Schiit Ragnarok Amplifier
Apr 14, 2024 at 1:35 PM Post #1,951 of 1,993
As I understand it, you can switch to HP only mode to mute speaker output and pre-out is still in effect. Of course, you will want to disconnect your HPs from Rag or they will play as well.

Apr 14, 2024 at 4:57 PM Post #1,952 of 1,993
As I understand it, you can switch to HP only mode to mute speaker output and pre-out is still in effect. Of course, you will want to disconnect your HPs from Rag or they will play as well.
Oh geez, that IS obvious... 🤦🏻‍♂️

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:17 PM Post #1,953 of 1,993
I'm very interested in this amp. But do I get just the amp or the "fully loaded" option? I don't need a phono preamp and the DAC would only be USB-C. No coax or optical. I do still have a Schiit Modi I can use. Apparently it comes with a remote but the website doesn't show it. What does it look like?

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:36 PM Post #1,954 of 1,993
I'm very interested in this amp. But do I get just the amp or the "fully loaded" option? I don't need a phono preamp and the DAC would only be USB-C. No coax or optical. I do still have a Schiit Modi I can use. Apparently it comes with a remote but the website doesn't show it. What does it look like?
You can always add one of the DAC cards later, but depending which Modi you have, it’s likely on par with the ESS card.

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:38 PM Post #1,955 of 1,993
You can always add one of the DAC cards later, but depending which Modi you have, it’s likely on par with the ESS card.

My Schiit Modi has USB-C so I suspect it's the latest version. But maybe I'm wrong.

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:43 PM Post #1,956 of 1,993
My Schiit Modi has USB-C so I suspect it's the latest version. But maybe I'm wrong.
I’m quite certain that’s the Modi+, which uses the ESS9018. The DAC module uses the ESS9028, but honestly for my ears I’m sure I’d fail to hear a difference in a blind A/B test!

Apr 14, 2024 at 6:12 PM Post #1,957 of 1,993
The remote is shown in the manual. For a roughly equivalent picture, see remote control in the accessories section of the product listings.

Apr 15, 2024 at 2:51 PM Post #1,958 of 1,993
For anyone who considered other options for an integrated amp and settled on the Ragnarok, what tipped the scales for you?

Options like built-in streaming, AirPlay support, additional RCA inputs (as well as digital) seem like nice-to-haves for a truly integrated solution, although better options certainly exist with separate components. Would love to hear other perspectives on the Rag 2 as a "purist" option!

Apr 15, 2024 at 6:52 PM Post #1,959 of 1,993
For anyone who considered other options for an integrated amp and settled on the Ragnarok, what tipped the scales for you?

Options like built-in streaming, AirPlay support, additional RCA inputs (as well as digital) seem like nice-to-haves for a truly integrated solution, although better options certainly exist with separate components. Would love to hear other perspectives on the Rag 2 as a "purist" option!
The big selling point for me was it was the only integrated that put out full amp power through the headphone jacks.

Admittedly that’s completely overkill at high gain, but there’s no kill like overkill. It’s comforting to know you’ll never find a headphone that it won’t be able to drive.

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:24 PM Post #1,960 of 1,993
The big selling point for me was it was the only integrated that put out full amp power through the headphone jacks.

Admittedly that’s completely overkill at high gain, but there’s no kill like overkill. It’s comforting to know you’ll never find a headphone that it won’t be able to drive.

That would be the selling point for me also. But I wish it had a subwoofer out RCA jack. How can I connect a sub to this amp? I have a Rythmik L12 sub.

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:28 PM Post #1,961 of 1,993
That would be the selling point for me also. But I wish it had a subwoofer out RCA jack. How can I connect a sub to this amp? I have a Rythmik L12 sub.
My sub is connected to the RCA out of the Ragnarok. Does your subwoofer really have no LPF?

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:30 PM Post #1,962 of 1,993
My sub is connected to the RCA out of the Ragnarok. Does your subwoofer really have no LPF?

Right now I'm using the LFE from my sub to the Sub out jack on my Marantz PM6007 amp.

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:31 PM Post #1,963 of 1,993
Right now I'm using the LFE from my sub to the Sub out jack on my Marantz PM6007 amp.
I kept to myself the fact that I incorporate a Schiit Sys preamp so I can connect my home theater receiver and this unit to my subwoofer. I flip on the LPF when I use this unit and flip off the LPF when I use the receiver which handles the crossover itself.

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:35 PM Post #1,964 of 1,993
"Y" cables from the preamp output will work just fine.

Apr 15, 2024 at 9:36 PM Post #1,965 of 1,993
I kept to myself the fact that I incorporate a Schiit Sys preamp so I can connect my home theater receiver and this unit to my subwoofer. I flip on the LPF when I use this unit and flip off the LPF when I use the receiver which handles the crossover itself.

So how does this work with the Ragnarok? In my case I would use a DAC to pass the TV audio to the amp. Sources are connected to TV via HDMI. That means I'm using an RCA input on the amp from the DAC. Would I use the RCA pre-out for the subwoofer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back