Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions
Mar 7, 2018 at 11:50 PM Post #2,482 of 6,930
Arrived today. Great amp that impressed everyone that listened. Dwarfs the rest of the Schiit stack.

AQWMVvt.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 8, 2018 at 11:27 AM Post #2,483 of 6,930
I'm looking at getting a Mjolnir 2 after a year of my Valhalla 2, I'm using the Modi Multibit and HD 800S, has anyone had both the Valhalla 2 and Mjolnir 2 and could tell me the differences and if the Mjolnir 2 was much better for the price

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:34 PM Post #2,484 of 6,930
I listened to MJ2 and Valhalla 2 at Schiit's office on HD800 + Mimby. With the MJ2 you get more dynamics and slam, and it feels like the music is closer. It is a more intense experience and obviously more powerful than Valhalla 2. However, the Valhalla 2 tonality I found very pleasing and less fatigue inducing, and there's more tube sweetness in there somewhere.The value proposition for the MJ2 is tremendous, just make sure to use the balanced out for HD800's if you jump for it.

Mar 8, 2018 at 1:42 PM Post #2,485 of 6,930
I listened to MJ2 and Valhalla 2 at Schiit's office on HD800 + Mimby. With the MJ2 you get more dynamics and slam, and it feels like the music is closer. It is a more intense experience and obviously more powerful than Valhalla 2. However, the Valhalla 2 tonality I found very pleasing and less fatigue inducing, and there's more tube sweetness in there somewhere.The value proposition for the MJ2 is tremendous, just make sure to use the balanced out for HD800's if you jump for it.

Wait until those Russian tubes come in. :wink: I think you’ll be pleasantly surprised with them.

Mar 8, 2018 at 2:42 PM Post #2,486 of 6,930
I'm looking at getting a Mjolnir 2 after a year of my Valhalla 2, I'm using the Modi Multibit and HD 800S, has anyone had both the Valhalla 2 and Mjolnir 2 and could tell me the differences and if the Mjolnir 2 was much better for the price

Get the MJ2 also. VAHL2 is a great little amp in it's own way. MJ2 is another level.
Seriously. But yes, you will want to explore some of the really great tubes available.
Good news is, the really good tubes are cheap. Serious on that also.

Mar 8, 2018 at 4:03 PM Post #2,487 of 6,930
Arrived today. Great amp that impressed everyone that listened. Dwarfs the rest of the Schiit stack.
nice stack, move them off the MJ2 though, it gets rather hot:cooking:

Mar 8, 2018 at 6:16 PM Post #2,488 of 6,930

Can you get better tubes that give a less fatiguing and more sweetness, making it a better overall option and would it work well with the Modi Multibit, I sold my 4 pin XLR cable that came with my HD 800S, so I'll have to get one as I did not think that I would upgrade to a better AMP

Get the MJ2 also. VAHL2 is a great little amp in it's own way. MJ2 is another level.
Seriously. But yes, you will want to explore some of the really great tubes available.
Good news is, the really good tubes are cheap. Serious on that also.

I can only keep one though

Mar 8, 2018 at 7:17 PM Post #2,490 of 6,930
This is a very honest review, I use pathos aurium compare with mj2. MJ2 definitely provides one of best SQ in this price range, dynamic, bass control, treble extension, etc. However the problem is the over all tonality is not very outstanding compare with PA. MJ2 is not a warm amp, certainly not cold too. Everything presented very straight forward. MJ2 sounds like a young musician who just graduated from a top5 music school, very talented but lack of live and life experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back