Schiit Mjolnir headphone amplifier
Nov 30, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #3,286 of 3,541
Originally Posted by johnjen /img/forum/go_quote.gif

To take this further, this can be pointed at by this 'The Rok' spec.
Frequency Response: 20Hz-20KHz, -0.1dB, 2Hz-180KHz, -3dB  (emphasis mine)
This power bandwidth spec is quite impressive for a power amp.
The Mojo amp has a similar low frequency response spec.

As do lots of amps, including the Magni for $99: 20Hz-20Khz, -0.1db, 2Hz-200KHz, -3dB.  

Many amps do this, including very basic ones...this is not why these amps are different.   

Dec 2, 2014 at 12:09 AM Post #3,289 of 3,541
Been enjoying the LCD-X and Mj (and Gu) combo for almost 6 months now.  I couldn't possibly be happier.  I cannot really compare it to any other amp in a similar price range, but mark me down as another happy customer.  It sounds magnitudes better than the Magni, but it also costs magnitudes more lol.

Ain't nothin' like blasting "One of These Days" by Pink Floyd with the combo.  It is unbelievable- not good for my hearing, but unbelievable.  They almost scare me sometimes. 
biggrin.gif

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:25 AM Post #3,290 of 3,541
My Mojo came with a very shiny chrome volume knob, which doesn't really match the original aluminium body color. Search ebay and managed to find one sand blasted aluminium volume knob with squoval shape.

comparing the two, the new volume knob is few mm taller

shiny chrome original volume knob

matching aluminium color and fit perfectly in Mojo. The shape of the volume knob look like the one on Auralic Taurus

So which one looks better on Mojo?

Dec 4, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #3,291 of 3,541
I personally prefer the stock one, it doesn't seem too shiny... but that's based on the photos you loaded. If it's really that garishly shiny in person, then I suppose the round one would stand out less. I simply prefer the shape of the stock one more.

Dec 4, 2014 at 5:52 PM Post #3,293 of 3,541
  Output covers?

Yes, it is Neutrik xlr female cover

I personally prefer the stock one, it doesn't seem too shiny... but that's based on the photos you loaded. If it's really that garishly shiny in person, then I suppose the round one would stand out less. I simply prefer the shape of the stock one more.

The stock like volume knob also available in sand blasted alloy color, and cheaper than the round one. If I want to do my own version little 'facelift' to the Mojo, why not get other shape instead of going for stock like knob in various color.

Dec 8, 2014 at 3:28 PM Post #3,296 of 3,541
Just ordered the Mjolnir to accompany my incoming Gungnir.  After reading Jason's Schiit history book, I got so puckered up about made in the USA, starting in a garage, all the metal problems, and etc. that I decided No Way was I going with an amp made in China.  Delivery expected w/ the Gung (that's backordered) later in December.  A nice Christmas present!!   
beyersmile.png

Dec 8, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #3,297 of 3,541
^^^You're gonna love the M/G stack. I put several thousands of hours on mine and really enjoyed a lot. Still using the G with Wyrd and even better with the rok.

Dec 8, 2014 at 4:58 PM Post #3,298 of 3,541
Yea, I've heard great things about the Rok.  Like, afterworld out-of-body musical experiences with the Rok + Audez'e.  Maybe in the future.  For now, I'm really looking forward to the upgrade from the B/A2 to the balanced Gung/Mojo stack with mo power!!

beerchug.gif

RCBinTN

Dec 13, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #3,299 of 3,541

Anyone know, or can theorize, what the best input impedance would be to Mjolnir? Just because I'm an experimenter at heart I'm thinking about putting a balanced tube buffer between my Gungnir and  Mjolnir.

Dec 17, 2014 at 6:44 PM Post #3,300 of 3,541
I've been going nuts over HD 600's paired up with different amps so I've got a question... How well do the HD 600 pair up with the Schiit Mjolnir and Gungnir stack? I need an amp I can upgrade to further down the road, and I currently have the Asgard 2 and Modi right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back