SEATTLE MEET @ FRONT PANEL EXPRESS 1/21/2012
Jan 20, 2012 at 6:13 PM Post #541 of 569
It isn't looking good for me either coming up from Portland.  I was going to head up tonight and stay in Seattle but the road conditions are still questionable in the Olympia area.

I'll check back tomorrow morning, but unfortunately it's looking like I won't be able to make this one.

Gah I've been meaning to head to this NW meet for awhile (this is the second one I've missed out on).  Hopefully I can find a way to make it up there tomorrow or... 3rd time is the charm I guess

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:47 PM Post #542 of 569

Quote:
@Doc: Lovely photo, lovely subject.

How in the heck did she get YOUR genes, seeing as yourn as ugly as sin?  Must have been your lovely wife making up for you...
wink_face.gif

I hear you. Luckily both kids did get a lot of their looks from their mom's side (though Kate looks a lot like my mom did at that age - unfortunately I'm a ringer for my old man...). Otherwise they would probably be destined to spend their lives in a side show.

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #543 of 569
Sbradley came up from Hood River today, he is meeting up with us here pretty soon. There is a lot of water on the roads around the sound, but everything is doable! Stay safe guys, hope everyone can still make it. 

If your already here, join us for a cold one this evening.

Jan 20, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #544 of 569
I would imagine with all this warm rain, the freeways should be clear by tommorow. The freeways up in the seattle area are clear. As the warm rain hits the roads, it will be easy to plow the slush off. I know in my neighborhood, the snow has went from 8in on the road to about 2 in and the back roads where they get some traffic on them now have tracks down to the cement which they were all compact snow and ice this morning. It seems to being melting really quick. It has only been raining for about 1.5 hours and it is already making a huge difference, but we will see. Just took a look at the cams in the seattle, tacoma, and olympia area and they look pretty clear and wet.  http://www.wsdot.com/traffic/olympia/default.aspx?cam=3079

Jan 20, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #545 of 569

Quote:
Sbradley came up from Hood River today, he is meeting up with us here pretty soon. There is a lot of water on the roads around the sound, but everything is doable! Stay safe guys, hope everyone can still make it. 

If your already here, join us for a cold one this evening.

Can you ask Seth if I5 was doable with no chains or snow tires?

ANy water logged areas?

WIll be packing up the gear tonight. Will try to stop by Voodoo on my way out for you Gil :)

Jan 20, 2012 at 7:38 PM Post #546 of 569
Well, I just shoveled out a little spot for my car to get out of the carport, but I won't be making it out tonight.  The roads here in the condo complex are still choked with slushy nonsense, and while I can get out of the place well enough now, when they close the side gate in the evening I'd have to drive through the whole twisty hilly slushy sometimes icy mess.  Having the private access road for the complex is nice sometimes, but not right now.

Jan 20, 2012 at 8:08 PM Post #547 of 569
Anybody know approximately what time will the meet be over?

Jan 20, 2012 at 9:01 PM Post #548 of 569
Hey gang.. another update from Tumwater.. TV, internet, & cell phone coverage had been out for us most of the day (came back a couple of hours ago)..

We've had a steady dose of rain today and the roads are much better.  Side roads are slushy but the main roads in town are fine.  I'm going to take a stroll up and down I-5 to see how the roads look in a bit.. should be doable as long as drivers are careful and leave some extra time.

Jan 20, 2012 at 9:31 PM Post #549 of 569

He doesn't have chains or snow tires. He said getting out of Hood River was the only iffy area, and it was still pretty easy.
Quote:

Can you ask Seth if I5 was doable with no chains or snow tires?

ANy water logged areas?

WIll be packing up the gear tonight. Will try to stop by Voodoo on my way out for you Gil :)

Jan 20, 2012 at 10:04 PM Post #551 of 569
Hi guys, it looks now like I cannot make it tomorrow, a snow week with no business means I need to be at work later than I had anticipated. So my 009's won't be there; which a few people had wanted to hear. I wanted to give advance notice.

Sachu, I have no power to my audio barn so I'm afraid a listening visit cannot work this weekend. I have a 11kva NG generator for my house but it does not cover the barn.

sorry. I'll do my best to make it next time. I have no Internet at home and I'm doing this from an iPhone that is very slow.

Jan 21, 2012 at 1:17 AM Post #555 of 569
The warmer temps and rain seem to be thawing the roads pretty quickly.  However, parking lots and less busy streets are disgustingly slushy still...

Can't speak for those coming from out of town, but I think getting around Seattle is very doable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back