1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by joydivisi0n, Jul 23, 2013.
Tags:
  1. jb77
    They might as they are made with the same vibration reduction base and when I tried these with the Heerlen E180CC/7062 1957 PW in the LP they were quiet with no noise on the LP!

bcowen and TK16 like this.
  2. TK16
    Think the heater current is too high for the LP.

bcowen likes this.
  3. nwavesailor
    I found a post that had the E180CC / 7062 listed as 400 mA so that is at the limit of the PS.
    Dr. Cavelli suggested no more than 350 mA in the LP be safe.

4. jasonho
    I had microphonics issue with this tube when plugging directly into my CTH. But after using the socket saver, the problem goes away

8656F078-F778-40E0-8213-6E70B10A8BB4.jpeg
    CD8E4096-CC7A-4B87-A548-99782176D224.jpeg

bcowen, TK16 and jb77 like this.
  5. jb77
    You are correct TK (thank you) the heater current is too high for the LP. I was checking tubes I had with different gain ratings to see where the LP became noisy.

Thank you!

6. Wes S
    Mullard ECC82 57' Blackburn Square Getter Long Plate = Best Bass and Mids, I have ever heard! I am swimming in waves of midrange and bass texture.

Brimar ECC82 56' Square Getter Long Plate, up next.

As usual, TK16 was spot on, with tube suggestions.

jb77, bcowen and TK16 like this.
  7. bcowen
    TK16 likes this.
  8. TK16
    Just wanted to say putting an avatar pic of tubes with no markings is a bad showing on your part.

Wes S, jb77 and bcowen like this.
  9. TK16
    Correct me if I`m wrong, heated tubes are not essential in the testing process of this tester?

bcowen likes this.
  10. bcowen
    I'm sure it's something simple. Would you expect any GE product to work correctly right out of the box? Picky, picky. :innocent:

TK16 likes this.
  11. bcowen
    Bangy Bang must have switched to a water-based ink that rubs off easily. :relaxed:

TK16 likes this.
  12. TK16
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2019
    Wes S and bcowen like this.
  13. TK16
    bcowen likes this.
  14. nwavesailor
  15. TK16
    They even started including testing numbers, but make no mention what the tester is, only minimum 45 minimum. Agreed with the $3 coupon, what a deal!

bcowen likes this.