Seattle Summer Redhook Meet 7/25/2015
Jul 23, 2015 at 9:18 PM Post #271 of 319
  If you're coming to the meet, you have the best ideal opportunity to test out for yourself, which is what I'll be doing.  Also, it would help if you can find out any hardware specs of that headphone out on that Chromebox to help gauge synergy possibilities or cons.

I mean, I have an oscilloscope I could bring if we want to do that kind of stuff at the meet... (don't actually know how to use it, I just have one, so if someone comes that knows how to use it, that would be awesome! oh, it does have the manual, so it shouldn't be too hard)

Jul 23, 2015 at 9:23 PM Post #272 of 319
Whatever floats your boat, but this meet might be bigger than past meets and tabletop real estate can become scarce.  I believe I speak for most, that they test out gears with their ears. Besides, four hours or whatever time you plan to be at the meet comes and goes like fart in the wind speed.

Jul 23, 2015 at 9:42 PM Post #273 of 319
  Whatever floats your boat, but this meet might be bigger than past meets and tabletop real estate can become scarce.  I believe I speak for most, that they test out gears with their ears. Besides, four hours or whatever time you plan to be at the meet comes and goes like fart in the wind speed.

Yeah, it's true, unfortunately... I suppose I won't bring it then.

Anyway, I have a revised list of the gear I'll be bringing.
Headphones:
- Denon AH-D7000
- Fidue A83
Dac/amp/Dap:
- Galaxy S6 edge w/AudioQuest Dragonfly over OTG USB
- Laptop running same dragonfly
- Original Microsoft Zune, in case anyone wants to try out something kinda old...
Vinyl:
- Daft Punk's Random Access Memories
- Death Cab's Kintsugi
- Metallica's self titled album, if anyone is interested
- Blue Oyster Cult: Some Enchanted Evening
- Some Japanese album, whose name I forget (The vinyl looks awesome)
- The XX, XX

What the people I'm towing along may bring:
Sennheiser HD650
Fiio E07k
Shure SE215
Sony MDR V6
and maybe a couple other things (Don't quote me on those ones though)

Oh, also, if anyone wants to try out a rather good (for the insanely low price) dac/amp, and you have an optical out (my laptop doesn't), I can bring my SMSL 793-II.

Jul 24, 2015 at 12:01 AM Post #274 of 319
This is my first local meet, so I really don't know what to expect, i'm most excited to meet some new people and hear some new gear!!!

The meet looks to be very promising. I'm wanting to check out the Zana Duex and PMX2 for sure. I have TWO, yes two Solv cables to pair with the PMX2 whether it be with the Zana Deux in SE, or my Audio-gd Master 11 in 4pin balanced, or other balanced setups at the meet. 
I also want to check out:
LH Labs Pulse Xfi from Ham Sandwich, and his Liquid Fire.
Shanling H3 and N3 from Soungsgoodtome
Headamp - Fostex TH900, Hifiman HE1000 and the Stax of course. :D

I have a final count of what Norne Cables i'll have for auditioning. PLEASE take a moment to check them out if you'd like.

Norne Cables: Special FIRST RELEASE of a new product.

1. New TOTL endgame Silver mmcx silver ciem cable (no name yet, these are for my fidue A83's)

2. New TOTL endgame Silver 2-pin (.78mm Eidolic black barrelled TeCU) - works with nearly all 2-pin iems (for 1964 ears).

3. Arcane - Audeze Balanced (Eidolic Tecu) (looking for someone who has some Audezes that may be interested in auditioning them with this cable)

4. ​Zoetic - HD800 SE paired with (BobFiggins HD800s)

5. Draug 2 - HD800 Balanced (Eidolic Tecu)

6. My Own HE-560's paired with Zoetic-black/grey herring bone sleeved (Eidolic Tecu balanced)

7. My Fiance, Dawn, Oppo PM3's paired with BLING BLING sleeved Zoetic PM-3 (balanced) (super nice looking new line of cables soon to come, ask me about them!!)

8. PM-3 single ended Skoll (very nice mid priced and super comfy cable)

9. Solv X Balanced (HE1000, Oppo PM-2, HD700, 400S) this can pair with the Audio Zenith PMX2 (this SolvX is known to have the most synergy with the OPPO PM2 moreso than any cable Norne offers!!! this one is special!) I would like to find someone with some HE1000's to try this with.

10. Solv X Single Ended (HE1000, Oppo PM-2, HD700, 400S) this can pair with the Audio Zenith PMX2  

11. Vanquish 4-pin XLR to 1/4" adapter (these are so handy!) (I will be purchasing this one for myself most likely unless someone else is interested in it!)

