Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Nov 21, 2018 at 9:23 AM Post #19,426 of 23,494
Edit: pair matched by sound? This guy must have a hell of an ear :wink:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/E188CC-NOS...=item2ee8363f4c:g:DIQAAOSwY45UNkmb:rk:52:pf:0

Everybody has golden ears in Fantasyland where this guy apparently resides. $1k a pair based on "parameters" (none of which are listed) and listening in his GM70 amp? A GM70 is merely a topology and can be anything from a kit with $1k of parts in it to a deHavilland for $10k. So stating GM70 without further detail is meaningless.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 9:25 AM Post #19,427 of 23,494
Everybody has golden ears in Fantasyland where this guy apparently resides. $1k a pair based on "parameters" (none of which are listed) and listening in his GM70 amp. A GM70 is merely a topology and can be anything from a kit with $1k of parts in it to a deHavilland for $10k). So stating GM70 without further detail is meaningless.

These tubes have been there for 3 years or more keeps relisting 'em

Edit: He's also Bulgarian like me damn I'm ashamed ^^

Nov 21, 2018 at 9:28 AM Post #19,428 of 23,494
These tubes have been there for 3 years or more keeps relisting 'em

3 years? OMG! Becoming clueless must be a side effect of moving to Fantasyland. :slight_smile:

Nov 21, 2018 at 9:47 AM Post #19,429 of 23,494
You sold your Atticus!? I never would of thought you would of parted with it. Did the Ori take its place?

How are the Clears?
Yeah, I never would have thought to sell the Atticus but I truly like the Ori better, by a large margin too.
Had the Clears delivered to brothers due to working all freakin day and needing a signature. But my brother landed up in hospital again so no one to sign for them. So they’ve been at the post office the past 3 days. Killing me! Getting them today. Heard them plenty of times but not on my gear and tubes. I’m confident they’ll kill it.

Nov 21, 2018 at 10:21 AM Post #19,430 of 23,494
Yeah, I never would have thought to sell the Atticus but I truly like the Ori better, by a large margin too.
Had the Clears delivered to brothers due to working all freakin day and needing a signature. But my brother landed up in hospital again so no one to sign for them. So they’ve been at the post office the past 3 days. Killing me! Getting them today. Heard them plenty of times but not on my gear and tubes. I’m confident they’ll kill it.

I really need to try out the Ori. Sounds like a great headphone.

Sorry to hear about your bro. Hope he feels and gets better soon!

Nov 21, 2018 at 10:41 AM Post #19,431 of 23,494
Honestly...... These guys give tubes away!
There's really no better deal! They give a lot to this thread.
They're really good people above all else!

Would be great if our monkey friend said hi? LOL

I PM'd him the other day, happy to say all is well with Rangy. @ThurstonX was OK too...

:)

Nov 21, 2018 at 12:37 PM Post #19,432 of 23,494
I was pretty disappointed by the Clears. Between them and the Beyerdynamic T1.2, I’ve wasted close to two grand on headphones that are supposedly upgrades to my HE-560s, but which I don’t like half as much. I’ve gone past diminishing returns so I think I’m done buying headphones.

The Clears do sound best at high volumes so they’re a good match for high gain tubes like the 12AX7.

Last edited:
Nov 21, 2018 at 7:21 PM Post #19,438 of 23,494

Users who are viewing this thread

Back