Schiit we'd like to see
Apr 18, 2014 at 11:00 PM Post #76 of 429
  1. Bifrost 2 (with USB and Uber incorporated)
2. Something between Loki and Bifrost
3. Portable headphone amp

k701smile.gif

1. No reason Bifrost is upgradable. :wink:
2. loki is not a stand alone dac so you meant modi and bifrost
3. Maybe,would be cool. 

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:29 AM Post #81 of 429
The upgrade path on the Bifrost is really nice; but it makes the initial purchase that much harder to justify.  I'm happy with my Modi; though a bifrost would be better.   300 entry much easier to justify than 500 though.  

Fix maybe be too add a discount if buying all at once? (Bifrost+upgrades upfront cheaper than Bifrost then later upgrades).  This would somewhat go against the Schiit 'no sales, best price upfront' approach, but it would help with the current cost-creep on the Bifrost for 'need all the upgrades!' compulsives like myself 

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:38 AM Post #82 of 429
  The upgrade path on the Bifrost is really nice; but it makes the initial purchase that much harder to justify.  I'm happy with my Modi; though a bifrost would be better.   300 entry much easier to justify than 500 though.  

Fix maybe be too add a discount if buying all at once? (Bifrost+upgrades upfront cheaper than Bifrost then later upgrades).  This would somewhat go against the Schiit 'no sales, best price upfront' approach, but it would help with the current cost-creep on the Bifrost for 'need all the upgrades!' compulsives like myself 

Which double checking; they currently give an 80usd price cut if ordering from the start; so I'm just whining that there's more toys I want now.. :)

Apr 24, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #83 of 429
I know Schiit will hate this one, but I would definitely pay $99 for a desktop or portable amp with...op-amps!
I love being able to switch those out easily. I know some say this doesn't change the sound at all, but that hasn't been my experience.

I know it won't be as technically as good as their other desktop amps, but that's OK.

PS. I really like the sound of the OPA2134. That seems to work well with most AKG headphones and the HD-650.

An under $100 portable amp would be amazing..

BTW I love the idea of that Modi with optical (that's available). Perfect for using near the TV for with a Blu-Ray/DVD player or my Xbox 360.

Apr 30, 2014 at 9:53 AM Post #85 of 429

Haha yeah I agree. I kinda wanted to purchase a Bitfrost but being a perfectionist I know i'd feel "incomplete" buying the Bitfrost without upgrade... However with the upgrade it's kind of expensive. Especially coming from a 99$ Modi. Would be nice to have a 225-250$ amp inbetween.

May 1, 2014 at 12:42 PM Post #86 of 429
A battery powered Mjolnir?  Or a battery powered Ragnarok?  My mains is so Fubar I'm going completely off the grid and sadly that means waving goodbye to the Mjolnir, if I can bring myself to sell it.  

Battery powered alternatives capable of driving the HD800s properly are very limited, with Red Wine Audio and Bakoon on a rather short list.  Ideally the amp would have 8 hours run-time, or else constantly trickle charge whilst providing total isolation from the mains supply.  I've tried a crapload of mains products and none of them were perfect solutions (some failed to resolve the issues, others caused their own issues and I just traded one for the other).

I don't suppose anyone does battery mods for the Mjolnir already?

Edit: just a 12v unregulated input would be fine, so we can hook up a car battery!

May 1, 2014 at 1:15 PM Post #87 of 429
Oh, and one more thing...

A headphone power amp.  Battery powered as above, but with s/e and balanced inputs like the Mojo, no preamp output or volume pot and 2x3pin balanced outputs.

Thanks in advance :)

May 1, 2014 at 1:36 PM Post #88 of 429
I wanted to see a Modi with optical in, but evidently that's a thing already.

It would be interesting to see a Mjolnir level tube amp.

May 8, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #89 of 429
1. A Valhalla 2 with gain switches and pre outs
2. Ragnarok's power amp as a standalone
3. A portable amp. My god that april fools post about the schitt portable amp made me cry a bit when i realized it's fake
4. A switch box with five inputs, and a pair of outputs
5. Colors! Red would be so nice on the schitt line

May 8, 2014 at 4:47 AM Post #90 of 429
For the love of god: An amp/dac all in one. It's high time Schiit did one for convenience.

Simply a Magni or Vali with a Modi usb AND optical in an Asgard sized casing would be great.

Amp
optical AND usb dac
Rca input
Gain switch and input switch in front.

$300 range

You already have a large variety of single pieces. Some of us tend to be minimalists, and one piece of equipment would be a boon.

Expand your horizons and do your best to curb your distaste for all in ones. I would love to own a Schiit like this. Loved the Lyr, Asgard 2, Modi, and Magni. I'm a fan. I would be even more so if there was an all in one in the Schiit arsenal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back