Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread.
Aug 15, 2021 at 5:07 AM Post #1,850 of 2,717
Hello all,

Can anyone recommend a good brand of "pro" audio cables for my Sennheiser 6xx? Since we are all using the Valhalla here, you know I can't use balanced cables so please keep that in mind with your recommendations. I understand there is an element of "snake oil" with a lot of these cables, but I can afford to buy my little bits of peace of mind

:) :)
Wywires has good reviews, a 40% off sale, and a 30-day trial. https://wywires.com/collections/wywires-heaphone-cables

Aug 15, 2021 at 1:50 PM Post #1,851 of 2,717
Aug 15, 2021 at 2:59 PM Post #1,852 of 2,717
Hello all,

Can anyone recommend a good brand of "pro" audio cables for my Sennheiser 6xx? Since we are all using the Valhalla here, you know I can't use balanced cables so please keep that in mind with your recommendations. I understand there is an element of "snake oil" with a lot of these cables, but I can afford to buy my little bits of peace of mind

:) :)
Corpse cables has some good options including stock cables that have better quality terminations.

Edit: I can't find stock cables on their site right now so they may no longer offer that as an option.

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #1,853 of 2,717
Damn, $730 bucks for a headphone cable? Does it let me hear the future? Is it made of Mithril and forged in the Misty Mountains by the Noldor? Maybe one day I will attain this level of baller but that day is not today :) :) :)
You asked for "pro" audio quality cables. The Wywires Red are $209.40 after discount and if you can't hear a difference worth that to you send them back for a refund.

Aug 15, 2021 at 7:16 PM Post #1,854 of 2,717
Damn, $730 bucks for a headphone cable? Does it let me hear the future? Is it made of Mithril and forged in the Misty Mountains by the Noldor? Maybe one day I will attain this level of baller but that day is not today :) :) :)
$730? I didn't see a cable for $730. $599 was the most expensive I saw. Minus 40% puts you at about $360 for the Platinum

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2021 at 7:27 PM Post #1,856 of 2,717
You asked for "pro" audio quality cables. The Wywires Red are $209.40 after discount and if you can't hear a difference worth that to you send them back for a refund.
Not having much experience with stereo cables, it would be a WILD risk for me to pay that much for a headphone cable. How much more advanced can the tech be than the normal Sennheiser cable? I imagine the answer may be "considerable" so I suppose I will keep looking. Also, the reason the one I had was priced so high is because I need it to be ten feet to my listening chair while i read :)

Aug 15, 2021 at 7:52 PM Post #1,858 of 2,717
So is OCC Litz silver the way to go?
Some people prefer all silver some all copper. For something like the hd650. I'd go silver.

The biggest difference for me with a premium cable was the resolution and clarity. Now.... is that attributed to the type of wire used, or is it the guage of wire used? I don't know.
What I do know is that the thickness in wire has impedance variations. Quality of the wire(impurities/tensile strength) produced would be another factor.

To end the derailment of this thread I suggest to anyone. If you're curious about anything in this hobby and you got the funds to stimulate that curiosity. Do it. There's a used market on here as well. Usually find things cheaper.

It's all subjective. Just another persons opinion on an audio forum lol.

Aug 15, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #1,859 of 2,717
Not having much experience with stereo cables, it would be a WILD risk for me to pay that much for a headphone cable. How much more advanced can the tech be than the normal Sennheiser cable? I imagine the answer may be "considerable" so I suppose I will keep looking. Also, the reason the one I had was priced so high is because I need it to be ten feet to my listening chair while i read :)
https://www.audioadvisor.com/prodinfo.asp?number=PGHPC

Aug 15, 2021 at 11:27 PM Post #1,860 of 2,717
Hey guys, I've started seeing balanced headphone wires but terminating with a single 1/4 end (with three black bands instead of 2). How do these work, and in what jacks can you use them? I do believe it explicitly mentions not to use them with the Valhalla 2 via a note in the box. So what are these for?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back