Searching for Sweet and Warm IEM for 250$
Dec 4, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #61 of 87

Quote:
Finally, they have read the emails and they are going to contact with EMS :)

I'm happy to hear things are working out for you. I'm still a bit baffled that I got faster service than you and that technically the company is based farther away from my location to yours. Then again I was dealing with the US branch which would explain things.

Dec 9, 2011 at 8:08 PM Post #62 of 87
Utterly disgusted with mainland china, can't believe they can do that, very unprofessional and dumb-founding on Hifiman's part and all they had to do was to set up an office in Hong Kong and all of that can be avoided.

Dec 10, 2011 at 1:19 AM Post #63 of 87

Quote:
Utterly disgusted with mainland china, can't believe they can do that, very unprofessional and dumb-founding on Hifiman's part and all they had to do was to set up an office in Hong Kong and all of that can be avoided.

Office means money. So they will do whatever to cut corners to save a dime :).

Dec 10, 2011 at 2:02 AM Post #64 of 87

Quote:
Office means money. So they will do whatever to cut corners to save a dime :).

Thats Head Direct. In general, their build quality is very mediocre. The HM-601 I have from them is probably one of their best build products, and that really doesn't say much..

Dec 10, 2011 at 3:54 AM Post #65 of 87
I think it's why I still haven't been back to China since the 90s. :p  Well aside from that being Australian. hah

Dec 12, 2011 at 5:56 AM Post #66 of 87
Today the IMS tracking says:  "Item was not collected by the addressee and is being returned to the sender"

It seems that Head-Direct has not contacted with them to arrange the delivery, so they will send the faulty unit back back to me. And I do not have further news from them. 
mad.gif

If this is not solved soon, I think I should change the title of this thread to something like "Anything but Hifi-Man". Since they are sponsors of this forum, they should provide more attentive customer service.

Dec 12, 2011 at 6:41 AM Post #67 of 87
Wow....tats crazy man, confiscation!

In contrast, I actually had a good experience with the ef5 / he5 combo.
No cracks, big lively sound.

If I am thinking of a warm iem, I would go for the monster gold,
it's euphonic to my ears, smooth liquid gold.
But if u have narrow ear canal, skip..:p

Dec 12, 2011 at 7:35 AM Post #68 of 87

Quote:

Thats Head Direct. In general, their build quality is very mediocre. The HM-601 I have from them is probably one of their best build products, and that really doesn't say much..

Yeah my first Hifiman 601 came DOA. The right channel had no music. They fixed the problem by sending a unit the next week once they were in stock (USA). Then I sent the defective unit back via the UPS box they provided along with the return label they provided.

Dec 15, 2011 at 5:40 AM Post #70 of 87
Dear Pingfloid and all,

I apologize that I am extremely busy in these weeks and did not come to headfi very often.

I am reading your email right now. We can ship another 262 to you asap if you can email your address to my email head.direct@gmail.com.

I have to apologize for our Hongkong address problem because three weeks ago, the previous address in Hongkong was moved but the post box company did not inform us in time. We have a new Hong Kong address right now and it works fine. 

I have to say that the build quality is very good. We have improved our product build quality by modifying our design step by step. For example, we changed our IEM cables for three or four times during previous two to three years. Our currently earphone cable can pass swing test form more than 10,000 times. (Regular earphones on the market only can do about 6000 times.) We also improved casing design for RE0 and RE-ZERO. Our current return ratial is much less than pervious years. 

Currently I have hired several new structure and software engineer have experience in some famous companies such as Nokia. You guys will see the good move in our next generation products. 

To Kanashimu, Please email me to head.direct@gmail.com and let us know your story because I don't know about your return items got lost. We will like to reimburse your lost asap. 

Best,
Fang
Founder
Head-Direct 
HIFIMAN
Quote:
  1. Source: Cowon J3
  2. Amplifier: Practical Devices XM6
  3. Budget: ~250$
  4. Music: Progressive Rock (Camel rather than Dream Theater), Blues, Classical, jazz.

As I get older, I am tending to press the "Skip to Next Track" button more often when the music is too fast or stressful.

I am searching for an earphone, or IEM that can provide sweet and warm mids and highs.

After reading kilometric posts, and the great "Multi IEM review" thread,I am considering the Audio-Technica CK10 and HiFiMan RE272. Am I in the right track with this options, if my target is "non fatigue", "sweet trebble", "pleasant mids" and "clear bass"?

The cheapest CK10 I have found so far is $300 in Ebay (including shipping to Thailand) that is what is making the cheaper RE272 a second interesting option. I will appreciate any other thoughts.

EDIT 14-Dec-2011:
I change the title of the thread to call the attention from HifiMan Customer Service
I have received a faulty RE-262. I returned them for a replacement on 25-Nov, and I am still waiting for a solution. (read from post #38)
frown.gif

[size=medium]I apologize for using a public forum to call their attention, but I am not getting a response from them.[/size]

HiFiMAN Innovating the art of listening. Stay updated on HiFiMAN at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://hifiman.com
Dec 15, 2011 at 7:08 AM Post #73 of 87

Quote:
Its supposed to be Mr. Fang Bian, or "Mr. Convenient" in Chinese.

方便 is the phrase I believe.

Edit - Mr. Fang Bian saw my posts in this thread and has contacted me. I wonder if he can do anything to set things straight. I'll keep you posted. I would be enormously grateful if Head Direct could help me.

Thanks for clarifying that. I thought that was a typo and not an insult (at first I wondered though lol) :)

Dec 15, 2011 at 7:16 AM Post #74 of 87
Good job Fang. I found your customer service to be very good here in the USA (shipped out a replacement 601 before I had to return the defective unit). If that's not good customer service I don't know what is.

Dec 15, 2011 at 7:53 AM Post #75 of 87
Quote:
I'm really enjoying my RE272 .. after a month of use they're sounding even better more detailed.. which sounds impossible. 

I do not doubt it. Everybody seems to enjoy their Hifi-Man products, and there are very nice reviews about the RE-262. I am very impatient to receive one that is properly working.

Considering the big number of users of their products on this forum, I understand that my faulty unit is a bad luck exception, and the silence from the Customer Service response has just been a temporary lapse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back