Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Nov 18, 2018 at 10:20 PM Post #19,412 of 23,493
So I have been listening on the 6N2P-EV (Voshkod triple mica, chrome pin, 1976) for about 3 days now. I noticed what seems to be good bass, decent timbre in the midrange and bass with guitar/strings. Decent soundstage, some good depth sometimes but more left right. Seems pretty precise. Not super warm though except in the bass and the trebb is a bit thin and rolled off to my ears. Is that about accurate sounding for a 6n2p in general?

Nov 19, 2018 at 2:02 PM Post #19,414 of 23,493
6N2P is quite good, ones I tried, your are describing mediocre tubes imo. General rule, usually right in my experience, earlier is better.

Yeah, I don't doubt that. I too heard that tube quality/sound fell off in latter Soviet years. But for $7 shipped and getting them within a day (turning my Lyr from paperweight to working) was great! Either way, I just got my Amperex Holland (GE labeled) 6DJ8s. Burning them in, but they really sound great with the 400I. Amazed that they only cost about $40 for how good they are to my ears.

Nov 20, 2018 at 12:02 PM Post #19,417 of 23,493
Last edited:
Nov 20, 2018 at 5:22 PM Post #19,419 of 23,493
Have you contacted TK16, AuditoryCanvas, or Kolkoo about their inventory? I believe that you will find a better deal from them guys. You'll definitely get legit test results from them.
They have a schiit ton of tubes for sale. Lol.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-VALVO-C...h=item442d6995c8:g:PyQAAOSw2yVbx39b:rk:2:pf:0

These guys worth it? If bidding stays anywhere near that price it seems like a potential steal.

Edit: pair matched by sound? This guy must have a hell of an ear :wink:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/E188CC-NOS...=item2ee8363f4c:g:DIQAAOSwY45UNkmb:rk:52:pf:0

Nov 20, 2018 at 7:24 PM Post #19,420 of 23,493
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2x-VALVO-C...h=item442d6995c8:g:PyQAAOSw2yVbx39b:rk:2:pf:0

These guys worth it? If bidding stays anywhere near that price it seems like a potential steal.

Edit: pair matched by sound? This guy must have a hell of an ear :wink:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/E188CC-NOS...=item2ee8363f4c:g:DIQAAOSwY45UNkmb:rk:52:pf:0
Hey man,
Heed everyone’s friendly advice. You seem all gung ho which is cool because you want to find these deals on your own.
But these guys here are not out to make all this money off everyone and just buy a lot of tubes, test, match but simply don’t fit their taste, then sell them. I’d buy tubes from these guys before ANYONE on the net knowing you’ll be receiving true honest tested tubes while not getting ripped off. Obviously do what you want, but I believe not taking advantage will only be your loss bro!

Nov 21, 2018 at 8:50 AM Post #19,422 of 23,493
Lol chillax guys, I remember the thrill of buying a ton of tubes on ebay, finding a nice deal felt like striking gold, like discovering some hidden treasure, I mean it can be addictive :)
Then you get burned once or twice or five times or more you decide if you wanna invest into a tester so you at least know what you are getting or just start buying from trusted sellers.

Nov 21, 2018 at 8:59 AM Post #19,423 of 23,493
Ok guys, I’m at it AGAIN!
I sold my Atticus amd Garage 1217 project ember with all my single tubes as a package deal. Used the funds for a Focal Clear. Hopefully my LAST HP purchase. Now.... I may be in the market for more tubes to match this HP’s sound signature and tweak it to its optimum capabilities.
If anyone has any suggestions (if you know anything about this headphone) pass it along..... from your stash!
Cheers! :beerchug:

Nov 21, 2018 at 9:15 AM Post #19,424 of 23,493
Lol chillax guys, I remember the thrill of buying a ton of tubes on ebay, finding a nice deal felt like striking gold, like discovering some hidden treasure, I mean it can be addictive :)
Then you get burned once or twice or five times or more you decide if you wanna invest into a tester so you at least know what you are getting or just start buying from trusted sellers.

Personally, I wouldn't even buy tubes on Ebay without a tester. You just never know what you're getting. I've purchased too many from Ebay sellers that have high volume, 100% positive feedback (BangyBang, anyone?) and claim perfect testing only to get a tube that has badly mismatched triodes or even dead shorts. Pretty sure none of the Lyr's are going to deal with a shorted tube very well. Can't stress enough to deal with a trusted seller either in this forum or a highly regarded retailer...if you don't have a tester.

Nov 21, 2018 at 9:18 AM Post #19,425 of 23,493
Ok guys, I’m at it AGAIN!
I sold my Atticus amd Garage 1217 project ember with all my single tubes as a package deal. Used the funds for a Focal Clear. Hopefully my LAST HP purchase. Now.... I may be in the market for more tubes to match this HP’s sound signature and tweak it to its optimum capabilities.
If anyone has any suggestions (if you know anything about this headphone) pass it along..... from your stash!
Cheers! :beerchug:

You sold your Atticus!? I never would of thought you would of parted with it. Did the Ori take its place?

How are the Clears?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back