Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Dec 31, 2019 at 1:19 PM Post #22,876 of 23,493
I wish I could help you out with those GEC, but they are nowhere to be found. :wink:

That's 'cause @TK16 has all the ones that remain on planet earth already in his stash. I'm sure he'll act all innocent about it though. :confounded:

Jan 2, 2020 at 2:54 AM Post #22,877 of 23,493
Happy New Year fellas! Have not been online much due to a 2nd spinal surgery couple weeks back and all my gear has been off more than a month. Currently accepting donations (GEC A2900 3x mica) if anybody is interested. Lol.

Happy new year to all and get well soon bro!

Jan 5, 2020 at 11:09 AM Post #22,878 of 23,493
Happy New Year fellas! Have not been online much due to a 2nd spinal surgery couple weeks back and all my gear has been off more than a month. Currently accepting donations (GEC A2900 3x mica) if anybody is interested. Lol.

First of all sorry about the surgery TK. What's weird is that I had a PM written to you about a month ago about said GEC badboys...but when I was done I just couldn't push the send button. But you never know. If I ever do though you will need to be in good enough physical condition to pull off a successful robbery of your local Seven-Eleven. Get better.
BTW, I did double check them for noise and microphonics. Dead quiet on my Woo.

Jan 5, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #22,879 of 23,493
First of all sorry about the surgery TK. What's weird is that I had a PM written to you about a month ago about said GEC badboys...but when I was done I just couldn't push the send button. But you never know. If I ever do though you will need to be in good enough physical condition to pull off a successful robbery of your local Seven-Eleven. Get better.

If you ever do, I'll go in half's with @TK16 . He'll get the boxes and I'll get the tubes. That way we can both hit a Dollar Tree which would be easier and less risky than a 7-11. :relaxed:

Jan 7, 2020 at 12:13 AM Post #22,880 of 23,493
Feel free to tell me I'm mistaken, you seem to be indicating that you have a couple of empty boxes coming my way and throwing in 2 GEC for free? Again please don't correct me if I'm wrong bro!

Jan 7, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #22,881 of 23,493
Feel free to tell me I'm mistaken, you seem to be indicating that you have a couple of empty boxes coming my way and throwing in 2 GEC for free? Again please don't correct me if I'm wrong bro!

First you say feel free to correct me...then you tell me not to. All in 2 sentences. You still under anesthesia ???

Jan 7, 2020 at 12:57 AM Post #22,883 of 23,493
In a bit of pain and can't sleep. Been up since 4 am. I am on painkillers still 3 weeks after surgery. Were you hinting on selling square getter GEC A2900. Again feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, also no need to correct me if I'm wrong I play both sides so I am correct no matter what.

PM sent.

Jan 7, 2020 at 8:56 AM Post #22,884 of 23,493
In a bit of pain and can't sleep. Been up since 4 am. I am on painkillers still 3 weeks after surgery. Were you hinting on selling square getter GEC A2900. Again feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, also no need to correct me if I'm wrong I play both sides so I am correct no matter what.

Or incorrect no matter what, depending on whether the glass is half empty or half full. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Jan 11, 2020 at 4:06 PM Post #22,885 of 23,493
Hey guys, anybody have a magic recipe for running LCD-3 off the Lyr 2? I have the stock tubes and my LCD-2C sounds rather uninspiring. Getting the LCD-3 shortly and don't expect the Lyr 2 to be any better with the stock tubes. Thanks.

Bumping myself due to invisible prior post :D

Shirley, somebody must have some good suggestions to save this amp from doorstop duty! :wink:

Jan 11, 2020 at 5:41 PM Post #22,886 of 23,493
Bumping myself due to invisible prior post :D

Shirley, somebody must have some good suggestions to save this amp from doorstop duty! :wink:
Myself and @TK16 both have our favorite tubes ranked on our profile page. To gain some traction on this forum it is suggested to start at page 1241 as this is where most of the good tube info starts. Good luck!

Edit:
@jb77 also has some great tubes listed in his profile.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 6:20 PM Post #22,887 of 23,493
Myself and @TK16 both have our favorite tubes ranked on our profile page. To gain some traction on this forum it is suggested to start at page 1241 as this is where most of the good tube info starts. Good luck!

Edit:
@jb77 also has some great tubes listed in his profile.

Only 300 pages to read! :D

But...but...but... how can you rank tubes without reference to a specific amp?

Jan 11, 2020 at 6:40 PM Post #22,888 of 23,493

That's a good point. Lol. I guess I/we assumed everyone was using a Lyr. Lol.

Edit:
MY rankings listed using Schitt Lyr2.

Last edited:
Jan 11, 2020 at 6:59 PM Post #22,889 of 23,493

All that matters is the tube. The amp is just a necessary evil. :laughing:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back