Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread.
Jan 10, 2021 at 12:50 PM Post #1,456 of 2,717
All gone!! You must REALLY be loving those CV-4033s!! :D

Jan 10, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #1,457 of 2,717
All gone!! You must REALLY be loving those CV-4033s!! :D
Yes sir, that was insanely fast and the first one interested bought the whole lot! I am loving the CV4033 and they are it for me. I have never heard such an amazingly lifelike sound and synergy, with my Atticus.

The way the CV4033 is able to project the stage forward and backwards (3D/Holographic), to completely envelope you in sound, really adds another dimension I have not heard in headphones until now. The seperation of instruments detail and imaging within that stage is incredible, and the speed, impact and natural decay of the notes, really adds to the sense of realism. Man, I could go on and on about this tube, but what I just described is what stands out the most.

My ZMF Atticus, Gumby and the V2 w/ CV4033 has me rediscovering my music library all over again. I am hearing things in the recording I have never heard before and it's like hearing songs for the first time. Quite amazing for the price! My "Hot Rodded" Liquid Platinum has not been turned on since getting the CV4033 and is feeling neglected. Long live Schiit! :o2smile:

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2021 at 10:27 AM Post #1,458 of 2,717
Jan 11, 2021 at 1:43 PM Post #1,459 of 2,717
Hi, All, I’m new to tube-rolling and did a search through this thread for JHS 6189/12AU7WA tubes. Has anyone had experience with these tubes with the Valhalla? Got a pair for free, and wondering if they are compatible. Not knowing much about tubes, I’m hesitant to try these without reaching out to you all first. Thanks!

Jan 11, 2021 at 1:44 PM Post #1,460 of 2,717
They are not natively supported. You will need an adapter.

Jan 12, 2021 at 12:25 PM Post #1,461 of 2,717
Jan 16, 2021 at 3:39 AM Post #1,462 of 2,717
My ZMF Atticus, Gumby and the V2 w/ CV4033 has me rediscovering my music library all over again. I am hearing things in the recording I have never heard before and it's like hearing songs for the first time. Quite amazing for the price! My "Hot Rodded" Liquid Platinum has not been turned on since getting the CV4033 and is feeling neglected. Long live Schiit! :o2smile:
[/QUOTE]

Thank you for comparing all the tubes I have wondered about but could not afford to try myself and comparing them to one I had contemplated several times that was affordable. I have been listening to the Brimars for two days now and although I don't have the gear you do my Eitr, Mimby, Valhalla and slightly modified Elears sound like I have a new system!! Thanks again!!

Jan 22, 2021 at 5:23 PM Post #1,463 of 2,717
My Tubemonger Socket Savers (back in stock), have arrived, as well as my pair of Foton 6N6P Gold Grid Square Getters. This is gonna be a fun weekend. :o2smile:

This is an incredible tube combo folks, and is the best I have heard in headphones yet. It really is quite stunning, just how affordable this setup is, for how freaking good it sounds. Listening with my ZMF Atticus, it's as if I am "there", the headphones disappear and sound just fills the entire room. Quite the experience, and it's like hearing every song for the first time. You hear everything in the recording, which really adds to the lifelike experience.

A little tube glow, with the Foton 6N6P Gold Grid Square Shaped Foil Getter (earliest version) & Brimar CV4033 w/ Tubemonger Adapters and Socket Savers.

20210122_161056.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2021 at 6:08 PM Post #1,464 of 2,717
My Tubemonger Socket Savers (back in stock), have arrived, as well as my pair of Foton 6N6P Gold Grid Square Getters. This is gonna be a fun weekend. :o2smile:

This is an incredible tube combo folks, and is the best I have heard in headphones yet. It really is quite stunning, just how affordable this setup is, for how freaking good it sounds. I am "there", the headphones disappear and sound just fills the entire room. Quite the experience, and it's like hearing every song for the first time. You hear everything in the recording, which really adds to the lifelike experience.

A little tube glow, with the Foton 6N6P Gold Grid Square Shaped Foil Getter (earliest version) & Brimar CV4033 w/ Tubemonger Adapters and Socket Savers.

20210122_161056.jpg

Excuse my ignorance, but what's the difference between an adapter and a socket saver?

Jan 22, 2021 at 6:21 PM Post #1,465 of 2,717
An adapter adapts to allow one to use one tube type on an amp designed for another. A socket saver does not 'adapt' and is just a straight pin-to-pin passthough. It is often used to reduce wear on the amp socket from tube swapping or in my case to raise tubes higher for better heat dissipation.

This is an incredible tube combo folks, and is the best I have heard in headphones yet. It really is quite stunning, just how affordable this setup is, for how freaking good it sounds. I am "there", the headphones disappear and sound just fills the entire room. Quite the experience, and it's like hearing every song for the first time. You hear everything in the recording, which really adds to the lifelike experience.

OMG. That is my EXACT VH2 tube setup -- Foton Gold Grids and CV-4033 with TM socket savers! We are brothers from different mothers!! :D

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 4:11 AM Post #1,466 of 2,717
An adapter adapts to allow one to use one tube type on an amp designed for another. A socket saver does not 'adapt' and is just a straight pin-to-pin passthough. It is often used to reduce wear on the amp socket from tube swapping or in my case to raise tubes higher for better heat dissipation.

OMG. That is my EXACT VH2 tube setup -- Foton Gold Grids and CV-4033 with TM socket savers! We are brothers from different mothers!! :D
Man! This combo is insane bro! Glad to know, I am not the only one enjoying this. :beerchug: I really can't believe how good my Atticus sounds.

Jan 23, 2021 at 4:15 AM Post #1,467 of 2,717
Schiit Valhalla 2 = $350
Tubemonger Brimar CV4033 = $90 for a pair
Tubemonger 12AU7 to 6922 adapters = $50
Foton 6N6P Gold Grid = $30 for a pair

So, for around a total of $520, I am getting "TOTL" sound. Stunning! :o2smile:

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 4:42 AM Post #1,468 of 2,717
Listening to one of my all-time favorite songs, Punch Brothers - Julep, and I literally shed a tear. The music sounds so real, and you can feel the emotion. It's like I just sat in on a private performance with the Punch Brothers. :smile:

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 6:12 AM Post #1,469 of 2,717
Schiit Gungnir Multibit + Valhalla 2 w/ CV4033 & Foton 6N6P tubes + ZMF Atticus = End Game Sound.

Synergy is real.

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 7:23 AM Post #1,470 of 2,717

Schiit Valhalla 2 = $350
Tubemonger Brimar CV4033 = $90 for a pair
Tubemonger 12AU7 to 6922 adapters = $50
Foton 6N6P Gold Grid = $30 for a pair

So, for around a total of $520, I am getting "TOTL" sound. Stunning! :o2smile:

@Wes S and @Ripper2860 - what difference does the Foton make vs stock? I've seen people say the output tubes can't be rolled, but you're using the same class of tube, right? Please correct my mistakes (I'm fairly new to all of this)!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back