Seattle Summer Redhook Meet 7/25/2015
Jul 23, 2015 at 10:48 AM Post #256 of 319
Does anyone have a new(ish) 0.78mm 2pin iem cable they don't use and want to sell to me for $30 at the meet? Looking to get a one overnight from Amazon if not (FiiO cable) but thought I'd ask here first.

Not exactly too close to that price, but for a fair price. I'll have a Norne Audio pure silver (newest line, NOT OFFICIALLY RELEASED yet, actually the first cable made with this new wire) IEM/CIEM cable with the new Black Barrelled Eidolic 2pin Tellerium pins.  The quality of this cable is most impressive! you'll have to come check it out and I bet you'd agree!

Jul 23, 2015 at 2:11 PM Post #258 of 319
Jul 23, 2015 at 2:26 PM Post #259 of 319
Hello, I haven't been active on head-fi for quite awhile, just enough lurking to get upgraditis. I will be able to attend, with jds labs Element (stock RCA input) and Mrspeakers Alpha PRIME.

Jul 23, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #260 of 319
BTW, Wow - just Wow!
Received both the Zana Deux and PMx2 yesterday and auditioned them and they are both stunning.
  1. ZD: From memory, I believe this new ZD may be a significant upgrade from the original ZD which was already jaw droppingly good (and yes, the euphonics are definitely still there) - we'll have to see what AtomicBob thinks. The ZD magically transports me to an alternate universe where all music sounds awesome and makes me giddy (regardless of Audeze or HD800 signature which is a miracle by itself). Too bad you will not be able to see at the meet how beautiful it is - tubes glowing - in a dark room while transporting you to nirvana.
  2. PMx2: The PMx2 definitely has upper tier TOTL HP SQ that besides sounding fantastic on everything I threw at it high end, scales down to make my iPhone magically sound like a $4K source - talk about ear time potential. The PMx2 has a lush, full body signature that makes music fun, while retaining transparency, neutrality, and detail. I've heard the PM-1 before, and from memory - the PMx2 runs circles around the PM-1 like a pro player would against a high school player. You will see what I mean when you hear them at the meet.

Again, I thank Craig at Eddie Current and Alex at Audio Zenith for giving us this wonderful opportunity.

Jul 23, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #262 of 319
Hi guys,

I am new to the forum (I actually registered my account when looking for good place for headphone shopping in Seattle, and encountered this post). I would love to join this meet if it's still open for registration. 

I plan to bring my Meridian Explorer2 and PS500e, and if anyone is interested, I can bring my old pair of SE530 as well..

Jul 23, 2015 at 4:35 PM Post #265 of 319
  Was yours the Cavalli Liquid Fire and Berkeley Alpha DAC? That is one great sounding rig that the many newcomers should experience!

Haha...thanks.  There's part of me that says "Awesome!  Someone likes my rig!" and part that is kinda going "ack...that means I'll have to break it all down".  Fortunately I got the software updates done last weekend, so I know it should be working (knock on wood).

So yeah, rig is same...no changes since last time I hauled it to a meet.  Between cost of home ownership, repairs after a burglary, a trip to Japan, failed computer modules in my car, and other things my expenses have exceeded my income for a while.

LCD-2 (version 2.something I think...I've long since lost track)
Q-Audio headphone cable
Cavalli Liquid Fire (Siemens E88CC tubes)
Crimson R.M. interconnects
Berkeley DAC Alpha (old edition)
Musical Fidelity V-LINK192 USB/SPDIF Converter
Custom server based on C.A.P.S. v2

Jul 23, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #266 of 319

Haha...thanks.  There's part of me that says "Awesome!  Someone likes my rig!" and part that is kinda going "ack...that means I'll have to break it all down".  Fortunately I got the software updates done last weekend, so I know it should be working (knock on wood).

So yeah, rig is same...no changes since last time I hauled it to a meet.  Between cost of home ownership, repairs after a burglary, a trip to Japan, failed computer modules in my car, and other things my expenses have exceeded my income for a while.

LCD-2 (version 2.something I think...I've long since lost track)
Q-Audio headphone cable
Cavalli Liquid Fire (Siemens E88CC tubes)
Crimson R.M. interconnects
Berkeley DAC Alpha (old edition)
Musical Fidelity V-LINK192 USB/SPDIF Converter
Custom server based on C.A.P.S. v2

Considering house and cars, headphone ownership is one of my cheapest and most satisfying endeavors.  That's one way to look at it anyway.  :)

Jul 23, 2015 at 7:25 PM Post #267 of 319
  BTW, Wow - just Wow!
Received both the Zana Deux and PMx2 yesterday and auditioned them and they are both stunning.
  1. ZD: From memory, I believe this new ZD may be a significant upgrade from the original ZD which was already jaw droppingly good (and yes, the euphonics are definitely still there) - we'll have to see what AtomicBob thinks. The ZD magically transports me to an alternate universe where all music sounds awesome and makes me giddy (regardless of Audeze or HD800 signature which is a miracle by itself). Too bad you will not be able to see at the meet how beautiful it is - tubes glowing - in a dark room while transporting you to nirvana.
  2. PMx2: The PMx2 definitely has upper tier TOTL HP SQ that besides sounding fantastic on everything I threw at it high end, scales down to make my iPhone magically sound like a $4K source - talk about ear time potential. The PMx2 has a lush, full body signature that makes music fun, while retaining transparency, neutrality, and detail. I've heard the PM-1 before, and from memory - the PMx2 runs circles around the PM-1 like a pro player would against a high school player. You will see what I mean when you hear them at the meet.

Again, I thank Craig at Eddie Current and Alex at Audio Zenith for giving us this wonderful opportunity.

Really looking to experience this "magically transports me to an alternate universe" effect!!!

Jul 23, 2015 at 8:14 PM Post #268 of 319

BTW, Wow - just Wow!

Really looking to experience this "magically transports me to an alternate universe" effect!!!

Bring a hat or something to secure the hair, it can really blow your hair back.
wink_face.gif

Jul 23, 2015 at 8:58 PM Post #269 of 319
Forgive me for being a bit of an IEM noob. If I wanted a really nice IEM from 1964 to use at work, from just a Chromebox (sounds quite decent surprisingly, better than my Galaxy Note 2), would I be able to use the V8 just fine, or would that require amping? If not the V8, at what step would I be alright, the V6 or lower? I'm not opposed to getting an amp for work, just seeing how high I can go before one is really needed.

Jul 23, 2015 at 9:10 PM Post #270 of 319
If you're coming to the meet, you have the best ideal opportunity to test out for yourself, which is what I'll be doing.  Also, it would help if you can find out any hardware specs of that headphone out on that Chromebox to help gauge synergy possibilities or cons.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back