Seeking beta testers for the Aiwa Arc-1 Bluetooth Headphones
Jun 15, 2018 at 6:43 AM Post #17 of 117
They look beautiful, I hope they feel and sound good too.

Jun 15, 2018 at 10:32 AM Post #19 of 117
I'm here if you need my help :)

You're more experienced than most at this, we should talk!

Submitted request and would like to test these out :smile_phones:

Awesome, thank you!

Would love to try 'em out. I'm currently narrowing down potential wireless solutions, actually. Was a QC35 user in the past, WH1000XM2 will probably be joining in the near future.

Some nice cans to be sure. We're hoping our SQ puts us in the same ranks or better. Also I think I'm technically not allowed to express opinions on competitors' products, but suffice it to say I've no reason to disbelieve what people say about the ANC performance on those units. :)

I'm in. interested in something new from Aiwa

Thanks! We're a new company now (you can check out our website for more detail on the backstory). Our goal is to keep delivering the same kinds of good experiences people had with the brand in the past - mainly focusing on good sound quality first.

Is this beta only for people in the US ?

I would like to apply if its also open to people from the UK.

It's not closed to users outside the US, but to be honest because of timing it may be more difficult to include European testers in this round. But, we do intend to launch these headphones in the EU / UK as well as the US once the logistical questions are sorted out.

In my application I forgot to mention that my B&W P7 is the wireless bluetooth model.

Thanks for letting us know!

I'm glad that the company returned to Aiwa's second logo.

So are we. To be honest I could never figure out the 2003-2008 logo. Do the A and the I combine to make the W? I get the first and last A, and probably the I, but what's up with the W?

Does the ownership of a 20 year old monster mini-stereo Aiwa NSX-S909 make me eligible:):)

Well, we won't disqualify anyone if they *don't* own any NSX gear, that would be doubly unfair. :) But it is dang cool that you have it.

They look beautiful, I hope they feel and sound good too.

Thanks! I've been wearing them for about 8 hours a day every day at work and I don't feel the need to take them off very much. Hopefully your experience is similar.

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 4:10 PM Post #21 of 117
I would gladly apply, I'm on the hunt for a suitable BT headphone especially for TV use where the aptX LL support comes especially handy. Already have a aptX LL supporting BT transmitter. I also have ordered both the upcoming premium Audeze Mobius (First Planar Magnetic BT headphone) and ORA GrapheneQ (first Graphene based driver) Bluetooth headphones which both support Bluetooth which should be shipped in the July-August timeframe. I'm especially looking for a practical minimalist design and this looks like fitting that description.

Also own a Samsung S7, Huawei M2 Mediapad tablet and a PC with built-in Bluetooth/wifi chip in the motherboard. I'm a hobby mastering engineer with over 1000 tracks mastered (mostly for newcomer producers in the EDM genre) and typically have no trouble EQ tracks or headphones for a balanced response.

Hopefully living in Finland isn't an issue though, often these opportunities are "US" only :frowning2:

Can you also connect it via cable and if so does the sound deriviate much from the BT mode and passive mode? (Just wondering for sake of plausible EQ suggestion feedback possibilities)

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2018 at 5:37 PM Post #22 of 117
I would gladly apply, I'm on the hunt for a suitable BT headphone especially for TV use where the aptX LL support comes especially handy. Already have a aptX LL supporting BT transmitter. I also have ordered both the upcoming premium Audeze Mobius (First Planar Magnetic BT headphone) and ORA GrapheneQ (first Graphene based driver) Bluetooth headphones which both support Bluetooth which should be shipped in the July-August timeframe. I'm especially looking for a practical minimalist design and this looks like fitting that description.

Also own a Samsung S7, Huawei M2 Mediapad tablet and a PC with built-in Bluetooth/wifi chip in the motherboard. I'm a hobby mastering engineer with over 1000 tracks mastered (mostly for newcomer producers in the EDM genre) and typically have no trouble EQ tracks or headphones for a balanced response.

Hopefully living in Finland isn't an issue though, often these opportunities are "US" only :frowning2:

Can you also connect it via cable and if so does the sound deriviate much from the BT mode and passive mode? (Just wondering for sake of plausible EQ suggestion feedback possibilities)

Good questions. You sound like a good candidate, but it may be that this round of testing ends up restricted to the US simply due to time constraints related to customs / shipping.

As far as using the headphones wired - the sound is actually a bit different in wired mode. We use the onboard DSP EQ to fine-tune the FR. For that tuning to carry over to wired mode, we would have to give up the ability to use the headphones when the battery is dead - you can't run DSP when there's no battery! So, the end result is wired mode sounds different.

That said we may share APO EQ parameters that get you very close to wireless mode if there is demand.

Jun 16, 2018 at 5:32 PM Post #25 of 117
Even though I'm not versed as much in audio as other Head-fiers, I'd love to try out plenty of headphones. I have some personal experience with audio equipment outside of headphones but not as much when dealing with headphones. I've submitted my form and hope to be a selected tester.

Last edited:
Jun 17, 2018 at 7:37 AM Post #28 of 117
I'm glad Aiwa is back into the audio market, I've been using Aiwa since the days of the personal tape player, personal CD player along with those IEM, hopefully you can come back with those previous glory back in the old days, will you also be releasing Audio players and other new products.

I would also love to test out these new BT headphones.

Jun 17, 2018 at 9:42 AM Post #29 of 117
Would like to have a try and recommend this to the community in the coming days. Bring AIWA back to Singapore! :)

Jun 17, 2018 at 11:48 AM Post #30 of 117
I applied via the link!

I've been apart of a few company sponsored review panels on this site!

I'm very technical and test out products thoroughly as you can see in my reviews.

Really hoping AIWA is open to Canadian testers as I am extremely interested in testing out your new Bluetooth headphones and providing detailed feedback on operation!

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/mixcder-hd601.22547/reviews?page=2#reviews

https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ov...ts-exercise-travel.21909/reviews#review-17198

Users who are viewing this thread

Back