Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
Aug 20, 2019 at 1:35 AM Post #22,397 of 23,494
To be serious for a moment (but *only* a moment), anybody got an idea who made this tube? It came in an RCA box and there was some very faint red printing (like RCA used) that's all but gone now. Pretty sure RCA didn't make this. It has the 4 quadrant ridges on top that would lead me believe it's of Philips lineage, but I don't have anything that matched up to it exactly.

Siemens made, rca branded.

Aug 20, 2019 at 4:38 AM Post #22,398 of 23,494
That is a Siemens tube. 70's silver shields maybe. Outside shot it's a GE.
Could also be 80s I think not 100% sure I have a few literal NIB of these as PCC88 from the 80s.

Aug 20, 2019 at 8:35 AM Post #22,399 of 23,494
Hey fellas! Just put some more hours on the CBS/Hytron 5814a bent square getter 55', and this tube continues to impress. This tube impresses me so much that I just bought the last 3 for sale on ebay. Now, I am set for life.:grin:

CBS/Hytron 5814a bent square getter, is an incredibly dynamic tube, with super deep and powerful yet very textured bass, this is some of the best bass I have heard. The mids are punchy and airy, while being clear and present, with vocals sounding very lifelike. The soundstage is huge, with not only great width and height, but some of the deepest front to back I have heard. There are literally 3d like sounds all around and up and down, and this really makes it fun. The sounds of instruments just jump out of a pitch black background. Another big thing, is that this tube is dead quiet and has absolutely no microphonics. I can literally tap on my amp, and I don't hear a thing. The biggest thing with this tube, is that it is super balanced and extended on both ends, with just enough warmth to make it musical as hell. This tube has a fine balance of clarity, dynamics and warmth that has me dancing and moving like no other. Happy hunting!:o2smile:

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:14 AM Post #22,400 of 23,494
Hey fellas! Just put some more hours on the CBS/Hytron 5814a bent square getter 55', and this tube continues to impress. This tube impresses me so much that I just bought the last 3 for sale on ebay. Now, I am set for life.:grin:

CBS/Hytron 5814a bent square getter, is an incredibly dynamic tube, with super deep and powerful yet very textured bass, this is some of the best bass I have heard. The mids are punchy and airy, while being clear and present, with vocals sounding very lifelike. The soundstage is huge, with not only great width and height, but some of the deepest front to back I have heard. There are literally 3d like sounds all around and up and down, and this really makes it fun. The sounds of instruments just jump out of a pitch black background. Another big thing, is that this tube is dead quiet and has absolutely no microphonics. I can literally tap on my amp, and I don't hear a thing. The biggest thing with this tube, is that it is super balanced and extended on both ends, with just enough warmth to make it musical as hell. This tube has a fine balance of clarity, dynamics and warmth that has me dancing and moving like no other. Happy hunting!:o2smile:
Thank you for letting the cat out of the bag on the CBS, especially AFTER you cleaned out the world`s supply. You are a gentleman and a scholar.

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:49 AM Post #22,401 of 23,494
Thank you for letting the cat out of the bag on the CBS, especially AFTER you cleaned out the world`s supply. You are a gentleman and a scholar.
The cat is definitely out of the bag, and having a blast! I am sure there will be more, it just might be a while. . . :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 8:24 PM Post #22,403 of 23,494
To be serious for a moment (but *only* a moment), anybody got an idea who made this tube? It came in an RCA box and there was some very faint red printing (like RCA used) that's all but gone now. Pretty sure RCA didn't make this. It has the 4 quadrant ridges on top that would lead me believe it's of Philips lineage, but I don't have anything that matched up to it exactly.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIEMENS-6D...I8AAOSwfVldVtTV:sc:USPSFirstClass!47403!US!-1

They look a bit like this I believe. I hope they are decent sounding since I have a pair on the way.

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:05 PM Post #22,404 of 23,494
https://www.ebay.com/itm/SIEMENS-6D...I8AAOSwfVldVtTV:sc:USPSFirstClass!47403!US!-1

They look a bit like this I believe. I hope they are decent sounding since I have a pair on the way.

Those are two different tubes. One has quadrant lines on top, the other only half lines. Getter support is different, and the one on the right has an extra piece of metal above the plates. Hopefully they sound the same, and that's a darn good price for a pair of Siemens that test that well. The one on the left looks identical to the one I have.

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:09 PM Post #22,405 of 23,494
Those are two different tubes. One has quadrant lines on top, the other only half lines. Getter support is different, and the one on the right has an extra piece of metal above the plates. Hopefully they sound the same, and that's a darn good price for a pair of Siemens that test that well. The one on the left looks identical to the one I have.
Should of mentioned that before I pulled the trigger.
Tube on the left is a later silver shield 70's, the 1 on the right is 60's greys shields with acid etching. Hope nobody here snagged them.

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2019 at 9:18 PM Post #22,406 of 23,494
Tube on the left is a later silver shield 70's, the 1 on the right is 60's greys shields with acid etching. Hope nobody here snagged them.
I just need individual tubes for now and I did not pay that price for them regardless.

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:26 PM Post #22,407 of 23,494

So I got a tube without acid? Well that sucks. I'm putting it in the bucket with the GE's. :smiley:

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:32 PM Post #22,409 of 23,494
So I got a tube without acid? Well that sucks. I'm putting it in the bucket with the GE's. :smiley:

I need to stop listening and just do my own buying, it will be easier

Aug 20, 2019 at 9:37 PM Post #22,410 of 23,494

Users who are viewing this thread

Back