1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. jb77
    Hey bro! I learned from the best!:upside_down:

bcowen and TK16 like this.
  2. nwavesailor
    I see where Tube Monger has Tele 6211. Anyone using these Tele's particularly in the LP?

I have 1965 Tele smooth plate 12AU7's arriving later this week, so I may wait until I hear the Tele's 'house sound' in the LP before I go off and buy MORE!:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    OldSkool and bcowen like this.
  3. bcowen
    ROFL!

4. bcowen
    TK16 likes this.
  5. TK16
    No carpet? I assumed there would be carpeting involved. Going to withdraw my $68 offer.

bcowen likes this.
  6. fotomeow
    Put a pair of Tungsram NOS 7DJ8 tubes in ....
    has a big full sound fleshed out to every edge of the huge SS.
    The SQ is a tad soft, but as I said, it is fleshed out, giving a sense of presence and continuity.
    Kind of like the Amperex 7308s IME. Also dead quiet.

Sounds best with modern (eg CD) recordings, and smaller groups or singer singer writer acoustics.

Test music:
    Bowie- Heathen, 2002
    Neil Young - acoustic sets, Live at Massey Hall, Live at Sugar Mtn
    Dexter Gordon - Both sides of Midnight, 1967

bcowen likes this.
  7. bcowen
    Yeah, but how do they sound with good music? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue:

upload_2019-6-16_21-10-53.png

fotomeow likes this.
  8. fotomeow
    Ha! So far as I know, I’m the only one here that actually listens to music. :owl:
    I mean, nobody ever posts the tunes they listen to! :boom:
    (Marilyn Manson? What):alien:

bcowen likes this.
  9. bcowen
    Too much? Ok, then maybe this:

upload_2019-6-16_21-50-44.png

fotomeow likes this.
  10. Wes S
    bcowen and TK16 like this.
  11. Wes S
    Hey all you 12au7 fans! Has anyone compared the Mullard CV491 square getter long plate to the Mullard ECC82 square getter long plate, both from Blackburn? Is it worth the extra cash, for the CV491?

bcowen likes this.
  12. TK16
    Afaik it is the same tube. CV491 military designation. ECC82 civilian version. Don't know if there are any sonic differences between the 2.

bcowen, fotomeow and Wes S like this.
  13. Wes S
    Thanks, that's what I am thinking, too. However, tighter military tolerances can yield slight differences in sound, as can be heard with the USA Amperex 6922 vs. 7308.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
    jb77, bcowen and fotomeow like this.
  14. TK16
    Got the Brimar ECC82 1955 square getters up to 170 hours, got them at 7th place on my list. Well worth a try around $100ish a pair.

bcowen, Wes S and fotomeow like this.
  15. nwavesailor
    MUST...............................RESIST......................................MORE..........................ECC82's

Adapters arriving today so the 12AU7 show should begin tonight in my LP.

jb77 and bcowen like this.