1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. TK16
    Hey bro, I`m in need of a single Valvo Hamburg PCC88 PW 1957 if you have 1?

bcowen likes this.
  2. kolkoo
    I don't think I have one :S, I think the only strong testing one was a weird one that was date 1957 with a pinched waist but a small O-Getter.

bcowen likes this.
  3. TK16
    Just got in my second single ECC82 Heerlen D-getter 1957/1958, these suckers are the real deal.

jb77, bcowen and Wes S like this.
  4. Wes S
    Good to know!

I rolled a Brimar CV4034 last night, and it sounded like a combination of the Mullard 57' Blackburn square getter and the 7316 long plate foil getter. The Brimar takes all the strengths from those 2 tubes and none of the weaknesses. Then I rolled the famous CBS-Hytron 5814a bent square getter, and that is another amazing tube. Next up is the 56' ECC82 Heerlen D-Getter. . .These 12au7 variants all sound amazing, and I am having a blast rolling them.

5. TK16
    Having just pulled my Heerlen D getter ECC88 in my MJ2 and put the ECC82. No contest pitted against one another a I really love the Heerlen ECC88 D getter.

bcowen likes this.
  6. Wes S
    Damn! That is awesome and I am glad I have a few.

bcowen and TK16 like this.
  7. mattrudy80
    When are you going to let us in on who your supplier is?

bcowen likes this.
  8. TK16
    Menifee Audio iirc.

Wes S, bcowen and mattrudy80 like this.
  9. mattrudy80
    You may just get reported for that remark...

10. bcowen
    That's pretty selfish, stingy, and just all around rotten.

Sounds like what I'd do.

:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

mattrudy80, Wes S and TK16 like this.
  11. Wes S
    I learned it from watching you, with all those Russian Foton tubes you collected, back in the Lyr 3 thread days. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last edited: Aug 16, 2019
  12. TK16
    bcowen likes this.
  13. TK16
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2019
    bcowen likes this.
  14. Wes S
    bcowen likes this.
  15. TK16
    The 1 and 2 feedback guys ran the price up. Glad I got 2 pairs, would never pay $300 for any pair of tubes.

bcowen likes this.