Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers
May 8, 2019 at 10:06 PM Post #21,231 of 23,494
@Guidostrunk and @bcowen have either of you bid on this pair or plan to bid on this pair? I have these in the B309 12AT7 family and really like them.

Negative on either for me. I'm on a worldwide quest for Lansdale-labeled 7N7's. I know they're out there...just playing hard to get. :slight_smile:

May 8, 2019 at 10:10 PM Post #21,232 of 23,494
I think these are one of AC favorites, as I remember reading a while back about iirc how he really liked the blue labels.
They are indeed. The triple mica ones are my holy grail, and have almost permanent residence in my mj2. There's barely any difference between the double mica and the triple, which only really became noticeable to me with the Utopia - slight increase in separation/detail retrieval.

At that price and condition, I highly recommend grabbing a pair if you like precise tubes with incredible detail retrieval and separation, and great soundstage. That said, they might a bit too analytical with something like the HD800, but for most cans, I'd say they're the perfect treat. At least to my ears and preferences.

May 8, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #21,234 of 23,494
These tubes are easily the best Mitcham`s I ever heard. Sweet like the 6201 PW Hamburg.
It's interesting that with different cans they were maybe top 15, but with the AFCs they're quite incredible, maybe top 5. Until tonight I was wondering why you liked them so much. Lol. Can you elaborate on how they compare to the 6201 PW Hamburg?

May 8, 2019 at 10:43 PM Post #21,235 of 23,494
It's interesting that with different cans they were maybe top 15, but with the AFCs they're quite incredible, maybe top 5. Until tonight I was wondering why you liked them so much. Lol. Can you elaborate on how they compare to the 6201 PW Hamburg?
Both are sweet, Hamburg's have a little better detail, soundstage. Both are warm. The Mitchams have the PW attributes but with a tilt to the Mullard sound signature. I like them better than the Mitcham ECC82 square getters.

May 8, 2019 at 10:45 PM Post #21,236 of 23,494
They are indeed. The triple mica ones are my holy grail, and have almost permanent residence in my mj2. There's barely any difference between the double mica and the triple, which only really became noticeable to me with the Utopia - slight increase in separation/detail retrieval.

At that price and condition, I highly recommend grabbing a pair if you like precise tubes with incredible detail retrieval and separation, and great soundstage. That said, they might a bit too analytical with something like the HD800, but for most cans, I'd say they're the perfect treat. At least to my ears and preferences.

Thank you AC! I pick up a pair, I purchased 2 and 11 as both were matched at 4500/4400

May 8, 2019 at 10:49 PM Post #21,238 of 23,494
Both are sweet, Hamburg's have a little better detail, soundstage. Both are warm. The Mitchams have the PW attributes but with a tilt to the Mullard sound signature. I like them better than the Mitcham ECC82 square getters.
I have a pair of 6201 Hamburg gold pin non-PW i'll have to try next as how you describe the PWs is quite similar IIRC.

May 8, 2019 at 11:22 PM Post #21,240 of 23,494
I'm rolling with singles, and have the one I posted earlier in the thread. I'm REALLY digging this tube as it burns in. Almost at 100 hours. Prefer it by a good bit over the a2900.
@Guidostrunk and @bcowen have either of you bid on this pair or plan to bid on this pair? I have these in the B309 12AT7 family and really like them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back