Schiit we'd like to see
Jun 17, 2014 at 5:19 AM Post #136 of 429
I'd love to see a Schiit CD transport (no internal DAC) in the same form factor as the Bifrost. 

Oohh, this ^

Also, probably has been mentioned already but-

1.) Phono Preamp

2.) Bifrost with two analog outs as I listen to my stereo as much as my asgard and cans and would rather run straight out of the dac for both instead of the record out of my speaker amp.

2.) A small tube stereo power amp (15watt) as someone else mentioned, a "Lyr on steroids". Could be cool to use a Lyr or Valhalla as a preamp for a nice tube separate rig.

This could build a complete and very versatile Schiit pile- Transport and/or phono preamp--> Lyr/Valhalla/Asgard --> Tube power amp

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:12 AM Post #137 of 429
Oohh, this ^

Also, probably has been mentioned already but-

1.) Phono Preamp

2.) Bifrost with two analog outs as I listen to my stereo as much as my asgard and cans and would rather run straight out of the dac for both instead of the record out of my speaker amp.

2.) A small tube stereo power amp (15watt) as someone else mentioned, a "Lyr on steroids". Could be cool to use a Lyr or Valhalla as a preamp for a nice tube separate rig.

This could build a complete and very versatile Schiit pile- Transport and/or phono preamp--> Lyr/Valhalla/Asgard --> Tube power amp

1. Phono preamp is already out..... it is called the "mani" I don't see it on the website yet.

2. Would be awesome and make it the absolute perfect DAC..... not that it is bad now...

Jun 17, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #138 of 429
2.) Bifrost with two analog outs as I listen to my stereo as much as my asgard and cans and would rather run straight out of the dac for both instead of the record out of my speake

I actually emailed Schiit about this. They said to just use a splitter out of the Bifrost... And that it would a not degrade the signal. Like this:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0002KRCUE

Jun 23, 2014 at 12:29 PM Post #139 of 429
How about some Schiit Stands? (seriously, not just for the pun) Extra points if you build some small ones from the reject metal of the larger models.

Or a power supply for the Magni/Modi/Loki in the same chassis to replace the cheap walwart?

Jun 30, 2014 at 6:26 PM Post #142 of 429
Black cabinets.

I have brightened the photo so that the compartments can be seen. I had originally wanted to build a cabinet for it, but to enclose it would block the airflow as well as block any access to the tubes themselves. I then thought about making a vent for the whole stack and a section of the cabinet open to remove the tubes. I then thought of leaving the Lyr alone and just building a small box around the Bifrost, but then, the whole thing just became pointless after that.

I specifically made the smaller compartments for the SYS and any other future mini-Schiit.

This is actually a section of a riser system that I have designed and built for a standard sized folding table that I use in my dorm room. 

Jul 12, 2014 at 10:47 AM Post #144 of 429
Computers generally don't like feeding multiple audio usb devices simultaneously. That's just going to degrade sound quality (or not work at all) and a hub won't really help that.

Jul 12, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #145 of 429
  Computers generally don't like feeding multiple audio usb devices simultaneously. That's just going to degrade sound quality (or not work at all) and a hub won't really help that.

Actually what he said was several sources going into a hub feeding  single DAC, or a Decrapifier with at least two inputs:

Schiit USB Hub needed so  the sources are connected to the Hub and the Hub feeds DAC

Jul 12, 2014 at 1:57 PM Post #146 of 429
So... it's a switch then? Unless he wants to connect multiple computers via usb to a single dac?

Jul 12, 2014 at 2:33 PM Post #147 of 429
What I have is a CD Player, PC & CD Ripper Streamer HDD Player as sources so I need either a DAC that can handle more than one USB input, however the Bifrost is very good and to better the sound Quality with the additional inputs I feel I would have spend 4 times the amount. Plus just got delivery of the upgrade for USB and Analogue boards for the Bifrost and they are doing rather well. Don't Really want to change DACs.

Jul 12, 2014 at 2:45 PM Post #149 of 429
Revo mini really nice table from the UK 
https://www.theaudioworks.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/09/17-300x207.jpg
have a look,
sorry could post a picture as my is not activated for that

Jul 12, 2014 at 3:31 PM Post #150 of 429
There are no dacs that I know of with multiple usb inputs. You could maybe use a usb switch of some sort, but usb devices aren't meant for switching on-the-fly so to speak.

What are the outputs on your cd player and streamer? If they have optical and coax, you could potentially feed all individually into the Bifrost. Plug your computer into the bifrost in via usb. Plug the Loki in via another usb. Take the Bifrost rca outputs into the Loki analog input. Run the Loki outputs to your amp. Now you've got everything hooked up. When you aren't playing DSD, the Loki is just a passthrough for the Bifrost.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back