Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Apr 10, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #8,971 of 23,494
  Ah I just read, think I`ll pass, if I had a tester I might bite, he got some great tubes from the late 50`s to early 60`s. So he is just testing them with the wrong measurments and artificially boosting the results. Really good schiit he got for sale.

Perhaps I might bite the bullet and let you guys know how his 24/24 translates to real values but we'll see :p

Apr 10, 2016 at 6:19 PM Post #8,972 of 23,494
  http://www.ebay.com/itm/USSR-Russian-Tubes-6N23P-E88CC-ECC88-6DJ8-Silver-Shields-REFLEKTOR-1975-2pcs-/141954275933?hash=item210d225a5d:g:xHYAAOSwAvJXCSOA
This seller has some reflektors 74,75 swgp silver shields, 1 74 gray shield I think.

Thanks for the heads up I just grabbed the 75 swgp silver shield Reflektors for my Valhalla 2. I've been enjoying a pair of 59 white label Heerlen Amperex and early 70s yellow label Teslas up til now so we'll see how the Reflektors compare.

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:04 AM Post #8,974 of 23,494
Swiss tubes are back guys
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=swiss-tubes&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X%28e88cc%2Cecc88%2C6n23p%2Ce188cc%2C6dj8%2C7dj8%2Cpcc88%29.TRS0&_nkw=%28e88cc%2Cecc88%2C6n23p%2Ce188cc%2C6dj8%2C7dj8%2Cpcc88%29&_sacat=0

May lord have mercy on thy wallets

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:22 AM Post #8,975 of 23,494
  Swiss tubes are back guys
http://www.ebay.com/sch/m.html?_odkw=&_ssn=swiss-tubes&_armrs=1&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2046732.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X%28e88cc%2Cecc88%2C6n23p%2Ce188cc%2C6dj8%2C7dj8%2Cpcc88%29.TRS0&_nkw=%28e88cc%2Cecc88%2C6n23p%2Ce188cc%2C6dj8%2C7dj8%2Cpcc88%29&_sacat=0

May lord have mercy on thy wallets

I bought a couple sets from him at nice prices a few months back. I'll be keeping an eye on a few of these. Damn you, I mean thanks. 
biggrin.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #8,976 of 23,494

I bought a couple sets from him at nice prices a few months back. I'll be keeping an eye on a few of these. Damn you, I mean thanks. 
biggrin.gif

Hahaha :D

Well as far as I recall the legendary yellow labeled Valvo CCas of Guidostrunk were bought from swiss-tubes, right? :) Who knows perhaps more will appear, last time they were selling for a good time until they stopped, a little before new years. They even sent a newsletter to all that bought tubes from them to ask what kinds of tubes we would be interested in buying :D They never replied to me though... but let's see :)

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #8,978 of 23,494

Well as far as I recall the legendary yellow labeled Valvo CCas of Guidostrunk were bought from swiss-tubes, right? :) Who knows perhaps more will appear, last time they were selling for a good time until they stopped, a little before new years. They even sent a newsletter to all that bought tubes from them to ask what kinds of tubes we would be interested in buying :D They never replied to me though... but let's see :)

I might be mistaken but I don't think Guido's yellows were bought at Swiss Tubes. Sam got them through Laurence, a fellow Head-Fi'er, who was the original buyer...and I'm pretty sure he got them from a different seller...a seller who many were suspecting of selling counterfeits. So, LMAO, Sam's legendary yellows might have been "made" by a little old lady in a Warsaw bed and breakfast in between her knitting projects. You never know where your own personal HG's might turn up.

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:55 AM Post #8,979 of 23,494

Hahaha
biggrin.gif

Well as far as I recall the legendary yellow labeled Valvo CCas of Guidostrunk were bought from swiss-tubes, right?
smily_headphones1.gif
Who knows perhaps more will appear, last time they were selling for a good time until they stopped, a little before new years. They even sent a newsletter to all that bought tubes from them to ask what kinds of tubes we would be interested in buying
biggrin.gif
They never replied to me though... but let's see
smily_headphones1.gif

I might be mistaken but I don't think Guido's yellows were bought at Swiss Tubes. Sam got them through Laurence, a fellow Head-Fi'er, who was the original buyer...and I'm pretty sure he got them from a different seller...a seller who many were suspecting of selling counterfeits. So, LMAO, Sam's legendary yellows might have been "made" by a little old lady in a Warsaw bed and breakfast in between her knitting projects. You never know where your own personal HG's might turn up.

Hmm I remember there being some banter about the yellow racer swiss tube picture :D Perhaps I got confused haha

Apr 11, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #8,980 of 23,494
Hmm I remember there being some banter about the yellow racer swiss tube picture :D Perhaps I got confused haha

Lol, that was me giving Sam a hard time about the yellow racer. Hey maybe those yellow Cca's were originally bought at Swiss Tubes but I don't think so. I'm sure Sam or Laurence will clear it up.

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:13 PM Post #8,981 of 23,494

I did post about getting some Valvo red label E188CC tubes from swiss-tubes that sound a lot like what Guido described with his yellow labels. They are noticeably more holographic than any of my other tubes and hurt my brain after I listen to them for a while. Maybe that's what you were thinking of.

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:19 PM Post #8,982 of 23,494

I did post about getting some Valvo red label E188CC tubes from swiss-tubes that sound a lot like what Guido described with his yellow labels. They are noticeably more holographic than any of my other tubes and hurt my brain after I listen to them for a while. Maybe that's what you were thinking of.

Elaborate on the "hurt my brain" aspect of the red Valvos.

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:29 PM Post #8,983 of 23,494

Elaborate on the "hurt my brain" aspect of the red Valvos.

Hm. Well, you know how tubes tend to widen and deepen the soundstage of the music? You can listen to the same music with a SS amp and a tube amp and the music sounds 'bigger' or more holographic, or at least it does for me. It's one of the main reasons I'm addicted to tubes. Well, the Valvos I got take that bigger soundstage and increase it yet again, to the point my brain is wondering where the hell the music is coming from. It's like I need a 3rd ear or something to process the extra information. It's wild. Eventually I have to turn it off and give my ears/brain a rest.

Guido seemed to love it and maybe his tubes do it differently but mine open a wormhole in the wall behind my speakers and disrupt the space-time continuum. It's true! 
wink_face.gif

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:49 PM Post #8,984 of 23,494
Guys trying to figure out the year made on my telefunken ecc88`s, if I am reading brents site right they are 2 March 1968, 1 September 1967?, and last one unreadable. B is for the Berlin factory?

http://www.audiotubes.com/teledate.htm

Apr 11, 2016 at 12:53 PM Post #8,985 of 23,494

Hm. Well, you know how tubes tend to widen and deepen the soundstage of the music? You can listen to the same music with a SS amp and a tube amp and the music sounds 'bigger' or more holographic, or at least it does for me. It's one of the main reasons I'm addicted to tubes. Well, the Valvos I got take that bigger soundstage and increase it yet again, to the point my brain is wondering where the hell the music is coming from. It's like I need a 3rd ear or something to process the extra information. It's wild. Eventually I have to turn it off and give my ears/brain a rest.

Guido seemed to love it and maybe his tubes do it differently but mine open a wormhole in the wall behind my speakers and disrupt the space-time continuum. It's true! 
wink_face.gif

I am making some calls...help should be arriving soon. In the meantime, do NOT screw with the continuum.

Users who are viewing this thread

• GSI
Back