1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. Paladin79
    Life will be simpler. :ksc75smile:

bcowen likes this.
  2. bcowen
    Haven't had a chance to listen to it yet. On the plus side, if it ends up blowing chunks I have no idea when I bought it or how much I paid for it so it'll be kinda like free garbage. :relaxed: If it sounds good, I'll be rewarded for the time I spent pawing through the stash when I found it.

TK16 likes this.
  3. TK16
    You might like them, give em a chance. Siemens tubes were incredible sounding on my Lyr 2, but they were too bright with my current gear so I sold them all.

bcowen likes this.
  4. Wes S
    Rolled in those Bugle Boy Holland ECC88 58' D Getters last night, and damn those are some killer tubes. I am still burning them in, but man the inner detail, is insane. I am hearing things I have not heard with the Brimar CV2492, without any harshness. The bass, mids and highs are all there working perfectly together, with a huge soundstage and great dynamics. This tube is staying in the LP for a good while. I was lucky enough to get 3 pairs for under $100 total, and could not be happier. Thanks to all who recommended them!

bcowen likes this.
  5. Wes S
    Bugle Boy Holland ECC88 D Getters 58' Glowin!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Ripper2860 and Paladin79 like this.
  6. Wes S
    Paladin79 and TK16 like this.
  7. TK16
    I`d advise passing on this, paid $200 for a pair of these from him, both were noisy/microphonic and 1 tube tested 1,800-1,350. 1,350 is minimum. The bad testing tube was advertised as 2,200-2,300.

Paladin79 and Wes S like this.
  8. Wes S
    That's why I don't do business, with that guy! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I think he might have been a good seller in the old days, but I consistently see crap from him, as of the last 2 years.

TK16 and Paladin79 like this.
  9. TK16
    Wes S likes this.
  10. Wes S
    TK16 likes this.
  11. TK16
    This is testing from the ad.

TUBE 1 - Ia 9.5/9.8 gm 2.1/2.2

TUBE 2 - Ia 9.8/9.5 gm 2.2/2.2

100% = Ia 10.5 gm 2.2

I got 2,250-2,200 2,100-2,260. Fantastic honest seller.

Wes S and Paladin79 like this.
  12. TK16
  13. Wes S
    I have seen a few of those lately and was wondering what they sound like myself. I know they make good stuff.

TK16 likes this.
  14. bcowen
    Can't remember who it was not too long ago that said a good, quiet 6DJ8 sounded better than a 6922 of the same lineage, but he must have been a pretty cool guy. :slight_smile:

TK16, Paladin79 and Wes S like this.
  15. Paladin79
    I have an assortment of 6DJ8's on the way, some from Germany, some from Holland, some US made. It will be fun to check out some different tubes. I may get a couple more !2AU7's down the road as well.

TK16 likes this.