Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Jan 18, 2020 at 2:49 PM Post #22,906 of 23,493
Nothing. I'm out because I have a Valhalla 2 and not a Lyr 2. You'd be better served by those that own one and can directly relate SQ of tubes to that amp. :)

Ah thanks. Sorry for the brainfart on my part. I actually have both but the Valhalla 2 sounds reasonably ok with the stock tubes so I'm going to run those until I'm sure they have enough hours so that I know how they sound. The Lyr 2 is just totally lifeless with the stock tubes for me. It doesn't sound good with anything I have.

Jan 19, 2020 at 12:56 PM Post #22,907 of 23,493
I have recently gotten back into headphones after a long hiatus. First I was using my Asgard 2 with Sony MDR-Z1R's. Fed by a Yggy hooked up to my computer. Jriver. Sounded great. I just hooked up my original Lyr to the Yggy and am listening through my Audeze LCD-2's. Telefunken tubes. All I can say is WOW. This sounds fantastic!!

Jan 19, 2020 at 1:03 PM Post #22,908 of 23,493
Welcome back. No matter which cans you prefer, the Yggy is worth every penny.

Telefunkens are the bomb. Enjoy!

Feb 10, 2020 at 1:32 PM Post #22,912 of 23,493
Well at least they have the decency to sell a pair rather than one like that last guy. I mean come on, seriously!

And btw I thought that 1680 number was in my local currency so I was like "yeah, this could be ok..." Then I realized it was dollars.

:p

Feb 11, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #22,914 of 23,493
Am I the only one around here that hasn't heard them GECos?

Edit: Also how can head-fi go from worse to worse UIs over the years I will never understand....

Feb 11, 2020 at 1:00 PM Post #22,915 of 23,493
Feb 11, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #22,916 of 23,493
Am I the only one around here that hasn't heard them GECos?

Edit: Also how can head-fi go from worse to worse UIs over the years I will never understand....
I didn't like my 71 pair at first, but after using it with the MJ2 on low gain with my LP as my amp with various tubes, the GEC became a top 5 tube. You need to take into account that they have a very high amplification factor some where around ECC83 I think. New site is buggy I wasn't notified I had various messages and didn't know, can't seem to get the online status even checking the box. Speaking of boxes I have a minty GEC box that I can let you buy it for say $99 plus $99 shipping. The box appears to be heavier than 1 2ply tissue. I have a 10% option but I don't want to charge that for a pal.

Feb 12, 2020 at 8:29 AM Post #22,917 of 23,493
Hey fellas! It's been a while, but I just wanted to say hi, and tell ya'll the good news. I found my "Holy Grail" tube! :o2smile: The Hamburg ECC82 Long Plate D Getter from 56', is the best tube I have ever heard, without a doubt. This tube is quite a bit warmer than I was expecting and has killer bass, but the magic is in the mids and highs. I don't have enough adjectives to describe how amazing this tube sounds, but it is incredible. The bass hits hard, the mids are forward, detailed and natural, and the highs sparkle but never get harsh. The delicacy of the notes, and sparkle is really special and I have not heard this with any other tube. This tube has a huge holographic soundstage, and sounds the most life like of all my tubes. I have had many a late nights since getting this tube, and I am hearing things I have never heard before. This tube puts you there with the musicians, like no other tube I have heard.

Hamburg ECC82 Long Plate D Foil Getter 56' (K62 D6H)
lfVcyJnl.jpg
JoYcbhkl.jpg

Feb 13, 2020 at 2:37 PM Post #22,919 of 23,493
@bcowen or anybody got a mint condition GEC A2900 box. Empty box is in my avatar. Priced cheaper than a box with a useless tube in it. $.99 plus $195.99 economy shipping.

Sorry man, I only have 195 bucks to spend on this. Your prices are just too rich for my blood :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back