Schiit or Woo Audio for HD-650
Jan 14, 2013 at 2:26 PM Post #31 of 46
If that was the case, I would have close to no posts here, I just try to help out with research I do. Also, Fearless1, Grado's arrive yet?
tongue_smile.gif

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:14 PM Post #33 of 46
Quote:
Quote:
If that was the case, I would have close to no posts here, I just try to help out with research I do. Also, Fearless1, Grado's arrive yet?
tongue_smile.gif

Yeah, in the process of transplanting the drivers as I speak. How about yours?

Same, the AKG's are great, I'm glad the silver dots aren't as bright as they look in the pictures. Very comfy, sound great,  and look great.How do you like the leather covers?

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:30 PM Post #34 of 46
Quote:
Same, the AKG's are great, I'm glad the silver dots aren't as bright as they look in the pictures. Very comfy, sound great,  and look great.How do you like the leather covers?

Actually very much so, I tried them on my Gs1000s and they really increased the bass and comfort, great job with those. 

Jan 14, 2013 at 7:33 PM Post #35 of 46
Quote:
Quote:

Actually very much so, I tried them on my Gs1000s and they really increased the bass and comfort, great job with those. 

Glad ya like them! The isolation on these AKG's are amazing.

Jan 14, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #36 of 46
There's a pizza joint down the street from where I live (Garage Pizza in Silverlake, LA).

My housemate told me not to go there because it wasn't good pizza. 
He hadn't actually tried it, but someone told him that it wasn't good.

Long story short, I tried it and.... it's actually really good and the place is usually packed. 

p.s. I really like this thread!!!

Jan 19, 2013 at 2:52 AM Post #37 of 46
Quote:

right now I have the Lyr/Bifrost combo and it has served me well.  I don't plan on upgrading headphones so maybe I'll look into a WA6 again! but then again, I get too close to the WA2 which I have owned 3 times and then the cycle starts again.   

I'm kind of in that LYR vs WOO6 mode right now, so if you don't mind me asking:

Could you tell me why you would go from LYR to WOO6?  Are you saying that WOO6 is better?

(I haven't heard either one, that's why I'm so curious... thanks in advance for the answer)

Jan 19, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #38 of 46
Quote:

I'm kind of in that LYR vs WOO6 mode right now, so if you don't mind me asking:

Could you tell me why you would go from LYR to WOO6?  Are you saying that WOO6 is better?

(I haven't heard either one, that's why I'm so curious... thanks in advance for the answer)

I have had a fascination with woo amps.  Ive had the WA6 and the WA2.  Always wanted the WA22 but never got around to it.  I think the Lyr is awesome.  I probably wont get any desktop amp if I sell the Lyr. I just dont have enough time to sit down and listen these days. 

Not saying one is better or not better than the other though.  I usually do not get the luxury of having nice gear side by side due to me having to sell one to buy the other.  Its just me making my rounds.  I think I've had the Lyr almost longer than any other amp. 

Jan 19, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #39 of 46
Quote:
There's a pizza joint down the street from where I live (Garage Pizza in Silverlake, LA).

My housemate told me not to go there because it wasn't good pizza. 
He hadn't actually tried it, but someone told him that it wasn't good.

Long story short, I tried it and.... it's actually really good and the place is usually packed. 

p.s. I really like this thread!!!

Haha!
I actually didn't like their pizza the one time i went there.
But it just seemed like they were having an off night all round.
And i went to the one downtown

But i guess this is about schiit vs woo.
I can't speak for any schiit
but I love Woo's stuff.
Its always quality.

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:25 PM Post #40 of 46
Quote:

I have had a fascination with woo amps.  Ive had the WA6 and the WA2.  Always wanted the WA22 but never got around to it.  I think the Lyr is awesome.  I probably wont get any desktop amp if I sell the Lyr. I just dont have enough time to sit down and listen these days. 

Not saying one is better or not better than the other though.  I usually do not get the luxury of having nice gear side by side due to me having to sell one to buy the other.  Its just me making my rounds.  I think I've had the Lyr almost longer than any other amp. 

What did you think of the WA2 versus the Lyr? Been looking at the Lyr, but due to other suggestions from fellow members I have now started to consider multiple Woo options as well.

Jan 20, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #41 of 46
Quote:

What did you think of the WA2 versus the Lyr? Been looking at the Lyr, but due to other suggestions from fellow members I have now started to consider multiple Woo options as well.

I never had them at the same time. but completely by memory and I could be 100% wrong, but I felt like the Lyr is a bit more dynamic and the WA2 better tone and imaging/soundstage.  Again, take it with a package of salt.  I think I prefer the WA2 but its like 2.5x the price so the Lyr really does a pretty good job.

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #42 of 46
Quote:

I never had them at the same time. but completely by memory and I could be 100% wrong, but I felt like the Lyr is a bit more dynamic and the WA2 better tone and imaging/soundstage.  Again, take it with a package of salt.  I think I prefer the WA2 but its like 2.5x the price so the Lyr really does a pretty good job.

Well I have been looking for something a little more dynamic to pair with my Q's so this may be the option (plus $500 is about the cap of my spending budget for a desktop amp right now 
size]
 )

Jan 27, 2013 at 5:47 PM Post #44 of 46
Quote:
Q? As in q701? I don't think the wa2 pairs well with it. I owned it before.

I was talking about the Lyr (not the WA2), but yes to pair with my Q701's. Someone actually recommended looking into the WA2 over the Lyr to me, but I have a feeling this wasn't from personal experience.

Jan 28, 2013 at 5:48 AM Post #45 of 46
the WA2 is supposed be a nice pairing with the K701, and i can see this being true. when i had the K701, it would distort on the WA2, it simply isn't suited for lower impedance headphones (of course not everyone has this problem, but some people do with their setup).

the WA6-SE was a great match with the K701s though, they where never cold or analytical, they where neutral with a slight hint of warmth in the mids, the treble was smooth, and their bass was a little on the light side, but i never considered it to be lacking. i was surprised by how well they where driven and how good they could sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back