SEATTLE MEET @ FRONT PANEL EXPRESS 1/21/2012
Jan 17, 2012 at 9:03 PM Post #466 of 569
Seattle Head-fi is providing finger food and some bottle water for the meet. We did rent a few extra tables and chairs because of the larger attendee list. And we got a little more space than anticipated. Meet is shaping up very nice. After meet may shape up nicer. List has been sent. It is a big list. We added a few people.

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:49 PM Post #467 of 569
Seattle Head-fi is providing finger food and some bottle water for the meet. We did rent a few extra tables and chairs because of the larger attendee list. And we got a little more space than anticipated. Meet is shaping up very nice. After meet may shape up nicer. List has been sent. It is a big list. We added a few people.

waynes-world_l.jpg

Jan 17, 2012 at 9:58 PM Post #468 of 569
Anybody have any specific testing songs that they like to use?

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:40 PM Post #470 of 569
Absolutely not. Everybody has their go to Cd's or songs no mater what. I have a few got cd's and songs to judge gear buy. Lately it is Angels and Airwaves, Supercommuter, Any Mapleshade CD's, Avette Brothers, Akon, and Vendetta Red. I buy so much music so I may have missed a few.

Quote:
Quote:
Anybody have any specific testing songs that they like to use?

Depends on the headphone, the source, and the amp.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #471 of 569

Quote:
Absolutely not. Everybody has their go to Cd's or songs no mater what. I have a few got cd's and songs to judge gear buy. Lately it is Angels and Airwaves, Supercommuter, Any Mapleshade CD's, Avette Brothers, Akon, and Vendetta Red. I buy so much music so I may have missed a few.

What's in bold, true.IMO, depends on what you mean though. I do have one album that I judge everything on, but I judge different albums based on what music is said to be good with the headphone. But I guess it's always good to have your music and one thing to judge on when getting headphones and such.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:48 PM Post #472 of 569
One album, you are limiting yourself. Easy Street Records West Seattle knows me very well. I get a few  FREE CD's a year. Have the card that gets stamped. The secret of this hobby is not the gear. It is the music you pump through it. I try to get new music every Tuesday when it it comes out. This month has been lean.

Quote:
Quote:

What's in bold, true.IMO, depends on what you mean though. I do have one album that I judge everything on, but I judge different albums based on what music is said to be good with the headphone. But I guess it's always good to have your music and one thing to judge on when getting headphones and such.

Jan 17, 2012 at 10:59 PM Post #473 of 569

Quote:
One album, you are limiting yourself. Easy Street Records West Seattle knows me very well. I get a few  FREE CD's a year. Have the card that gets stamped. The secret of this hobby is not the gear. It is the music you pump through it. I try to get new music every Tuesday when it it comes out. This month has been lean.

Now, I totally agree! That's why I'm trying to get rid of the excess gear I have and make room for just the HA-160DS and my HD650. Whenever there's a new album release, I'm always off on my way to Target or Wal-Mart to pick it up. I just recently bought Chevelle's new album Hats off to the Bull (albeit poorly recorded).

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:24 AM Post #474 of 569
Now what are the ideas to go after the set up? Smarty Pants, 9lb hammer, or Stellar are good ideas?

Jan 18, 2012 at 11:41 AM Post #476 of 569
Starting to pack gear. At least the heavy stuff. Pulling my rig apart. Arcam 73t and the Sansui 9090db coming off the shelf. Getting more excited about the meet. I get to bring gear to this one.
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:24 PM Post #477 of 569
Too easrly to take the gear apart. its a snow day. Will get a lot of listening time today.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:26 PM Post #478 of 569
Ok guys looks promising that I may come though my Mini Torii is not here yet and probably wont have it until next week or the following week.  So I wont be bring any gear with me this time but will still be fun to listen to stuff.  Sounds like a great turn out.

Jan 18, 2012 at 12:32 PM Post #479 of 569
If the snow permits, it looks like this meet is gonna be crazy.  I've never seen so many names on the list before.

Jan 18, 2012 at 1:01 PM Post #480 of 569
Have the the New Portaphile 627, New Livewires trips, B&W P5's, New Ipod USB for Istreamer and a few new things to play with.

Quote:
Too easrly to take the gear apart. its a snow day. Will get a lot of listening time today.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back