12. New line cable adapter 4pin balanced F to M 3.5mm TRRS balanced HIFIMAN style (got this for when my geekwave XDF256 arrives...) but this can be used for anyone that has the hifiman players.

Ask me more about Norne if you're interested in upgrading your cans/iems. 

Gear i'm bringing..

Dawn's laptop w/ SSD storage
Ipad 3 Mini for controling music on amps
Audio-gd Master 11 + Schiit Wyrd, pangea power and usb cables 
Audio-gd NFB-28 (2015 edition) Pangea power and usb cables
Brickwall 8socket surge and emi/rf Audio edition outlet.
I might bring some ACSS cables, but not likely as I don't think I will need them.

headphones/iems:

HE-560's - modded raw aluminum Ether type grilles
Oppo PM3's
Fidue A83's + TONS of ear tips which i'm actually trying to sell and find a home for them, about a dozen brands of assortment, new.

-------------
I may bring a small foldout table. I am curious if there will be enough chairs, I only have one foldout chair.
-------------

and 3 headphone stands - headphones belong on a head or on the stand, never on the amp, table or anywhere else. :D

-------------

Jul 24, 2015 at 1:22 AM Post #275 of 319
  This is my first local meet, so I really don't know what to expect, i'm most excited to meet some new people and hear some new gear!!!

The meet looks to be very promising. I'm wanting to check out the Zana Duex and PMX2 for sure. I have TWO, yes two Solv cables to pair with the PMX2 whether it be with the Zana Deux in SE, or my Audio-gd Master 11 in 4pin balanced, or other balanced setups at the meet. 
I also want to check out:
LH Labs Pulse Xfi from Ham Sandwich, and his Liquid Fire.
Shanling H3 and N3 from Soungsgoodtome
Headamp - Fostex TH900, Hifiman HE1000 and the Stax of course. :D

I have a final count of what Norne Cables i'll have for auditioning. PLEASE take a moment to check them out if you'd like.

Norne Cables: Special FIRST RELEASE of a new product.

1. New TOTL endgame Silver mmcx silver ciem cable (no name yet, these are for my fidue A83's)

2. New TOTL endgame Silver 2-pin (.78mm) - works with nearly all 2-pin iems (for 1964 ears).

3. Arcane - Audeze Balanced (Eidolic Tecu) (looking for someone who has some Audezes that may be interested in auditioning them with this cable)

4. ​Zoetic - HD800 SE paired with (BobFiggins HD800s)

5. Draug 2 - HD800 Balanced (Eidolic Tecu)

6. My Own HE-560's paired with Zoetic-black/grey herring bone sleeved (Eidolic Tecu balanced)

7. My Fiance, Dawn, Oppo PM3's paired with BLING BLING sleeved Zoetic PM-3 (balanced) (super nice looking new line of cables soon to come, ask me about them!!)

8. PM-3 single ended Skoll (very nice mid priced and super comfy cable)

9. Solv X Balanced (HE1000, Oppo PM-2, HD700, 400S) this can pair with the Audio Zenith PMX2 (this SolvX is known to have the most synergy with the OPPO PM2 moreso than any cable Norne offers!!! this one is special!) I would like to find someone with some HE1000's to try this with.

10. Solv X Single Ended (HE1000, Oppo PM-2, HD700, 400S) this can pair with the Audio Zenith PMX2  

11. Vanquish 4-pin XLR to 1/4" adapter (these are so handy!) (I will be purchasing this one for myself most likely unless someone else is interested in it!)

12. New line cable adapter 4pin balanced F to M 3.5mm TRRS balanced HIFIMAN style (got this for when my geekwave XDF256 arrives...) but this can be used for anyone that has the hifiman players.

Ask me more about Norne if you're interested in upgrading your cans/iems. 

Gear i'm bringing..

Dawn's laptop w/ SSD storage
Ipad 3 Mini for controling music on amps
Audio-gd Master 11 + Schiit Wyrd, pangea power and usb cables 
Audio-gd NFB-28 (2015 edition) Pangea power and usb cables
Brickwall 8socket surge and emi/rf Audio edition outlet.
I might bring some ACSS cables, but not likely as I don't think I will need them.

headphones/iems:

HE-560's - modded raw aluminum Ether type grilles
Oppo PM3's
Fidue A83's + TONS of ear tips which i'm actually trying to sell and find a home for them, about a dozen brands of assortment, new.

-------------
I may bring a small foldout table. I am curious if there will be enough chairs, I only have one foldout chair.
-------------

and 3 headphone stands - headphones belong on a head or on the stand, never on the amp, table or anywhere else. :D

-------------

For cable number 3, I will have my LCD2.2 at the Eddie Current table along with the PMx2 and HD700. Would love to try number 9 and 10 cables with the HD700 too, never heard it balanced.

