Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Jul 11, 2015 at 11:39 AM Post #7,081 of 23,494
If that's your price range, there's other options. Look into some NOS E188CC's or 7308's(heerlen is my preference). . There's some excellent deals on ebay to be had. You just have to be patient. Also PM @rb2013. He has some excellent sounding Russian tubes in your range as well.
As far as the tubes mentioned. I really don't know much about them , and haven't seen any mention of them.
I'm sure others will chime in on NOS tubes.

Cheers

Jul 11, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #7,083 of 23,494
Just scored these, after a fun little bidding battle 
biggrin.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Valvo-E88CC-CCa-D-Getter-Grey-Shield-6DJ8-6922-CV2492-CV2493-CV5358-CV5472-/171840700638

Considering I was willing to go higher, I'm not complaining.

Jul 11, 2015 at 11:52 AM Post #7,084 of 23,494
  Just scored these, after a fun little bidding battle 
biggrin.gif

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Valvo-E88CC-CCa-D-Getter-Grey-Shield-6DJ8-6922-CV2492-CV2493-CV5358-CV5472-/171840700638

Considering I was willing to go higher, I'm not complaining.

Wow, that's a great price T...German-made D-Getters from '58.  Never heard the D-Getter red labels and have really only heard one pair of the German made Valvos as opposed to the Hollands.  Congrats on the steal !!!  Will very much look forward to your take on them.  Have purchased from that seller on at least 2 occasions with great success.

Jul 11, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #7,085 of 23,494

Wow, that's a great price T...German-made D-Getters from '58.  Never heard the D-Getter red labels and have really only heard one pair of the German made Valvos as opposed to the Hollands.  Congrats on the steal !!!  Will very much look forward to your take on them.  Have purchased from that seller on at least 2 occasions with great success.

Funny I was watching those too.  I gave up at $111.00.  Let us know how they sound.

Jul 11, 2015 at 11:56 AM Post #7,086 of 23,494
If that's your price range, there's other options. Look into some NOS E188CC's or 7308's(heerlen is my preference). . There's some excellent deals on ebay to be had. You just have to be patient. Also PM @rb2013. He has some excellent sounding Russian tubes in your range as well.
As far as the tubes mentioned. I really don't know much about them , and haven't seen any mention of them.

Cheers

Agree with Guidostrunk as he has become the resident King of Heerlen, Holland...Sam (Guido) knows his stuff.  As to the new Teles, I haven't heard them myself but have heard from a couple Head-fi'ers who's ears I really respect and they really liked these Teles...especially for the price.  But, like I said, just hearsay.

Jul 11, 2015 at 12:01 PM Post #7,087 of 23,494

I know, right?  I was expecting to be serioulsy out-bid, then in the final seconds put in a much higher bid, but only needed a couple bucks more than my previous max.  My wallet breathed a small sigh of relief 
wink.gif

I know the listing says '58, but the tubes are etched D9I (to go along with 7L1).  September 1959 works for me.  I'd have to check, but I think I've purchased from the seller previously, as well.  I was definitely familiar with the name.

Jul 11, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #7,088 of 23,494
Jul 11, 2015 at 12:09 PM Post #7,089 of 23,494
LOL. You are actually the Heerlen king. If it hadn't been for you Billy, I'd still be missing out big time. The yellows are still cooking, and I'm still blown away by the sound. The only move I'd make from here , is to explore those PW's ya got. Lol
Agree with Guidostrunk as he has become the resident King of Heerlen, Holland...Sam (Guido) knows his stuff.  As to the new Teles, I haven't heard them myself but have heard from a couple Head-fi'ers who's ears I really respect and they really liked these Teles...especially for the price.  But, like I said, just hearsay.

Jul 11, 2015 at 12:10 PM Post #7,090 of 23,494
  Funny I was watching those too.  I gave up at $111.00.  Let us know how they sound.

LOL. I was watching those as well. I'm very curious as to how they sound. Looking forward to your post.

Will do.  I'll put them up against my other Hamburg E88CCs, which are the funky 1964 'A' frames.  Unless I'm wrong about the year.  I need to check their change code again.  More interesting will be other 'D' getter E88CCs I have.  I think they're from New York, but might be Heerlen.

Jul 11, 2015 at 12:23 PM Post #7,091 of 23,494
Will do.  I'll put them up against my other Hamburg E88CCs, which are the funky 1964 'A' frames.  Unless I'm wrong about the year.  I need to check their change code again.  More interesting will be other 'D' getter E88CCs I have.  I think they're from New York, but might be Heerlen.

I can't hear much difference myself between A-frame hamburgers and pinched waist D-getter hamburgers... Interested in seeing if you hear any difference with the D's.

Fwiw I've got a couple E88CC dutch d-getters that I really do hear a big difference in comparison to the O-getters made a year or two later. Guess it all depends on batches and such.

I also haven't really been listening much in the last week because I think my sensitivity to treble I've always had is actually hyperacusis. My ears (or my brain?) have started giving me more pain from noises in my everyday life, so I'm going to see a doctor when I get a chance. My hearing is still great, I just feel assaulted by things that shouldn't bother. So taking a break from listening for a bit. Really don't want it to turn into tinnitus!!

Jul 11, 2015 at 12:28 PM Post #7,092 of 23,494
I can't hear much difference myself between A-frame hamburgers and pinched waist D-getter hamburgers... Interested in seeing if you hear any difference with the D's.

Fwiw I've got a couple E88CC dutch d-getters that I really do hear a big difference in comparison to the O-getters made a year or two later. Guess it all depends on batches and such.

I also haven't really been listening much in the last week because I think my sensitivity to treble I've always had is actually hyperacusis. My ears (or my brain?) have started giving me more pain from noises in my everyday life, so I'm going to see a doctor when I get a chance. My hearing is still great, I just feel assaulted by things that shouldn't bother. So taking a break from listening for a bit. Really don't want it to turn into tinnitus!!

Well, Mike, THAT ain't good !!!  Good luck and stay in touch.

Jul 11, 2015 at 12:33 PM Post #7,093 of 23,494

I know, right?  I was expecting to be serioulsy out-bid, then in the final seconds put in a much higher bid, but only needed a couple bucks more than my previous max.  My wallet breathed a small sigh of relief 
wink.gif

I know the listing says '58, but the tubes are etched D9I (to go along with 7L1).  September 1959 works for me.  I'd have to check, but I think I've purchased from the seller previously, as well.  I was definitely familiar with the name.

Oh I see the code in the last pic...yeah '59.  You DO have to watch stecla1, the seller, lol.  I think EVERY tube I've ever seen from him is tested at 9.0/8.5 and 9.0/9.5 AND every Valvo tube he says was made in Germany, even if it's Heerlen.  That said, I've never gotten a pair from him I didn't like or were noisy.  Let us know bro.

Jul 11, 2015 at 2:23 PM Post #7,094 of 23,494
^^good to know. I'm still completely enamored with the voskhods and reflektors so I'm out of the market. Especially since the LC should ship next month. But you never know when the tube bug is gonna bite.

Jul 11, 2015 at 4:44 PM Post #7,095 of 23,494

Cheers

Good to know!

I'm buying the Lyr in a few weeks and only starting some research of my tube options now. All input is appreciated! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back