Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread.
Jul 6, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #1,622 of 2,717
OK. You've sufficiently beat me into submission. Let me go get some more printer ink so I can't print more money before ordering these 'magical' KB/FB CV-4033s. I'll mention you in my order, so keep an eye out for your commission check. :smirk:

BTW -- I edited my original post while you were posting the above. :wink:

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #1,624 of 2,717
Or keep dragging your feet and the decision will be made for you with the CV4033 being the only available tube... 😏

If I didn't drag my feet and bought on first mentions in this thread, I'd have the $45 Tubemongers in mail already lol

455s are like $80 CAD net more altogether fwiw

Jul 6, 2021 at 1:06 PM Post #1,625 of 2,717
If I didn't drag my feet and bought on first mentions in this thread, I'd have the $45 Tubemongers in mail already lol
And you would be very happy with your purchase. :D Maybe as much or maybe not as much as you would be with the 'unicorn' CV455 tubes, but very happy none-the-less. Ask @Guidostrunk how happy he was with the TMs before he cheated on them and fell head-over-heels for the Raytheon Unlines, then grew restless and played footsie with the Footscray. The TM CV-4033 was his 'end-game' until another came along. That's the nature of this affliction -- one is NEVER satisfied or faithful! :rolling_eyes:

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #1,626 of 2,717
And you would be very happy with your purchase. :D Maybe as much or maybe not as much as you would be with the 'unicorn' CV455 tubes, but very happy none-the-less. Ask @Guidostrunk how happy he was with the TMs before he cheated on them and fell head-over-heels for the Raytheon Unlines, then grew restless and played Footsie with another. The TM CV-4033 was his 'end-game' until another came along. That's the nature of this affliction -- one is NEVER satisfied -- or faithful! :rolling_eyes:
....and this is the reason that I am staying away from adapters. Once that line is crossed, a whole new world of tube rolling exists.

Jul 6, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #1,627 of 2,717
And you would be very happy with your purchase. :D Maybe as much or maybe not as much as you would be with the 'unicorn' CV455 tubes, but very happy none-the-less. Ask @Guidostrunk how happy he was with the TMs before he cheated on them and fell head-over-heels for the Raytheon Unlines, then grew restless and played Footsie with another. The TM CV-4033 was his 'end-game' until another came along. That's the nature of this affliction -- one is NEVER satisfied or faithful! :rolling_eyes:

I'm afraid.

Jul 6, 2021 at 2:04 PM Post #1,628 of 2,717
And you would be very happy with your purchase. :D Maybe as much or maybe not as much as you would be with the 'unicorn' CV455 tubes, but very happy none-the-less. Ask @Guidostrunk how happy he was with the TMs before he cheated on them and fell head-over-heels for the Raytheon Unlines, then grew restless and played Footsie with another. The TM CV-4033 was his 'end-game' until another came along. That's the nature of this affliction -- one is NEVER satisfied or faithful! :rolling_eyes:
If you only knew what I spent in tubes just this past year 😞
Easily could have purchased the Utopia I've been wanting lol.

Jul 6, 2021 at 3:51 PM Post #1,629 of 2,717
If you only knew what I spent in tubes just this past year 😞
Easily could have purchased the Utopia I've been wanting lol.
if you had bought the Utopia first, you would have only had enough left for GE tubes to feed it !! :scream::scream:

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #1,630 of 2,717
....and this is the reason that I am staying away from adapters. Once that line is crossed, a whole new world of tube rolling exists.
A world of aural delights that just beckons you...sometimes softly...sometimes loudly...

Jul 6, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #1,631 of 2,717
Still torn between the Tubemonger CV4033 (KB/AD) or the CV455 (KB/FB) on ebay (not a matched pair?). Latter would be going over my budget and since its from the UK, expecting some ridiculous surprise tax/duty COD getting slapped on top...but its also highly recommended...but they're also for a daily driver...

Hardest decision in sports
I agree with Guidostrunk. Get the CV455 KB/FB. Why? It sounds fantastic. To me, it is "next-to-holy-grail" in stature without the holy grail price. It is a Footscray plant made tube; AND it is a square getter, AND a triple mica, AND is good supply currently at Langrex. What else is there to say?...

Jul 6, 2021 at 6:55 PM Post #1,632 of 2,717
Did someone say CV455 Square Getter from Footscray? It only took a month, but check out what just got delivered. :smile:

20210706_175141.jpg
20210706_175406.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 6, 2021 at 7:00 PM Post #1,633 of 2,717
I agree with Guidostrunk. Get the CV455 KB/FB. Why? It sounds fantastic. To me, it is "next-to-holy-grail" in stature without the holy grail price. It is a Footscray plant made tube; AND it is a square getter, AND a triple mica, AND is good supply currently at Langrex. What else is there to say?...

just the $80 extra out the new-new DAC budget lol

having a moment right now, pulled the Fotons, reseating, checking cables and software, re-tuning my EQs for hours since Saturday - was testing another amp out; whatever sweet spot I had for the past month is gone, either painfully harsh or too muddy. Maybe I flew too close to the sun and blew my ears out...

g9duoKf.gif

Jul 6, 2021 at 7:02 PM Post #1,634 of 2,717
Did someone say CV455 Square Getter from Footscray? It only took a month, but check out what just got delivered. :smile:

20210706_175141.jpg
tenor.gif

damn you Wes lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back