Jul 24, 2015 at 1:40 AM Post #276 of 319
  For cable number 3, I will have my LCD2.2 at the Eddie Current table along with the PMx2 and HD700. Would love to try number 9 and 10 cables with the HD700 too, never heard it balanced.

It would be nice to be able to sit near you then, if possible. :D As I would like to have a chance to audition some of those on my Master 11. I've been pretty shocked at the quality of the M11 so far. Another guy on headfi just sold his Yggdrasil/ragnarok after he got his master11.  The sound is euphonic from the M11 and addictive.  I'm in search of finding another headphone to my collection. The PMX2 is a potential choice for sure.

Jul 24, 2015 at 2:06 AM Post #277 of 319

It would be nice to be able to sit near you then, if possible. :D As I would like to have a chance to audition some of those on my Master 11. I've been pretty shocked at the quality of the M11 so far. Another guy on headfi just sold his Yggdrasil/ragnarok after he got his master11.  The sound is euphonic from the M11 and addictive.  I'm in search of finding another headphone to my collection. The PMX2 is a potential choice for sure.

Sounds good, I would like to hear the M11 as well. Lets make a point of sitting at a common table. However, I will probably get there right at opening of the room and tables are likely to go quick. Are you planning on being there at the open? You can PM me with any complex logistics so we don't derail the thread.

Jul 24, 2015 at 2:15 AM Post #279 of 319
  Sounds good, I would like to hear the M11 as well. Lets make a point of sitting at a common table. However, I will probably get there right at opening of the room and tables are likely to go quick. Are you planning on being there at the open? You can PM me with any complex logistics so we don't derail the thread.

I will be at the pre-meet with my fiance, Dawn. We plan to be at the room ASAP...so yea. I hope to have space :D I will PM you with my contact info. We can coordinate.

Jul 24, 2015 at 4:12 AM Post #280 of 319

Haha...thanks.  There's part of me that says "Awesome!  Someone likes my rig!" and part that is kinda going "ack...that means I'll have to break it all down".  Fortunately I got the software updates done last weekend, so I know it should be working (knock on wood).

So yeah, rig is same...no changes since last time I hauled it to a meet.  Between cost of home ownership, repairs after a burglary, a trip to Japan, failed computer modules in my car, and other things my expenses have exceeded my income for a while.

LCD-2 (version 2.something I think...I've long since lost track)
Q-Audio headphone cable
Cavalli Liquid Fire (Siemens E88CC tubes)
Crimson R.M. interconnects
Berkeley DAC Alpha (old edition)
Musical Fidelity V-LINK192 USB/SPDIF Converter
Custom server based on C.A.P.S. v2

Your rig might be "old school" but it's a large part of the reason why I bought a Liquid Fire amp for myself.  
biggrin.gif

So bring it.  Your setup might get someone else new hooked on that style of sound, like it did to me.

I'll be bringing my Liquid Fire and a Geek Pulse Xfi.  The Xfi is a different sounding DAC than the Berkeley Alpha.  It will be fun to compare.  I'm still in the DAC shopping mode.  The Xfi is an awesome DAC with what it does.  But it's not going to be my only good DAC.  I need at least two DACs to get the flavors I'm after.  I need to refamiliarize my ears with the Berkeley and see if that is a direction I want to go.  Maybe a Yggy is in my future?  I don't know yet.  Need to hear some more DACs and find out what synergizes well with the Liquid Fire and what synergizes with my ears.

Jul 24, 2015 at 5:04 AM Post #281 of 319
I'll be at the meet with mostly portable gear (nice IEMs, but not great souce
tongue.gif
). My friend will have along his K7XX and I'll bring my HD600s as far as full headphones are concerned. Only gonna be able to make the main meet. First time to one of these events, so giddy with excitement! Gonna be bouncing around all over the place listening to stuff
L3000.gif

Jul 24, 2015 at 12:49 PM Post #283 of 319
@BIG POPPA
Should we bring name tag stickers? This meet looks like it's going to be one of the larger ones, and I have a hard enough time correlating faces with names with Head-Fi usernames from previous meets, hahaha.

Nah, if you have a badge from a previous meet that would be fine. To me it's just another great meet, the room will do 75 peeps. Love the hype though
wink_face.gif

Jul 24, 2015 at 1:26 PM Post #284 of 319
Well I gave my best shot at getting us a pre-production Cavalli Liquid Carbon for the meet, but no dice. :frowning2: :frowning2:

I would have loved to have heard that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back