Seattle Summer Redhook Meet 7/25/2015
Jul 24, 2015 at 10:51 PM Post #301 of 319

Considering house and cars, headphone ownership is one of my cheapest and most satisfying endeavors.  That's one way to look at it anyway.  :)

Yeah...amazing how going from $800 a month in rent on an apartment to a mortgage and all the fun that goes along with can change how things.

Your rig might be "old school" but it's a large part of the reason why I bought a Liquid Fire amp for myself.  
biggrin.gif

So bring it.  Your setup might get someone else new hooked on that style of sound, like it did to me.

I'll be bringing my Liquid Fire and a Geek Pulse Xfi.  The Xfi is a different sounding DAC than the Berkeley Alpha.  It will be fun to compare.  I'm still in the DAC shopping mode.  The Xfi is an awesome DAC with what it does.  But it's not going to be my only good DAC.  I need at least two DACs to get the flavors I'm after.  I need to refamiliarize my ears with the Berkeley and see if that is a direction I want to go.  Maybe a Yggy is in my future?  I don't know yet.  Need to hear some more DACs and find out what synergizes well with the Liquid Fire and what synergizes with my ears.

Weird to think of my rig as old school.  I could see that when I had the Stacker.  I still kinda miss that amp.

Yeah, definitely give the BADA a listen again.  One thing to keep in mind is that mine is one of the old ones before the most recent upgrade, which was both hardware and software side.  I think the new version has much the same "flavor" to the sound, but is supposed to be improved.

Jul 24, 2015 at 10:54 PM Post #302 of 319
  Just Google Mapped the location, looks like a longer drive than I anticipated. There usually isn't much in way of traffic on Saturdays, correct?

*edit: Coming from Des Moines area and will most likely take 405N through Renton all the way to Woodinville. Doesn't make sense to go through Seattle and cross the floating bridge. Yup, I've had great luck so far heading east in the last 2 meets so hopefully it's open roads to and from.

Definitely avoid Seattle if you can.  Seafair stuff is kicking off at Seattle Center and the Torchlight Parade is in the evening, so it may affect traffic.

Jul 24, 2015 at 11:06 PM Post #303 of 319
Is that this weekend? If so I'm definitely catching traffic on the way back as I'll be going to West Seattle after.
Definitely avoid Seattle if you can.  Seafair stuff is kicking off at Seattle Center and the Torchlight Parade is in the evening, so it may affect traffic.

Jul 25, 2015 at 4:09 AM Post #304 of 319
Hi all,
I'm a new attendee this year, and nnotis convinced me that it is a must attend meet.

I will show up with my iBasso DX90 (bring your music files on microSD!),  Sony MDR-XB1000.
If anyone is interested, I'm looking to sell or trade the Sony XB1000. 
Silver Dragon cable for JH13s would be a dream trade, but I'm open to anything I haven't heard before.
Just don't need that much bass..

Looking forward to meet everyone!

Jul 25, 2015 at 5:50 AM Post #306 of 319
http://m.seafair.com/events/2015/alaska-airlines-seafair-torchlight-parade/

Not sure about earlier festivities but it looks like the parade doesn't kick off until 7:30, which seems kinda late. ? I don't think there's much traffic to worry about until possibly 5ish, unless there are earlier festivities.

Jul 25, 2015 at 6:22 AM Post #307 of 319
I am coming from Lake City,  I hope to make it to the pre-meet,  If I don't Ill be at the Library.
Look for the big guy wearing a black fedora using a black cane to walk.

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:42 AM Post #309 of 319
Who is making for Breakfast?

Jul 25, 2015 at 11:45 AM Post #310 of 319
I will. Thinking about trying their fancy granola cereal with cream. Going cheap so I have more money for audio stuff.

Jul 25, 2015 at 12:54 PM Post #312 of 319
Quick and likely dumb question. There should be plenty of chairs... Right?

Anyhow, will see some of you soon for breakfast!

Jul 25, 2015 at 1:41 PM Post #313 of 319
If by any chance, Noble ends up coming to the show and offering a discount, could someone ask about extending the discount to a Washingtonian who just couldn't make it over? Please :) 

Just in case... 

Jul 25, 2015 at 9:38 PM Post #315 of 319
Awesome meet today! I got to try so much stuff I wouldn't have thought I'd get a chance to listen to. I was that young awkward Asian kid walking around with glasses and a big backpack
biggrin.gif
. My offer stands: if anyone wants to listen to any of my stuff, drop me a message and we'll see if we can meet up. It's easiest for me to meet near the UW campus if anyone wants to take up my offer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back