Schiit Modi USB DAC
Jan 19, 2015 at 5:26 PM Post #646 of 870
  While you're screwing around, dont forget to spend some time enjoying a little music.

So many people forget that part.  
biggrin.gif

Not sez I who's listening right now. Using my junior Schiit stack, Modi 2 Uber, Magni 1 and HE-500's.

Jan 21, 2015 at 7:23 PM Post #656 of 870
Modi is USB only.

Modi 2  adds simple and expert mode. Expert mode requires drivers to get "higher sound bit" quality. Simple is just plug and play.

UBER offers USB, Toslink, and RCA inputs. There's a button on the front to select which you want.

At this point, there's no reason to get the Modi 1, if you see it on amazon just pass on it because the Modi 2 is the same exact price.

As for sound, I can't comment because I was dumb and ordered the Modi 1 off of amazon for prime reasons only to find out there's a modi 2 on schiit's site.

I'll be selling my Modi and going to the Modi 2 uber so I can use optical

Jan 21, 2015 at 7:33 PM Post #657 of 870
  Modi is USB only.

Modi 2  adds simple and expert mode. Expert mode requires drivers to get "higher sound bit" quality. Simple is just plug and play.

UBER offers USB, Toslink, and RCA inputs. There's a button on the front to select which you want.

At this point, there's no reason to get the Modi 1, if you see it on amazon just pass on it because the Modi 2 is the same exact price.

As for sound, I can't comment because I was dumb and ordered the Modi 1 off of amazon for prime reasons only to find out there's a modi 2 on schiit's site.

I'll be selling my Modi and going to the Modi 2 uber so I can use optical

Some close out modi 1's hit the site today@ $80 good deal?  All i care about is usb, so modi 1 is good for me, or is the extra $20 worth a modi2?  
How much do u want for your modi 1?

Jan 21, 2015 at 7:52 PM Post #658 of 870
80 bucks is perfect than. I was actually going to sell mine for 80 bucks shipped once I get the Modi 2 Uber in my hands.

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:34 AM Post #659 of 870
So, I have a question about my setup (AKG Q701, Vali, and Modi), and I think it's an issue with my Modi.
Sometimes, when I'm playing music, the speed increases a little bit, and it sounds somewhat like nightcore.  It never changed from normal to this in the middle of a song.
My simple fix is to unplug the USB and plug it back in.
With the fix being so simple, I can't say that it's a problem, but I'd like to know why my DAC is trying to send me subliminal messages through nightcore.

Jan 22, 2015 at 12:48 AM Post #660 of 870
So, I have a question about my setup (AKG Q701, Vali, and Modi), and I think it's an issue with my Modi.
Sometimes, when I'm playing music, the speed increases a little bit, and it sounds somewhat like nightcore.  It never changed from normal to this in the middle of a song.
My simple fix is to unplug the USB and plug it back in.
With the fix being so simple, I can't say that it's a problem, but I'd like to know why my DAC is trying to send me subliminal messages through nightcore.

My nearly exact same setup doesn't do that. Try changing the source or player software, may be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back