Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Apr 7, 2016 at 1:15 PM Post #8,926 of 23,494
Hehe :) Good for my wallet. But just for the sake of knowledge, I was wondering if they looked legit. I know the print on the tubes doesn't mean much but they seemed a little to clean and with bad font for the CCa, no?

This is the set of Holland valvo CCA I got Nov 70, Jan 71 for reference.
Amazing tubes.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/311488771381?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Apr 7, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #8,930 of 23,494
No worries, was just kidding. I really need to calm down on buying tubes. I have enough tubes(diefferent Siemens, Reflektors 74/75, Miniwatts...) to roll for a while. Still, I would be really interested to know how yellow Valvos sound with my Mjolnir2/GungnirMB/akt5p(sorry I know this is a Lyr tube roller forum :).

So far everything I tryed sounded very good, apart from those nasty 6BZ7 from Schiit
biggrin.gif
. The Miniwhats I have been listening to this week are pretty good but to my taste I think my favourite pair so far are the Reflektors 75(whit not event 100hrs of burnin). Will see with more rolling what comes out the best, and maybe one day make a serious tube review.

Apr 7, 2016 at 6:48 PM Post #8,931 of 23,494
My favorites are Philips Miniwatts 66 Mullard, Valvo 66 Mullard, Tele e188cc, Valvo Holland CCa and my 2 sets of 75 reflektors. Got 2 sets of the 74 reflektors but don`t care for them that much, too analytical sounding imo, never gave the stock tubes a proper burn in tbh. Got the Miniwatts in right now as they only got 72 hrs of burn in.

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:23 AM Post #8,932 of 23,494
Red Valvo D-Getters are here! They look a bit used, (as they were specified as preoperated there's a bit of dirt on the bottom of the tube at the pins base) but we'll see how they test and sound tonight :)

Meanwhile I'm listening to the Valvo Hamburg PCC88 1960s and I'm very very satisfied, they may be some of my favorite sounding tubes. I got 4 more of them from the same seller, and I also managed to win two single Valvo E188CCs from this seller for 66$ and 44$ one red one white print with delta6XX and delta 5XX codes that have similar funke measurements :)

I'll keep you guys posted on how all of this sounds ;D I'm still on the hunt for Yellow Valvo CCa sadly unsuccessful, I might give it up soon :D

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:44 AM Post #8,933 of 23,494
Yeah my single red Valvo D-getter 7L4 is scheduled for delivery today.  Will let you know how it's pairing with my other D-getter 7L4 Heerlen works out.

Apr 8, 2016 at 8:43 PM Post #8,934 of 23,494

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Philips-Miniwatt-E188CC-SQ-O-getter-matched-year-pair-tubes-used-/222074137800?hash=item33b4a66cc8:g:qiMAAOSwQjNW-Bzs
  Remember somebody asking about Holland e188cc, think he might be the 1 who bought the hg 75 Reflektors in the end. This seller lives real close to me so you guys buy em up before I  get the urge.

I mentioned these as a possible steal about a week ago. Don't know if their sound is magical but that is a pretty darn good price for Heerlen E188CC's. If I remember right the seller is a Head-Fi'er...in fact I'm the one who sold him the Mullard 4109's he's selling as well. I think he vouches that they have no tube noise. You might want to verify that before you buy.
Anyway, on paper it looks like a very good deal.

I thought so, too.

They were sold few minutes after I linked them. Got 3 sets of tubes incoming, quad Telefunken ecc88 and Blackburn mullaRd ecc88, that's enough for the time being.

Thanks for the reminder!

Wonder if it was anyone here who snagged them ?  Be curious to see how they work out.

I think you've figured that out by now 
wink.gif

I wanted a pair of closely date-matched E188CCs to compare with my slightly older pair, and VR9s from 1976 (green print RTCs, but Heerlen).  See, @Oskari, not completely brain dead 
rolleyes.gif

I hereby promise Bill a thorough comparison between all three pairs... NLT the utter and complete melting of both ice caps (pif!).

I can say this about these 1966 E188CCs... they possess an abundance of the Magick of Heerlen, bless those wonderful girls.  

I was happily enjoying my '59 'D' getter Hamburg E88CCs - and no doubt will again - and then I received, cleaned & treated, and finally rolled these twin Sirens.

Laku noć.

P.S. - thanks, Roman!

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #8,936 of 23,494
  This whole story tells me something about your character.
I freaking love it.
Enjoy T.

I expect a PM shortly, Dr. Freud/Jung/Mengele ... OK, just kidding about that last one.

I love you, too, my brother-from-another-mother.

"Take a piece of Mister Parker's band!"

(Steely Dan is sounding #@%$in' transcendent tonight)

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:23 PM Post #8,937 of 23,494
And ironically enough I just received my '59 D-getter red Valvo 7L4 today.  Just threw it in with the single 7L4 I've been sitting on for a year.  15 minutes in and I'm not sure if I could tell them from my pinched waist pairs in a blind test....which is supposedly the thing about the 7L4's...a poor man's pinched waist.  Actually the vocals with these might be the sweetest I've ever heard...something angelic about these.  Now very little of my music consists of vocals, so that's a very small piece of the puzzle here for me.
But so far, so good.  Me likey !!!

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #8,938 of 23,494
  And ironically enough I just received my '59 D-getter red Valvo 7L4 today.  Just threw it in with the single 7L4 I've been sitting on for a year.  15 minutes in and I'm not sure if I could tell them from my pinched waist pairs in a blind test....which is supposedly the thing about the 7L4's...a poor man's pinched waist.  Actually the vocals with these might be the sweetest I've ever heard...something angelic about these.  Now very little of my music consists of vocals, so that's a very small piece of the puzzle here for me.
But so far, so good.  Me likey !!!

I assume it's all scat, given your notorious aversion to lyrics 
tongue.gif

Glad to hear it's/they're working out 
beerchug.gif

Apr 8, 2016 at 9:30 PM Post #8,940 of 23,494

I assume it's all scat, given your notorious aversion to lyrics 
tongue.gif

Glad to hear it's/they're working out 
beerchug.gif

It's not that I dislike vocals/lyrics.  It's just that it seems I've always just been exposed to
instrumental stuff...very little on the singer side.  The good thing is, look at all I have now to
explore.  Suggestions anyone ?  Only good ones now, lol...I'm short on time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back