Seattle Meet Saturday Sept, 7
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 20, 2019 at 2:08 PM Post #32 of 142
Aug 20, 2019 at 2:14 PM Post #33 of 142
I would love to try a Shure SE846 IEM, if anyone has one to bring. Looking forward to it!

John

I got ya :wink:

You can try my SE846 if I can try your WM1A :)

BTW, for IEM testing, how are we dealing with, you know, the hygiene concern? I can bring wipes to sanitize silicone tips (sharing foam tips are probably out of the question). Dunno if this works for people. Maybe people should bring their own tips? But then compatibility could be an issue with varying nozzle diameters.

Aug 20, 2019 at 2:26 PM Post #34 of 142

BTW, for IEM testing, how are we dealing with, you know, the hygiene concern? I can bring wipes to sanitize silicone tips (sharing foam tips are probably out of the question). Dunno if this works for people. Maybe people should bring their own tips? But then compatibility could be an issue with varying nozzle diameters.

Where can we buy tips? Also does anyone have the QDC Anole VX, I have heard rave reviews about those and I am looking to buy an IEM. I am also very interested in Fearless audio Roland, wonder if they are worth the hype(that electorsat though has me very interested).

Aug 20, 2019 at 3:14 PM Post #35 of 142
Does anyone have the massdrop THX AAA amp? Suppose to be the latest and greatest budget

I have one. If I am able to attend, I'll remember to bring it with me.

Where can we buy tips? Also does anyone have the QDC Anole VX, I have heard rave reviews about those and I am looking to buy an IEM. I am also very interested in Fearless audio Roland, wonder if they are worth the hype(that electorsat though has me very interested).

I have VX as well. Same as above, if I can make it, I'll definitely bring it. @Mrcojocaru also has VX but not sure he knows about this event.

Also will just tag @Darthpool here too, since I just texted him about this event. :)

Aug 20, 2019 at 6:11 PM Post #36 of 142

I just purchased from Amazon the Comply TS100 tips for the Shure SE846, which I will bring and use to try your SE846. I will certainly bring my Sony NW-WM1A!

Aug 21, 2019 at 5:38 AM Post #37 of 142
I should be there as well.
I'll be bringing my Purp-Amp, a dual duty HP and Pre-amp, and the latest power amp, the 6L6, along with my 800-Jmods.
Perhaps a bit more, but there is still some finalizing to do with both of these 2 recent amp builds.

JJ

Aug 21, 2019 at 2:54 PM Post #38 of 142
Does anyone have a DAP with coax or optical output I can borrow for the meet? Will bring my own flac in an mSD card but hoping someone has a X5iii or x7ii I can use or similar? Just needs to be able to play Flac and output to coax/optical.

My x7ii bricked during update

<><><><><><>edit

The X5iii would be great! I've tested the optical out to the Hugo2 previously and that's worked wonderfully. I think I have the 3.5mm to coax adapter handy for the digi out.
I have both a FiiO X5ii and X5iii with coax out. I will bring one or both for you to use.

John

After a moment’s thought, I suspect you prefer the X5iii, as it has WiFi to Tidal (if the venue has WiFi).

Awesome!
I have one. If I am able to attend, I'll remember to bring it with me.

I have VX as well. Same as above, if I can make it, I'll definitely bring it. @Mrcojocaru also has VX but not sure he knows about this event.

Also will just tag @Darthpool here too, since I just texted him about this event. :)

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 2:58 PM Post #39 of 142
Does anyone have a DAP with coax or optical output I can borrow for the meet? Will bring my own flac in an mSD card but hoping someone has a X5iii or x7ii I can use or similar? Just needs to be able to play Flac and output to coax/optical.

My x7ii bricked during update

Awesome!
I have both a FiiO X5ii and X5iii with coax out. I will bring one or both for you to use.

John

After a moment’s thought, I suspect you prefer the X5iii, as it has WiFi to Tidal (if the venue has WiFi).

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2019 at 10:31 PM Post #40 of 142
Aug 22, 2019 at 1:07 AM Post #42 of 142
If it helps people come, I'll buy the meet two dozen donuts. There's literally a top pot donut on the same block :doughnut:

The x7ii allows optical output which the Hugo 2 prefers!! That'd be great
♥️♥️♥️ Dough nuts❤️❤️❤️

Aug 22, 2019 at 4:53 AM Post #43 of 142
Aug 22, 2019 at 11:27 PM Post #44 of 142
Aug 23, 2019 at 2:26 AM Post #45 of 142
I should be able to make it up to Seattle for this meet.

The only interesting new gear I have that I haven't brought to a meet before is an AudioQuest Nighthawk Carbon. It's an "interesting" sounding headphone. You'll like it or you won't. A good toy to bring to a meet so y'all can try it.

I got a Hidizs Sonata HD DAC USB-C dongle. I got it because I now have a Pixel 3 phone with no headphone jack. So I'm on a quest to find a suitable headphone jack for it. The Hidizs isn't it. It harshes my mellow. It isn't good headphone amp/dac sound for me. I'll bring it. If anyone is curious you can try it.

I'm still looking for a suitable portable USB-C connectable DAC and headphone jack to use with my phone and other devices. If anyone has anything of that sort and can bring it to the meet I'll be interested in trying it. I've gotten interested in the iFi xDSD and am considering it. If anyone has the iFi xDSD I'd like to try it.

Otherwise I'll bring what I brought to the last meet.
Cavalli Liquid Glass (Psvane CV181-TII new production tubes)
Cavalli Liquid Platinum (Gold Lion new production tubes)
A cold Gungnir Multibit DAC (original version)
LCD-2 Classic, HD-6xx, Oppo PM-2, and maybe some others

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back