it's also clear that you're banking on the brand recognition people still have (as evidenced by some of the posts in this thread). Given that you have no relationship with any previous incarnations of the company, it would be a complete mistake to make any presumptions about the level of quality of any new products under the Aiwa name based on the reputation of the old Aiwa products.

So according to wikipedia, you guys are Hale Devices? And you make speaker docks for Android phones, which apparently get middling reviews. So that's what we as consumers should look to when gauging your reputation and the level of product quality we should expect under the Aiwa brand name today

I do not believe that to be true. Give them a chance to prove what they can do before passing judgement. Since they have been nothing but honest, forthcoming and go out of their way to get input from the consumer, I think we all owe them at least that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back