Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Oct 3, 2017 at 9:12 PM Post #14,266 of 23,494
Them we tubes cover everything in gravy. Groovy gravy.

Oct 3, 2017 at 11:20 PM Post #14,267 of 23,494
CBS = HD800
TS = HE500
WE = LCD2

YMMV :)

Oct 4, 2017 at 2:35 AM Post #14,268 of 23,494
have listened with these 2c51 tung sols for a while now and i think now i understand what "liquid mids " are.

Ken rads should arrive this week hopefully, cant wait to compare.

Oct 4, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #14,269 of 23,494
The Omni seems to love all the 5670s. Past few days I've been rolling every few hours. The ge may be the most natural sounding on my gear. From genre to genre they sound great and a touch more air. Even the cheap newer round getter ones. I can't pick a winner from the group in my dac.
Ge [] o, ts [], rca [] ,we and reflektors . Any skeptic should get the adapters and either ge 5670 or the russians . $30 total.

Oct 4, 2017 at 3:52 PM Post #14,270 of 23,494
Western Electric fans whats better than having a pair in your amp?, having a pair in your dac at the same time. Anyways testing it out. Bendix with 48 more hours of burn in turned out to be a bust in the dac.

Edit:
Added a free bonus with the PW pair I`m selling if anyone interested.

Last edited:
Oct 4, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #14,271 of 23,494
After 4 years of tube rolling my first tube die. Actually, probably, I am killed that tube. What happened? I let burning my set of JW Western Electric 2C51 for 36 hr straight on my lyr amp.Let the tubes cooling down for 30min, and during to installing to my Lite DAC tube socket, tube bright flash and die. My theory is I am short that tube, misaligned the pins. With 6DJ8/PCC 88 type tubes when I misaligned the tube pins, just small spark fired from tube pin, and tubes always survived. My DAC was unpowered overnight. This big 400V coupling tube capacitors in my DAC can holding power couple of days. Never this happened on my Schiit amps.

Oct 5, 2017 at 10:03 AM Post #14,273 of 23,494
Hey guys,
So I just got my Lyr 2 from a great guy on this site.
I must say it sounds very close to the Jot running the stock tubes. I have 2 other sets of tubes I'm going to roll but I just wanted to get used to stock first and be able to hear the difference between tubes seeing I've never owned nor every heard tubes before.
With that said, check out my signature of what headphones I own and if you could ever be so cool, suggest what tubes would be a great for me. I also listen to pretty heavy music as my preference are basically progressive metal and progressive rock.
I really have no clue. I have read posts throughout this thread but for what HP's I have, it obviously becomes personal.
I'm willing at this point to spend up to $100 for a set.
I'd appreciate it much!

Oct 5, 2017 at 10:50 AM Post #14,274 of 23,494
think my ken rads are lost by post office, tracking hasnt updated for days, been long now :frowning2:.

If the tubes are coming from outside the country that’s not unusual. If not, you might have a problem.
On a happier note, have my 6c8g adapters scheduled for delivery today along with my military Tung Sol 2c51’s. Anyone here found anything ‘special’ about the military versions compared to the regulars?

Oct 5, 2017 at 11:03 AM Post #14,275 of 23,494
If the tubes are coming from outside the country that’s not unusual. If not, you might have a problem.
On a happier note, have my 6c8g adapters scheduled for delivery today along with my military Tung Sol 2c51’s. Anyone here found anything ‘special’ about the military versions compared to the regulars?
Heeeeeeeeee's baaaaaaack...

from what I read on the 6SN7 threads here, there are no differences. How they know, I don't know. Enjoy those Tung-Sols, but be patient with the burn-in. Mine definitely changed in the first 50 hours or so, probably sooner, but I just left the Lyr running, so wasn't listening all the time.

Oct 5, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #14,276 of 23,494
Heeeeeeeeee's baaaaaaack...

from what I read on the 6SN7 threads here, there are no differences. How they know, I don't know. Enjoy those Tung-Sols, but be patient with the burn-in. Mine definitely changed in the first 50 hours or so, probably sooner, but I just left the Lyr running, so wasn't listening all the time.

Yeah I’ve never heard differences in military versions I’ve had with other tubes....but I had to try. I feel an epiphany in the air. Got my Tung Sol tee shirt. It has been a real hit at the gym.

Oct 5, 2017 at 1:19 PM Post #14,277 of 23,494
After 4 years of tube rolling my first tube die. Actually, probably, I am killed that tube. What happened? I let burning my set of JW Western Electric 2C51 for 36 hr straight on my lyr amp.Let the tubes cooling down for 30min, and during to installing to my Lite DAC tube socket, tube bright flash and die. My theory is I am short that tube, misaligned the pins. With 6DJ8/PCC 88 type tubes when I misaligned the tube pins, just small spark fired from tube pin, and tubes always survived. My DAC was unpowered overnight. This big 400V coupling tube capacitors in my DAC can holding power couple of days. Never this happened on my Schiit amps.
Thêre is still a quad WE on ebay for $150, I linked it earlier in the thread, if your interested.

Oct 5, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #14,279 of 23,494
Hey guys,
So I just got my Lyr 2 from a great guy on this site.
I must say it sounds very close to the Jot running the stock tubes. I have 2 other sets of tubes I'm going to roll but I just wanted to get used to stock first and be able to hear the difference between tubes seeing I've never owned nor every heard tubes before.
With that said, check out my signature of what headphones I own and if you could ever be so cool, suggest what tubes would be a great for me. I also listen to pretty heavy music as my preference are basically progressive metal and progressive rock.
I really have no clue. I have read posts throughout this thread but for what HP's I have, it obviously becomes personal.
I'm willing at this point to spend up to $100 for a set.
I'd appreciate it much!

Not sure if you are looking for the Heerlen sound sig or not but I can let go a Pinched waist pair and the freebie in my sig for $150 if you do paypal gift. what kind of sound sig are you looking for in a tube, they all sound quite different wether it be USA, Holland, Germany etc in a 6922 tube, also the 396A, 5670, 2C51 variants are quite good for the best bang for your buck. They require an adapter though. I suggest buying an adapter first as they can take quite a long time in shipping from China. Think they use boats that require an oar to move. Save on the gas I guess.

This is a good place to start reading about 6922 variants and how they sound.
http://www.audiotubes.com/6dj8.htm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back