SEATTLE MEET @ FRONT PANEL EXPRESS 1/21/2012
Jan 19, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #496 of 569
Starting to pack the rest of my gear. Heck of a day. Any more ideas to go after we set up tomorrow?

Jan 19, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #497 of 569
The 21st is finally upon us!  
beyersmile.png

Let's hope all this snow and ice melts in time...

BIG POPPA, is there anything we should know ahead of time regarding bringing our gear?  Should we bring a powerstrip?  Will there be enough tables or are there going to be time slots?  I'd also like to make my way around and listen to others' gear.  I am attending by myself and would rather not leave my things unattended...

Jan 19, 2012 at 3:35 PM Post #498 of 569
The trick to listening gear is to have another head-fier like me to attend your gear while you listen to other gear. Yes Please bring Power Strips. It should be standard equipment with gear brought to a meet. Used to ask for them in the earlier meets, now everyone seems to have them. Please listen to all the gear you can and have your questions ready. THIS IS THE PLACE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS AND TRY YOUR GEAR WITH OTHER GEAR TO SEE HOW IT SOUNDS. Not just read about it in the forums. And have fun.

Jan 19, 2012 at 3:47 PM Post #499 of 569
Just remember please.. smell decent, no WET hair or GEL in your hair..especially around electrostat rigs (i will be bringing mine). 

No man handling the headphones like i have seen some people do at meets (a couple of friends are guilty of this too..get so irked by it). 

Treat all gear with respect. 

If you have questions or doubts before listening to a system, ask the person who owns the system on how to operate it please, don't feel shy about it.

Looks like the roads are starting to clear up. Hopefully the heavily affected area from longview to Olympia and tacoma will get better in the next day and half.

Jan 19, 2012 at 4:49 PM Post #501 of 569

Hopefully by tomorow morning.
I am planning travel by ear, if local folks could update us out of towners with updated conditions tomorrow it would be appreciated!

Quote:
I am a bit north of Seattle, but it is still snowing here, when is the rain coming!

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #502 of 569
I'm in Olympia & I think we, along with Chehalis, got the worst of the weather that's hit the Sound area.  I'm also pretty confident if it's clearing up in our area, the rest of I-5 up to Seattle will be ok.  I'll let you guys know how it looks tomorrow.. right now, it's drizzling 'freezing' rain (no snow in the last day or so).. supposed to thaw out tomorrow.

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:31 PM Post #503 of 569
I'm in Fremont, Seattle (just north of downtown) and it's been snowing non-stop all day.  Still below 30 and no melting yet.  Supposed to warm up tonight...

Jan 19, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #504 of 569
Are we allowed to attend without bringing gear? I would like to listen to some of the setups!

I've never been to one of these things.

Is it too late to sign up? I didn't see this thread until now

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:14 PM Post #505 of 569
Absolutely, come and enjoy the meet. This one is coming along nicely.

Quote:
Are we allowed to attend without bringing gear? I would like to listen to some of the setups!

I've never been to one of these things.

Is it too late to sign up? I didn't see this thread until now

Jan 19, 2012 at 6:37 PM Post #506 of 569

Situation is not any better in Poulsbo. Lots of SUVs backwards on the side of hiway 3 from what I hear ("It's OK to go 60, we have 4wheel-WHOOOOOOOA!!"). Ice storm hit this morning and still snowing a bit now. I have a set of fancy Yokohama ice tires on one Merc and I still don't like driving in this junk.

My daughter Kate and her dog Daisy on a morning walk in the woods. Hiking in the snowy woods and shooting pix is a lot more fun than driving on ice...

Everyone just back from sledding. Time to fire up the HT, hunker down with a Netflik and wait for the 5 o'clock Martini.You just have to learn the proper survival skills to get through these major disasters.

Jan 19, 2012 at 7:13 PM Post #508 of 569
Bring your Ipod it will make it more fun for you listening to your music.

Jan 19, 2012 at 7:29 PM Post #509 of 569
My work currently takes me right around the corner from the location in the adjacent parking lot right behind Front Panel.  Today that parking lot was a sheet of thick ice. Work let us out at 3 this afternoon and everything is still a mess down there, especially the parking lots.  But have no fear - much warmer weather is in the forecast along with rain and, well, more rain.  Should clear off those roads and hopefully those parking lots.  Doc B - A bunch of folks made it in today from Bainbridge, but NOT from Vashon (that hill down to the Vashon ferry must've been a nightmare).  Don't know how well they made it home though. Not sure if I'm going to be able to make it on Saturday myself as I may have work to catch up on.  Drive safely everyone.

Jan 19, 2012 at 7:51 PM Post #510 of 569
Bainbridge can be somewhat different conditions than here in Poulsbo, which makes it a crap shoot sometimes when driving the ten miles to the office. My son Colin's friend Konnor just pulled up in his chained-up VW bus. Snow packed over the ice here today, so it's slow going but possible to get around. 20 yo kids have a lot more patience about chaining up just to go to Starbucks than I would. Konnor works at Central Market, the chi-chi grocery in town. He said customers were sledding down the hill above the store and towing their groceries back home in the sled.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back