Schiit we'd like to see
May 13, 2014 at 1:51 AM Post #106 of 429
Yeah, because that's the same thing as a professional company making one.

And there have been plenty of amp/dacs that have no discernible noise. Just sounds like tech-snobbery.

Proud and super happy owner of a very quiet Audio GD 
  I would like to have a Schiit portable amp capable of driving HD800 / T1. Maybe price it to compete with the HiFi-M8?

Agree'd, a portable Schiit Vali would be pretty awesome, ofc how do you manage the heat and provide it with enough power... either way their is a rather nifty chinnese portable... some Squared  like the Analog Squared? Either way, anything portable from these guys would be very cool 
  They've already said why not, that's why I'm wondering why people keep asking, but your point is totally fair that people should be able to ask for what they want. They've said the thing that is hard is designing the equipment to operate in the same box. There are special considerations to eliminate the digital noise in the analog equipment. Isn't this why we're all buying external DACs anyway? Because the ones in our computers are crap and operating with a ton of different digital noise and a switching power supply? I understand that Woo, Audio-GD and tons of other companies have made outstanding DAC/amp combos, but Schiit doesn't have the same design philosophy as them. You can't take a piece of equipment that was designed to operate by itself and just stick it in the amp housing, the design would need to be changed to withstand the digital noise you just introduced into that box.

We don't know what the chances are of upgrades. It depends on what other kinds of technology Schiit comes out with. The analog section could change to different kinds, which it already has with what they learned with Mjolnir, the USB card could add more functionality and compatibility, USB standards may change, any number of things that we don't know anything about might happen.

As far as the "elegance" argument, I was just trying to understand where people are coming from with that. It's not something that ever even crossed my mind. I think the two Schiit stacks that I own are gorgeous, but yes, my bias is pretty obvious, as I have drank from the Schiit Kool-Aid fountain, and it was good. Damn them marketing tricks.

I wonder though, if they will, they have cleary stated they do not want to, but well if your remember Mike was not fond of USB... there may come a need or rather desire for Schiit to get into the Combo market, combo Dac Amp Portables are a huge market right now for LapTop users and some phone users

Still What I like about my hm801 is it has a rather modular amp board inside of it, which makes me wonder, what are the possibilities of making some kind of Modular unit ofc though are the costs of doing that though... still it's Schiit, I had the Vali, I loved it, a bit to noisy with my own headphones all 32 ohm dynamics, but it sounded truthfully pretty wonderfull with my 600 ohm DT 880! I was well I drank some Schiit Kool Aid and I was also impressed 

Still I'm always a fan of made in America So I would again Love to see what they can do 

May 27, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #107 of 429
Oh Jason, while you're hard at work on a all-in-one disgusting mess -- might as well throw a display in there.

May 27, 2014 at 9:52 PM Post #108 of 429
  Oh Jason, while you're hard at work on a all-in-one disgusting mess -- might as well throw a display in there.

So the it would essentially be an Oppo HA-1. I really think Schiit should do something there aren't already a whole bunch of like a relatively powerful transformer coupled tube headphone amp. The only other one on the market really is the WA-6, and they are versatile amps that pair well with many different headphones. 

May 27, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #109 of 429
  So the it would essentially be an Oppo HA-1. I really think Schiit should do something there aren't already a whole bunch of like a relatively powerful transformer coupled tube headphone amp. The only other one on the market really is the WA-6, and they are versatile amps that pair well with many different headphones. 

It would be pretty terrible. More different topologies is a possibility, but it seems to me Jason plays around
with enough ideas as it is. Look at the horrendous DSD -- they came up with something for that gross platform.
So anything is possible, unfortunately.

Er, puts foot directly up, uh, Schiit's on a roll lately. 

May 31, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #112 of 429
Would love to see a solid state amp between the A2 and Mjolnir price range.

May 31, 2014 at 6:47 AM Post #113 of 429

Agreed! I know this is a big release year for them so maybe we will get one later this year.

May 31, 2014 at 2:07 PM Post #114 of 429
I know this sounds silly, but I bet if they sold a Modi with USB AND Optical, people would buy it. Even at $175-$200.
Don't even know if this is even possible. I guess at that price I could just buy both.

Modi is definitely their best budget product IMO. I bet it's also their best seller, but maybe not..

Something in between the Modi and Bifrost would be cool. I can't really afford the Bifrost. Pretty sure someone already asked for this.

May 31, 2014 at 6:45 PM Post #115 of 429
Filling price points doesn't seem to be the Schiit way.

Jun 2, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #116 of 429

What is it you don't like in Asgard 2? I assume you'd like something with more power, but still single-ended?

Jun 3, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #117 of 429
There's nothing I dislike about it per ce, it just doesn't strike me as particularly "high-end". Mjolnir then again is balanced-only, which is a boat I'm not planning to hop on any time soon, if ever.

Jun 3, 2014 at 8:39 AM Post #118 of 429
There's nothing I dislike about it per ce, it just doesn't strike me as particularly "high-end".

So I guess the problem is that its price is just too low for some people to perceive it as "high-end". It just reminds me, what a great value it is.

Jun 9, 2014 at 6:23 AM Post #120 of 429
Wow, all-in-ones being a disgusting mess? People are truly just utterly ridiculous. Even someone as OBJECTIVE as that one guy sold an all-in-one variant.

Pardon me for wanting Schiit to fill in all sorts of gaps and potential consumers.

Gotta love the snobbery

Users who are viewing this thread

Back