Seeking beta testers for the Aiwa Arc-1 Bluetooth Headphones
Jun 14, 2018 at 6:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 117

Zapp_Fan

Member of the Trade: Aiwa
Update 6/25/18: Hey everyone, thanks to everyone who applied and everyone who is interested in these headphones. We've closed the application for beta testing in this round, but if you want to stay at the forefront of our product announcements and testing opportunities, you can join the Aiwa Labs email list or Facebook group.

Hello everyone! I am proud to be making our first product announcement as a sponsor of Head-Fi.

We're about a month away from releasing our first over-ear headphone since the US re-launch of Aiwa, and we'd like some Head-fiers to put them through their paces.

Our main objectives are to get feedback on the sound, and to identify any firmware glitches that our internal testing may not have found yet.

Please note that although the headphones are not final retail units, but are almost identical except that they won't come with the manual, carrying case, or final packaging.

Apply to beta-test the headphones here.

Arc-1_white_background.png

Here are some of the basics - more details to be announced soon:
  • Bluetooth 4.2 with aptX / aptX LL
  • Over-ear, closed back design
  • Biocellulose-based driver cone with flexible surround
  • Aluminum, leather, plastic construction
  • Selling price $199
  • Estimated Release date: July 2018
Thanks for reading, and I'll be happy to answer any questions.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 117
I would like to throw my hat in as I am very interested in Bluetooth and I have a fair amount of experience having owned quite a few very nice Bluetooth headphones. I hope that you will consider me as a beta tester. By the way, I am a big fan of Aiwa having been into audio since the 1980s I have over the years owned a few Aiwa components and I am really happy to see that Aiwa is trying to establish themselves in this market sector. Cheers.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 6:10 PM Post #3 of 117
I would like to throw my hat in as I am very interested in Bluetooth and I have a fair amount of experience having owned quite a few very nice Bluetooth headphones. I hope that you will consider me as a beta tester. By the way, I am a big fan of Aiwa having been into audio since the 1980s I have over the years owned a few Aiwa components and I am really happy to see that Aiwa is trying to establish themselves in this market sector. Cheers.

Awesome, thanks! We are doing our best to deliver on what people see as the best aspects of past Aiwa products. Make sure to apply via the link. We'll be notifying people within a week or so, depending on the shipping time of the incoming samples.

Jun 14, 2018 at 6:20 PM Post #6 of 117
Ditto, used the link.

Jun 14, 2018 at 6:27 PM Post #7 of 117
Submitted. Thanks for the opportunity.

Jun 15, 2018 at 2:32 AM Post #13 of 117
Is this beta only for people in the US ?

I would like to apply if its also open to people from the UK.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back